|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Moll in her widow's dress outside a shop?
(a) she is accused of stealing from the shop.
(b) she witnesses another thief at work.
(c) she waits for the right moment to enter.
(d) she faints and is carried into the shop.
2. What does Mrs. B say she does for the newborns?
(a) kills them humanely.
(b) pays for their education.
(c) saves their lives.
(d) finds them good homes.
3. Who tries to help Moll get released from Newgate?
(a) her husband.
(b) the governess.
(c) the attorney.
(d) her banker.
4. When a woman friend of Moll's wants her to meet her brother, what does the man want?
(a) a nanny for his children.
(b) her money.
(c) a maid.
(d) a mistress.
5. What does Moll manage to get from an ale house?
(a) a man's wallet.
(b) a silver tankard.
(c) a set of silver spoons.
(d) a lady's purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Moll's brushes with the law have on her activities?
2. Why does Moll not allow the maid Mrs. B sends to stay overnight?
3. Why does Moll not relate all the adventures of her Lancashire husband?
4. What happens to save Moll?
5. What does she say he is probably most worried about now?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the governess able to set Moll up with the baronet after she robbed him in the carriage?
2. Why is Moll so popular up north?
3. What does James tell Moll as she departs for London?
4. What adventure does Moll have at the gaming house?
5. How does Moll's marriage to the banker come to an end?
6. How is Moll finally caught red handed?
7. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
8. Where do Moll and James end up after Newgate?
9. What had Moll's new husband, James, believed about her before they were married?
10. Why does Moll not make a play for the banker?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)