|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the Barnet Stage?
(a) Moll goes to Glasgow.
(b) Moll steals a bundle from a girl with a baby.
(c) Moll fakes an accident and demands compensation.
(d) Moll takes a woman's watch from her belt.
2. How does Moll take advantage of the fop who took her to bed one evening?
(a) she accuses him of raping her.
(b) she gets him to fall asleep and takes everything he has.
(c) she charges him a large sum to keep quiet.
(d) she blackmails him.
3. What does Moll do to the shopkeeper after she is exonerated by the capture of the real shoplifter?
(a) She demands money as restitution.
(b) She takes him to court.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She makes him get on his knees to apologize.
4. How old does she now admit to being?
5. What is Moll's first theft?
(a) money left lying on a counter.
(b) the wallet of an old man asleep on a park bench.
(c) an unwatched parcel in an apothecary shop.
(d) a watch on the belt of an old lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the landlady send for to assist Moll?
2. Why does Moll not allow the maid Mrs. B sends to stay overnight?
3. What happens to the sliver brought to the pawnbroker?
4. Why does Moll put off the banker who now has a divorce?
5. How does Moll begin looking at the banker's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Moll finally caught red handed?
2. Why does Moll stop stealing for a while?
3. How does Moll eventually project her guilt onto someone else?
4. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
5. How does Moll escape capture when a former partner in crime gets caught by the police?
6. Why is Moll so popular up north?
7. What had Moll's new husband, James, believed about her before they were married?
8. How does Moll meet the next man she becomes involved with when she is forty-two-years old?
9. What assistance does she get from the landlady at the rooming house?
10. Why does Moll not make a play for the banker?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)