|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moll learn about her banker?
(a) he has no money himself.
(b) he is a confirmed bachelor.
(c) he wants a mistress.
(d) he has a wife.
2. What does Moll confess to the banker?
(a) that she trusted him but that was all.
(b) that she had no romantic ideas about him.
(c) that she had thought he was single.
(d) that she fell in love with him at the bank.
3. What happens at the Barnet Stage?
(a) Moll takes a woman's watch from her belt.
(b) Moll fakes an accident and demands compensation.
(c) Moll steals a bundle from a girl with a baby.
(d) Moll goes to Glasgow.
4. What effect does the movement of the prisoners to the gallows have on Moll?
(a) she has a fit of crying.
(b) she laughs at the misfortune she has avoided.
(c) she feels superior once again.
(d) she has a moment of great relief.
5. What is Moll's first theft?
(a) a watch on the belt of an old lady.
(b) money left lying on a counter.
(c) an unwatched parcel in an apothecary shop.
(d) the wallet of an old man asleep on a park bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a woman friend of Moll's wants her to meet her brother, what does the man want?
2. How does the banker say his wife is a whore?
3. What does Moll say allowed the devil to push her into crime?
4. What is the governess turned pawnbroker actually doing?
5. What effect does Moll's brushes with the law have on her activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moll eventually project her guilt onto someone else?
2. What does Moll do after the man falls into a drunken sleep?
3. What happens to the child after it is born?
4. Describe how Moll and James part.
5. What is Moll's concern about having the baby in the rooming house where she is staying?
6. How does Moll's marriage to the banker come to an end?
7. What event causes Moll to turn to a life of crime?
8. What does James tell Moll as she departs for London?
9. Why does Moll stop stealing for a while?
10. Why is Moll so popular up north?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)