|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does her tradesman turn out to be?
(a) a hardened criminal .
(b) a con man who only wanted Moll's money.
(c) a bigamist.
(d) rake, shopkeeper and beggar all in one.
2. Who does Moll meet at Bath?
(a) a gentleman down from London.
(b) an other draper.
(c) a handsome rogue.
(d) an old friend from the Mint.
3. What does the gentleman at Bath give Moll?
(a) a cheque for £1,000.
(b) a small drawer full of gold coins.
(c) a diamond ring.
(d) a letter of credit.
4. What is the assumption left up to the reader in the Preface?
(a) Whether the story takes place in England or America.
(b) Whether Moll Flanders is good or bad.
(c) Whether the story is true or fiction.
(d) Whether the narrator is Moll or not.
5. What does Moll say marriages are the consequences of in the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sister tell her older brother about having money but not great beauty when looking for a husband?
2. Other people call Moll a handsome woman. What does she say about that?
3. Where does Moll learn that men find a mistress sometimes, but very rarely look for a wife?
4. What happens with the younger brother?
5. What does Moll discover about her husband in Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the child after it is born?
2. Listening to her mother-in-law, what does Moll suddenly realize?
3. Who takes Moll in after the death of the Nurse?
4. Describe how Moll and James part.
5. As a child what does Moll want that amuses the Mayor's wife and her Nurse?
6. What kind of reputation does Moll earn from the underground, criminal community?
7. What happens to Moll after her husband dies?
8. Why does Moll not make a play for the banker?
9. Why is Moll so popular up north?
10. What is Moll's experience with her second husband?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)