|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moll begin looking at the banker's house?
(a) as if she could improve on it.
(b) as if it were her own.
(c) as a place she likes to visit.
(d) as a problem she must solve.
2. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
(a) he laughs and says it is no important.
(b) he gives her £1500.
(c) he deserts her.
(d) he beats her.
3. What does Mrs. B give to the parish officials?
(a) information on the missing husbands.
(b) money to keep them quiet.
(c) security that the women who come to her are married.
(d) weekly donations of food.
4. What happens to Moll in her widow's dress outside a shop?
(a) she witnesses another thief at work.
(b) she faints and is carried into the shop.
(c) she is accused of stealing from the shop.
(d) she waits for the right moment to enter.
5. How does the governess get money from the baronet?
(a) by begging.
(b) by picking his pocket.
(c) by extortion.
(d) by returning his possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does she now admit to being?
2. Why does Moll not relate all the adventures of her Lancashire husband?
3. When Moll is well enough to go to Mrs. B's house, how is she surprised?
4. What does Moll say about her delivery?
5. Who does Moll meet to help her with her money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moll not make a play for the banker?
2. What does James tell Moll as she departs for London?
3. How is the governess able to set Moll up with the baronet after she robbed him in the carriage?
4. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
5. How is Moll finally caught red handed?
6. Explain what foils Moll's plan to marry the banker when she returns to London.
7. How does Moll turn her stolen goods into cash?
8. How does Moll escape capture when a former partner in crime gets caught by the police?
9. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
10. What adventure does Moll have at the gaming house?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)