|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four-'Ohana, Chapters 19 & 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Rachel and Kenji call the police on Crossen?
(a) He steals from the shop in Kalaupapa.
(b) He breaks one of their windows.
(c) He beats his girlfriend.
(d) He threatens Rachel with physical harm.
2. How many years is Crossen sentenced to prison?
(a) Thirty-five years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Forty-two years.
3. How does Rachel escape from Moko in Chapter 8?
(a) She strikes him with a stick.
(b) She throws dirt in his eyes.
(c) She drops a large stone on his foot.
(d) She throws boiling water on him.
4. How does Kenji die in Chapter 19?
(a) He is accidentally stabbed.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He hits his head on a door.
(d) He has an allergic reaction.
5. What does Rachel warn Catherine about in Chapter 13?
(a) There is bad weather coming.
(b) Mother Marianne will be at the funeral.
(c) The funeral will not be Christian.
(d) That Catherine might contract leprosy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the settlement residents shown a movie in Chapter 13?
2. What type of racing does Rachel watch in Chapter 12?
3. What is Rachel's destination when she runs away?
4. What did Gabriel Crossen once do?
5. Who is the superintendent of the leper settlement?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)