|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moll want to become?
(a) a singer.
(b) a wife and mother.
(c) a dancer.
(d) a gentlewoman.
2. How does the landlady help out when Moll becomes pregnant?
(a) arranging a family to adopt the child.
(b) arranging an abortion.
(c) bribing the parish officials.
(d) vouches that Moll is married to a worthy gentleman.
3. What does Moll, called Mrs. Betty, do better than the daughters of the new family?
(a) speak German.
4. What does Moll tell her suitor that he does not apparently believe?
(a) that she is poor.
(b) that she is married already.
(c) that she has six children.
(d) that she demands a diamond ring.
5. What alteration does the narrator say has been made to the story?
(a) more historical references.
(b) more graphic detail.
(c) more stress on the law.
(d) more modest words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the younger brother?
2. What does the sister tell her brother now recommends a woman to a gentleman?
3. Where does Moll learn that men find a mistress sometimes, but very rarely look for a wife?
4. What does Moll say that women of her time had lost?
5. What is Moll's first recollection?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moll marry for the third time?
2. What happens to Moll after her husband dies?
3. What solution do Moll and her husband-brother come up with to resolve the situation?
4. What does the editor claim about Moll's new life in the American colonies?
5. What is the purpose of the preface to Moll Flanders?
6. Who takes Moll in after the death of the Nurse?
7. What does Moll know about her mother?
8. How does Moll protest the older brother's suggestion?
9. What is the final payoff and the conditions to Moll to release the gentleman to whom she had been mistress?
10. What happens when Moll is only 14-years-old?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)