|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Moll married to the banker before he dies?
(a) eighteen weeks.
(b) six months.
(c) one year.
(d) five years.
2. Who tries to help Moll get released from Newgate?
(a) the attorney.
(b) her husband.
(c) her banker.
(d) the governess.
3. How does Mill say she came out of the charge of robbing the silversmith?
(a) with fear and trepidation.
(b) with her will to stop thieving.
(c) with flying colors.
(d) with shame and disgrace.
4. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
(a) he deserts her.
(b) he gives her £1500.
(c) he beats her.
(d) he laughs and says it is no important.
5. What is Moll tempted to do that frightens her?
(a) she is tempted to murder the girl.
(b) she is tempted to steal the girl.
(c) she is tempted to look for more children to rob.
(d) she is tempted to turn herself in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the wealthy man Moll robs in a coach turn out to be?
2. What happens to the sliver brought to the pawnbroker?
3. What does Mrs. B say she does for the newborns?
4. Who does the governess introduce Moll to who can help her learn the art of thieving?
5. What happens to the governess to reduce her fortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moll turn her stolen goods into cash?
2. Describe how Moll and James part.
3. What does James tell Moll as she departs for London?
4. What event causes Moll to turn to a life of crime?
5. How does Moll eventually project her guilt onto someone else?
6. Where do Moll and James end up after Newgate?
7. What is Moll's concern about having the baby in the rooming house where she is staying?
8. Why is Moll so popular up north?
9. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
10. What kind of reputation does Moll earn from the underground, criminal community?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)