|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Moll's brushes with the law have on her activities?
(a) she takes a year off so that her face will be forgotten.
(b) she becomes truly repentant and stops.
(c) she becomes overconfident and continues her business.
(d) she starts working with a partner.
2. Why does Mrs. B not abort Moll's pregnancy?
(a) she is too far along.
(b) Moll wants to keep the baby.
(c) she has a buyer for Moll's child.
(d) her religion does not allow it.
3. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
(a) he laughs and says it is no important.
(b) he gives her £1500.
(c) he deserts her.
(d) he beats her.
4. What effect does the movement of the prisoners to the gallows have on Moll?
(a) she has a moment of great relief.
(b) she has a fit of crying.
(c) she feels superior once again.
(d) she laughs at the misfortune she has avoided.
5. What reception does Moll get from the inmates at Newgate?
(a) they ignored her.
(b) they sympathized with her.
(c) they all wanted to meet her.
(d) they gloated over her capture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. B say she does for the newborns?
2. What do Moll and Mrs. B work out?
3. What does Moll say a woman is like when she is left desolate?
4. How does Moll steal two rings she sees through a house window?
5. How is Moll married to the Irishman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moll turn her stolen goods into cash?
2. How does Moll meet the next man she becomes involved with when she is forty-two-years old?
3. In Newgate, who is the leader of a rebel gang brought in for trial?
4. How does Moll escape capture when a former partner in crime gets caught by the police?
5. What kind of reputation does Moll earn from the underground, criminal community?
6. How does the governess try to prepare Moll for hanging?
7. What happens to the child after it is born?
8. Why does Moll not make a play for the banker?
9. What had Moll's new husband, James, believed about her before they were married?
10. What is Moll's concern about having the baby in the rooming house where she is staying?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)