|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Moll's brushes with the law have on her activities?
(a) she starts working with a partner.
(b) she becomes overconfident and continues her business.
(c) she becomes truly repentant and stops.
(d) she takes a year off so that her face will be forgotten.
2. What does the banker promise Moll?
(a) to pay her well for occasional sex.
(b) not to talk more until he has a divorce.
(c) not to offer her money to be his mistress.
(d) to help her triple her money.
3. Before they depart for Ireland, what does Moll's new husband ask her?
(a) if she has affairs to finish in London.
(b) if she has brought any money with her.
(c) if she will wait for him in West chester.
(d) if she wants a large family.
4. Why do people suggest that Moll move out of St. John's Street?
(a) she is obviously pregnant with no husband.
(b) she needs to go to a hsopital.
(c) people think she is a whore.
(d) someone recognises her.
5. Why does the landlady not offer the same help that Mrs. B offers?
(a) she cannot secure the parish.
(b) she is not a midwife.
(c) she does not have enough room.
(d) she lacks education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the sliver brought to the pawnbroker?
2. Who does Moll get to visit in Newgate?
3. What does Moll say about her delivery?
4. What happens to the governess to reduce her fortune?
5. What does Moll say the passing jade thinks of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moll stop stealing for a while?
2. What happens to the child after it is born?
3. Where do Moll and James end up after Newgate?
4. How does Moll escape capture when a former partner in crime gets caught by the police?
5. What adventure does Moll have at the gaming house?
6. Explain what foils Moll's plan to marry the banker when she returns to London.
7. How does Moll's marriage to the banker come to an end?
8. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
9. What is Moll's concern about having the baby in the rooming house where she is staying?
10. Describe how Moll and James part.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)