|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What privilege do Moll and her husband get while anchored at Ireland?
(a) going ashore to buy provisions.
(b) staying on deck.
(c) dining with the captain.
(d) sending letters to friends in England.
2. What is Moll tempted to do that frightens her?
(a) she is tempted to look for more children to rob.
(b) she is tempted to turn herself in.
(c) she is tempted to steal the girl.
(d) she is tempted to murder the girl.
3. What does the banker promise Moll?
(a) to pay her well for occasional sex.
(b) not to talk more until he has a divorce.
(c) not to offer her money to be his mistress.
(d) to help her triple her money.
4. Why does Moll cease to fear witnesses against her?
(a) she knows too much about them.
(b) they are all hanged or transported.
(c) she works in several disguises.
(d) no one knows her face.
5. Why do people suggest that Moll move out of St. John's Street?
(a) people think she is a whore.
(b) someone recognises her.
(c) she is obviously pregnant with no husband.
(d) she needs to go to a hsopital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll say allowed the devil to push her into crime?
2. How does the governess say the baronet explained his condition to his wife?
3. What is the banker's house like?
4. How is Moll swept off her feet by an Irishman?
5. After moving back with the governess, what work does Mill do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
2. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
3. What does Moll do after the man falls into a drunken sleep?
4. In Newgate, who is the leader of a rebel gang brought in for trial?
5. What event causes Moll to turn to a life of crime?
6. How does Moll escape capture when a former partner in crime gets caught by the police?
7. What does James tell Moll as she departs for London?
8. How does the governess try to prepare Moll for hanging?
9. What had Moll's new husband, James, believed about her before they were married?
10. Explain what foils Moll's plan to marry the banker when she returns to London.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)