|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Moll's brushes with the law have on her activities?
(a) she takes a year off so that her face will be forgotten.
(b) she starts working with a partner.
(c) she becomes overconfident and continues her business.
(d) she becomes truly repentant and stops.
2. What does Mrs. B do with unwanted children?
(a) smothers them at birth.
(b) throws them into the river.
(c) sells them to gypsies.
(d) pays to have them taken away.
3. Who tries to help Moll get released from Newgate?
(a) her husband.
(b) the attorney.
(c) the governess.
(d) her banker.
4. What causes Moll to become audacious in her thievery?
(a) the need to be the best at what she does.
(b) gaining a reputation among criminals.
(c) desperation over lack of money.
(d) doing it a long time without being caught.
5. What does Moll admit to the lady who comes to help her?
(a) that she has a husband.
(b) that she is not married.
(c) that she does not want the child.
(d) that she has a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll do to the shopkeeper after she is exonerated by the capture of the real shoplifter?
2. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
3. What privilege do Moll and her husband get while anchored at Ireland?
4. What happens at the Barnet Stage?
5. What does Moll say allowed the devil to push her into crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the governess try to prepare Moll for hanging?
2. How is the governess able to set Moll up with the baronet after she robbed him in the carriage?
3. How is Moll finally caught red handed?
4. What adventure does Moll have at the gaming house?
5. What kind of reputation does Moll earn from the underground, criminal community?
6. What event causes Moll to turn to a life of crime?
7. What does Moll do after the man falls into a drunken sleep?
8. What assistance does she get from the landlady at the rooming house?
9. What happens to the child after it is born?
10. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)