|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moll not allow the maid Mrs. B sends to stay overnight?
(a) she fears she is a thief.
(b) she thinks the girl is adled.
(c) she fears she will hear her talk in her sleep.
(d) she fears she will be murdered in her sleep.
2. What is Moll's first theft?
(a) the wallet of an old man asleep on a park bench.
(b) an unwatched parcel in an apothecary shop.
(c) a watch on the belt of an old lady.
(d) money left lying on a counter.
3. What happens to a woman caught with goods Moll had stolen?
(a) she has a heart attack and dies.
(b) she tells on Moll.
(c) she is taken to Newgate.
(d) she kicks a policeman.
4. How does Moll steal two rings she sees through a house window?
(a) she enters the house and takes the rings.
(b) she sends a child inside to get the rings.
(c) she breaks the glass and takes the rings.
(d) she raises the window and takes the rings.
5. Who does Moll get to visit in Newgate?
(a) her old partner in crime.
(b) an accused assassin.
(c) her son Jemmy.
(d) her Lancashire husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mrs. B say Moll's lying in will cost?
2. How does Moll take advantage of the fop who took her to bed one evening?
3. What happens to save Moll?
4. After her Bath lover deserts her, what does Moll have?
5. What do Moll and her Lancashire husband discover about each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What adventure does Moll have at the gaming house?
2. What had Moll's new husband, James, believed about her before they were married?
3. Why is Moll so popular up north?
4. How does Moll eventually project her guilt onto someone else?
5. How does Moll's marriage to the banker come to an end?
6. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
7. What does Moll do after the man falls into a drunken sleep?
8. What assistance does she get from the landlady at the rooming house?
9. Where do Moll and James end up after Newgate?
10. What causes Moll to continue stealing?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)