|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they call Mrs. B in her house?
2. What is Moll's initial reaction to her new life of crime?
(a) fear of getting hooked on crime.
(b) fear of her governess.
(c) fear of Newgate.
(d) fear of God.
3. What happens at the Barnet Stage?
(a) Moll takes a woman's watch from her belt.
(b) Moll steals a bundle from a girl with a baby.
(c) Moll fakes an accident and demands compensation.
(d) Moll goes to Glasgow.
4. Why does Moll not relate all the adventures of her Lancashire husband?
(a) she does not believe them all.
(b) she means to write another book.
(c) she cannot know them all.
(d) it is her story, not his.
5. What is in the letter Moll receives after the baby is born?
(a) a newspaper clipping about her husband.
(b) a bill for her banker's services.
(c) a note from her husband.
(d) a request for a visit by her banker friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll say a woman is like when she is left desolate?
2. How does the banker say his wife is a whore?
3. What hardens Moll's heart to become a professional thief?
4. What does Moll steal from a child?
5. What is the governess' new business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Moll and James part.
2. Why does Moll not make a play for the banker?
3. Explain what foils Moll's plan to marry the banker when she returns to London.
4. How does the governess try to prepare Moll for hanging?
5. Why is Moll so popular up north?
6. What is Moll's concern about having the baby in the rooming house where she is staying?
7. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
8. How does Moll meet the next man she becomes involved with when she is forty-two-years old?
9. What assistance does she get from the landlady at the rooming house?
10. In Newgate, who is the leader of a rebel gang brought in for trial?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)