|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moll begin looking at the banker's house?
(a) as a place she likes to visit.
(b) as if it were her own.
(c) as if she could improve on it.
(d) as a problem she must solve.
2. When a woman friend of Moll's wants her to meet her brother, what does the man want?
(a) a maid.
(b) a mistress.
(c) a nanny for his children.
(d) her money.
3. What causes Moll to become audacious in her thievery?
(a) gaining a reputation among criminals.
(b) the need to be the best at what she does.
(c) doing it a long time without being caught.
(d) desperation over lack of money.
4. What is Moll tempted to do that frightens her?
(a) she is tempted to steal the girl.
(b) she is tempted to murder the girl.
(c) she is tempted to turn herself in.
(d) she is tempted to look for more children to rob.
5. How long is Moll married to the banker before he dies?
(a) one year.
(b) eighteen weeks.
(c) five years.
(d) six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they call Mrs. B in her house?
2. What is the location when Moll is finally caught red handed?
3. What does Moll fear about her current landlady who brings Mrs. B?
4. How does the governess say the baronet explained his condition to his wife?
5. How is Moll married to the Irishman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Moll finally caught red handed?
2. What kind of reputation does Moll earn from the underground, criminal community?
3. What had Moll's new husband, James, believed about her before they were married?
4. How does Moll escape capture when a former partner in crime gets caught by the police?
5. What does Moll do after the man falls into a drunken sleep?
6. Why does Moll not make a play for the banker?
7. What assistance does she get from the landlady at the rooming house?
8. What is Moll's concern about having the baby in the rooming house where she is staying?
9. How does Moll eventually project her guilt onto someone else?
10. How does the governess try to prepare Moll for hanging?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)