|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the gentleman lover nearly dies, what happens to him?
(a) he loses him membory of Moll.
(b) he goes to France.
(c) he is struck by remorse.
(d) he vows to find a new lover.
2. How do Moll and the young woman next door get even with the young captain?
(a) by picketing his house.
(b) by destroying his reputation.
(c) by fooling him into marrying a shrew.
(d) by sinking his ship.
3. What is Moll's first recollection?
(a) leaving Newgate prison.
(b) being among the gypsies.
(c) being hungry on the street.
(d) learning how to sew.
4. Where is Moll born?
(a) in her grandmother's house.
(b) in a barn.
(c) in a hospital.
(d) in prison.
5. How does the elder brother begin his chase of Moll?
(a) talking about her to his sisters.
(b) flirting with her in front of his mother.
(c) buying her expensive gifts.
(d) slipping into her room at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Moll not consider doing?
2. What causes Moll not to go to the older brother's wedding?
3. When Moll's resolution breaks and she gives him permission to make love to her, how does she classify herself?
4. Where does Moll take up residence after returning from Virginia?
5. Where does Moll learn that men find a mistress sometimes, but very rarely look for a wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the editor compare the novel to dramatic plays of the day?
2. What does Moll learn about the Men who visit Bath during the summer season?
3. What is Moll's life like at first in Virginia?
4. As the story opens, why does the writer not reveal her real name?
5. As a child what does Moll want that amuses the Mayor's wife and her Nurse?
6. What is the complication that arises in the new family where Moll lives?
7. How does Moll become closely involved with a wealthy man in Bath?
8. What happens to Moll's heart when the older brother takes an interest in her?
9. Who takes Moll in after the death of the Nurse?
10. How does Moll marry for the third time?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)