|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moll receive at the second home where she is kept?
(a) hard labor.
(b) £100 a month.
(c) fire new garments.
2. What is the condition under which Moll goes to a new house?
(a) an agreement to remain unseen.
(b) a two-week trial period.
(c) making dresses for the daughters.
(d) staying away from the sons.
3. What does Moll say that women of her time had lost?
(a) the right to become wives.
(b) the right to forego having children.
(c) the right to stay single.
(d) the right to say No.
4. Where does Moll take up residence after returning from Virginia?
(d) the Mint.
5. What causes Moll not to go to the older brother's wedding?
(a) she is not invited to the wedding.
(b) seeing another woman marry the man she loves.
(c) she is eight months pregnant.
(d) she has to look after her ten children.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the gentleman lover nearly dies, what happens to him?
2. What alteration does the narrator say has been made to the story?
3. What does Mrs. Betty (aka Moll) know that makes her vain?
4. What does the younger brother protest about with his sister?
5. Moving in with a friend, what does Moll come to be called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James tell Moll as she departs for London?
2. How does Moll marry for the third time?
3. As the story opens, why does the writer not reveal her real name?
4. What assistance does she get from the landlady at the rooming house?
5. After some repentance for their sleeping together, what do Moll and the gentleman do?
6. Why is Moll so popular up north?
7. As a child what does Moll want that amuses the Mayor's wife and her Nurse?
8. How does the gentleman react when he learns of Moll's pregnancy?
9. How does Moll protest the older brother's suggestion?
10. How is Moll finally caught red handed?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)