|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the movement of the prisoners to the gallows have on Moll?
(a) she has a moment of great relief.
(b) she laughs at the misfortune she has avoided.
(c) she feels superior once again.
(d) she has a fit of crying.
2. How old does she now admit to being?
3. How long is Moll married to the banker before he dies?
(a) one year.
(b) five years.
(c) eighteen weeks.
(d) six months.
4. What is the governess turned pawnbroker actually doing?
(a) robbing from the rich to give to the poor.
(b) teaching women how to shoplift.
(c) heading up a theft ring.
(d) fencing stolen goods.
5. What is Moll's initial reaction to her new life of crime?
(a) fear of getting hooked on crime.
(b) fear of Newgate.
(c) fear of God.
(d) fear of her governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moll cease to fear witnesses against her?
2. Why does the landlady not offer the same help that Mrs. B offers?
3. After moving back with the governess, what work does Mill do?
4. What is the location when Moll is finally caught red handed?
5. What does she say he is probably most worried about now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moll do after the man falls into a drunken sleep?
2. How is Moll finally caught red handed?
3. What adventure does Moll have at the gaming house?
4. In Newgate, who is the leader of a rebel gang brought in for trial?
5. Why does Moll stop stealing for a while?
6. How does Moll eventually project her guilt onto someone else?
7. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
8. How does Moll meet the next man she becomes involved with when she is forty-two-years old?
9. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
10. What happens to the child after it is born?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)