|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moll say she continues to steal?
(a) it keeps her from being bored.
(b) if she stops others will turn her in to the police.
(c) she is in the power of the devil.
(d) she has nothing better to do.
2. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
(a) he gives her £1500.
(b) he laughs and says it is no important.
(c) he deserts her.
(d) he beats her.
3. When Moll is well enough to go to Mrs. B's house, how is she surprised?
(a) by its value.
(b) by its small rooms.
(c) by its comfort and cleanliness.
(d) by its seculsion.
4. How is Moll swept off her feet by an Irishman?
(a) by his appearance of great wealth.
(b) by his smooth tongue.
(c) by his gifts of jewels.
(d) by his rakish good looks.
5. Who does Moll get to visit in Newgate?
(a) her old partner in crime.
(b) an accused assassin.
(c) her Lancashire husband.
(d) her son Jemmy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll say about her delivery?
2. What hardens Moll's heart to become a professional thief?
3. How does Moll take advantage of the fop who took her to bed one evening?
4. What effect does the movement of the prisoners to the gallows have on Moll?
5. When a woman friend of Moll's wants her to meet her brother, what does the man want?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)