|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. B not abort Moll's pregnancy?
(a) her religion does not allow it.
(b) she has a buyer for Moll's child.
(c) she is too far along.
(d) Moll wants to keep the baby.
2. Who does the governess introduce Moll to who can help her learn the art of thieving?
(a) a professional pickpocket.
(b) a schoolmistress.
(c) a house robber.
(d) a magician.
3. What causes Moll to become audacious in her thievery?
(a) doing it a long time without being caught.
(b) the need to be the best at what she does.
(c) gaining a reputation among criminals.
(d) desperation over lack of money.
4. Why does Moll not relate all the adventures of her Lancashire husband?
(a) it is her story, not his.
(b) she does not believe them all.
(c) she means to write another book.
(d) she cannot know them all.
5. Who does Moll get to visit in Newgate?
(a) her old partner in crime.
(b) her son Jemmy.
(c) her Lancashire husband.
(d) an accused assassin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. B say she does for the newborns?
2. What effect does Moll's brushes with the law have on her activities?
3. What happens to Moll in her widow's dress outside a shop?
4. What does Moll fear about her current landlady who brings Mrs. B?
5. What is wrong with Moll's prayers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moll stop stealing for a while?
2. How is the governess able to set Moll up with the baronet after she robbed him in the carriage?
3. What does Moll do after the man falls into a drunken sleep?
4. Explain what foils Moll's plan to marry the banker when she returns to London.
5. How does Moll's marriage to the banker come to an end?
6. Why does Moll not make a play for the banker?
7. What had Moll's new husband, James, believed about her before they were married?
8. How does the governess try to prepare Moll for hanging?
9. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
10. How does Moll escape capture when a former partner in crime gets caught by the police?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)