|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to help Moll get released from Newgate?
(a) the governess.
(b) the attorney.
(c) her banker.
(d) her husband.
2. What happens to Moll in her widow's dress outside a shop?
(a) she is accused of stealing from the shop.
(b) she witnesses another thief at work.
(c) she faints and is carried into the shop.
(d) she waits for the right moment to enter.
3. How does the governess get money from the baronet?
(a) by returning his possessions.
(b) by extortion.
(c) by begging.
(d) by picking his pocket.
4. How old does she now admit to being?
5. What does Mrs. B do with unwanted children?
(a) pays to have them taken away.
(b) throws them into the river.
(c) sells them to gypsies.
(d) smothers them at birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a woman friend of Moll's wants her to meet her brother, what does the man want?
2. How is Moll swept off her feet by an Irishman?
3. Why does Moll reproach herself after getting caught with the brocade silk?
4. What does Moll manage to get from an ale house?
5. What is wrong with Moll's prayers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moll's marriage to the banker come to an end?
2. What happens to the child after it is born?
3. What is Moll's concern about having the baby in the rooming house where she is staying?
4. Explain what foils Moll's plan to marry the banker when she returns to London.
5. What kind of reputation does Moll earn from the underground, criminal community?
6. How is Moll finally caught red handed?
7. Describe how Moll and James part.
8. What assistance does she get from the landlady at the rooming house?
9. How does Moll meet the next man she becomes involved with when she is forty-two-years old?
10. What event causes Moll to turn to a life of crime?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)