|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mill say she came out of the charge of robbing the silversmith?
(a) with her will to stop thieving.
(b) with flying colors.
(c) with shame and disgrace.
(d) with fear and trepidation.
2. What effect does Moll's brushes with the law have on her activities?
(a) she starts working with a partner.
(b) she becomes overconfident and continues her business.
(c) she takes a year off so that her face will be forgotten.
(d) she becomes truly repentant and stops.
3. What does she say he is probably most worried about now?
(a) that someone saw what actually happened.
(b) that Moll will find him again.
(c) that he might have the pox.
(d) that his wife will believe his story.
4. How does Moll take advantage of the fop who took her to bed one evening?
(a) she gets him to fall asleep and takes everything he has.
(b) she accuses him of raping her.
(c) she charges him a large sum to keep quiet.
(d) she blackmails him.
5. What happens to the sliver brought to the pawnbroker?
(a) it is smuggled to France.
(b) it is melted down.
(c) it is sold to collectors.
(d) it is sold back to the people it was stolen from.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moll put off the banker who now has a divorce?
2. What does Mrs. B say she does for the newborns?
3. What privilege do Moll and her husband get while anchored at Ireland?
4. After her Bath lover deserts her, what does Moll have?
5. What does Moll say about her delivery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James tell Moll as she departs for London?
2. Explain what foils Moll's plan to marry the banker when she returns to London.
3. How does the governess try to prepare Moll for hanging?
4. What event causes Moll to turn to a life of crime?
5. What adventure does Moll have at the gaming house?
6. What kind of reputation does Moll earn from the underground, criminal community?
7. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
8. How does Moll meet the next man she becomes involved with when she is forty-two-years old?
9. How is Moll finally caught red handed?
10. What is Moll's concern about having the baby in the rooming house where she is staying?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)