|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the gentleman at Bath?
(a) he is visited by his wife.
(b) he is arrested for theft.
(c) he becomes ill.
(d) he leaves in the middle of the night.
2. What is Moll looking for after the death of her first husband?
(a) a rich man to adopt her.
(b) a rich man to rob.
(c) a rich man to marry.
(d) a rich man to make her his mistress.
3. What has Moll heard about the gentleman she is considering marriage to?
(a) that he buys and sells slaves.
(b) that he has a plantation in Virginia.
(c) that he owns a mill in Ireland.
(d) that he is wanted by the police.
4. Why does Mrs. Mayoress say Moll may become a gentlewoman for all they know?
(a) she has a gentlewoman's hands.
(b) she speaks with proper English.
(c) she is very lovely.
(d) she has a gentlewoman's air about her.
5. How does the landlady help out when Moll becomes pregnant?
(a) bribing the parish officials.
(b) arranging an abortion.
(c) arranging a family to adopt the child.
(d) vouches that Moll is married to a worthy gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the younger brother protest about with his sister?
2. Where is Moll born?
3. What does the narrator say the problem is with writing such a story of three decades of crime?
4. Where does Moll go to dress in back as a widow and call herself Mrs. Flanders?
5. Moving in with a friend, what does Moll come to be called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moll know about her mother?
2. What does the editor claim about Moll's new life in the American colonies?
3. As the story opens, why does the writer not reveal her real name?
4. What does Moll learn about the Men who visit Bath during the summer season?
5. What is the complication that arises in the new family where Moll lives?
6. Listening to her mother-in-law, what does Moll suddenly realize?
7. How does Moll protest the older brother's suggestion?
8. What happens to Moll after her husband dies?
9. How does Moll marry for the third time?
10. As a child what does Moll want that amuses the Mayor's wife and her Nurse?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)