|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mayoress say Moll may become a gentlewoman for all they know?
(a) she has a gentlewoman's hands.
(b) she is very lovely.
(c) she has a gentlewoman's air about her.
(d) she speaks with proper English.
2. Why does Moll go to the aid of the young woman next door to her?
(a) her beau had left her bacause he had many others.
(b) her beau had left her when she gave him no money.
(c) her beau had left her after she became pregnant.
(d) her beau left her because she checked up on his character.
3. What does Mrs. Betty (aka Moll) know that makes her vain?
(a) she is a great beauty.
(b) she has superior intelligence.
(c) she had longer hair than most girls.
(d) she wears clothes well.
4. What does the landlady charge Moll for lodging during the winter at Bath?
(a) a few shillings.
(b) some bartered goods.
(d) one pound.
5. What does the narrator say results from any wicked action in the book?
(a) a means to get away.
(b) an unhappy end.
(c) a lesson for the readers.
(d) an argument for clean living.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Moll meet at Bath?
2. What spared Moll's mother's life when she was condemned to die?
3. Why does the mistress come to talk with Moll while she sews a shirt?
4. How does Moll propose to make her own living?
5. What do the ladies of the town do for Moll?
Short Essay Questions
1. What solution do Moll and her husband-brother come up with to resolve the situation?
2. As a child what does Moll want that amuses the Mayor's wife and her Nurse?
3. How does the gentleman react when he learns of Moll's pregnancy?
4. After some repentance for their sleeping together, what do Moll and the gentleman do?
5. How does Moll marry for the third time?
6. What apology does the editor make about the content of the book?
7. What does Moll know about her mother?
8. What is Moll's life like at first in Virginia?
9. How does Moll become closely involved with a wealthy man in Bath?
10. What happens to Moll's heart when the older brother takes an interest in her?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)