|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Mrs. B say Moll's lying in will cost?
2. How is Moll married to the Irishman?
(a) in a Druid ceremony.
(b) in the Church of England.
(c) in a Roman Catholic ceremony.
(d) by a Magistrate.
3. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
(a) he deserts her.
(b) he beats her.
(c) he laughs and says it is no important.
(d) he gives her £1500.
4. How is Moll swept off her feet by an Irishman?
(a) by his gifts of jewels.
(b) by his smooth tongue.
(c) by his appearance of great wealth.
(d) by his rakish good looks.
5. What is the banker's house like?
(a) large and well furnished.
(b) small and comfortable.
(c) in need of a woman's touch.
(d) large but without much furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a woman caught with goods Moll had stolen?
2. How does the banker say his wife is a whore?
3. What happens to save Moll?
4. Why does Moll reproach herself after getting caught with the brocade silk?
5. What does Moll admit to the lady who comes to help her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
2. How does Moll escape capture when a former partner in crime gets caught by the police?
3. How is the governess able to set Moll up with the baronet after she robbed him in the carriage?
4. What had Moll's new husband, James, believed about her before they were married?
5. What does Moll do after the man falls into a drunken sleep?
6. Explain what foils Moll's plan to marry the banker when she returns to London.
7. Where do Moll and James end up after Newgate?
8. How does Moll's marriage to the banker come to an end?
9. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
10. What is Moll's concern about having the baby in the rooming house where she is staying?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)