|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the banker say about himself and his wife?
(a) he is alone and she is in an asylum.
(b) he is a cuckold and she is a whore.
(c) he is young and she is old.
(d) he is unhappy and she is living a high life.
2. What does Mrs. B do with unwanted children?
(a) pays to have them taken away.
(b) smothers them at birth.
(c) sells them to gypsies.
(d) throws them into the river.
3. Why does Moll not allow the maid Mrs. B sends to stay overnight?
(a) she fears she will be murdered in her sleep.
(b) she fears she is a thief.
(c) she fears she will hear her talk in her sleep.
(d) she thinks the girl is adled.
4. How is Moll married to the Irishman?
(a) in a Roman Catholic ceremony.
(b) in a Druid ceremony.
(c) in the Church of England.
(d) by a Magistrate.
5. After her Bath lover deserts her, what does Moll have?
(a) a sick baby and no money.
(b) her apartment for one more month.
(c) bills in excess of £450.
(d) above £450 and her possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. B not abort Moll's pregnancy?
2. Who does Moll say put evil ideas into her head?
3. What reception does Moll get from the inmates at Newgate?
4. How long is Moll married to the banker before he dies?
5. Why does Moll say she continues to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event causes Moll to turn to a life of crime?
2. What happens to the child after it is born?
3. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
4. How does Moll turn her stolen goods into cash?
5. What does James tell Moll as she departs for London?
6. What does Moll do after the man falls into a drunken sleep?
7. How does Moll's marriage to the banker come to an end?
8. What kind of reputation does Moll earn from the underground, criminal community?
9. How does Moll escape capture when a former partner in crime gets caught by the police?
10. How does Moll eventually project her guilt onto someone else?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)