|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four-'Ohana, Chapters 19 & 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel warn Catherine about in Chapter 13?
(a) The funeral will not be Christian.
(b) There is bad weather coming.
(c) That Catherine might contract leprosy.
(d) Mother Marianne will be at the funeral.
2. Why do Lani, Emily, and Francine go to Haleola's house?
(a) To clean up after the funeral.
(b) To help Rachel prepare Haleola for the funeral.
(c) To look for Haleola's will.
(d) To hide from the funeral goers.
3. What happens to the Hawaiian Islands on April 1st, 1946?
(a) A drought begins.
(b) A tsunami strikes.
(c) A typhoon hits.
(d) It snows.
4. Why does Catherine walk away from Haleola's funeral?
(a) She feels unwelcome.
(b) She is reminded of her recently deceased mother.
(c) She has an appointment to keep.
(d) She can't bear to say good-bye to Haleola.
5. What year is it in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the radio broadcasts from Oahu announce?
2. Who is the superintendent of the leper settlement?
3. Where are the settlement residents shown a movie in Chapter 13?
4. Who dies at the end of Chapter 8?
5. Why does Rachel run away in Chapter 8?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)