|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moll get away from the gypsies?
(a) by running to a policeman.
(b) by hiding herself.
(c) by being sold by the gypsies.
(d) by finding her mother.
2. How does Moll talk about their next encounter?
(a) she says he gave her £1000.
(b) she says he smuggled her into his room and locked the door.
(c) she says he went farther than decency allows her to recount.
(d) she says he paid her to disrobe for him to see.
3. What does Moll say marriages are the consequences of in the country?
4. What shows the other brother's intentions that Moll does not understand?
(a) he gives her money.
(b) he kisses her and runs away.
(c) he proposes marriage.
(d) he takes her out of the house.
5. What does the narrator insist that the characters must eventually become?
(b) hardened criminals.
(d) real people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Moll not to go to the older brother's wedding?
2. After the gentleman lover nearly dies, what happens to him?
3. What does the sister tell her older brother about having money but not great beauty when looking for a husband?
4. How do Moll and the young woman next door get even with the young captain?
5. What spared Moll's mother's life when she was condemned to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What solution do Moll and her husband-brother come up with to resolve the situation?
2. As a child what does Moll want that amuses the Mayor's wife and her Nurse?
3. Who takes Moll in after the death of the Nurse?
4. What excuse does the older brother give for not marrying Moll right away?
5. Why does Moll put off the younger brother's proposal of marriage?
6. How does Moll become closely involved with a wealthy man in Bath?
7. What happens to Moll's heart when the older brother takes an interest in her?
8. To Moll's chagrin, what does the older brother insist that she do?
9. What is Moll's life like at first in Virginia?
10. What are the stories her mother-in-law tells that eventually reveal she was herself transported from Newgate prison to America?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)