|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare his novel?
(a) to religious pamphlets.
(b) to school lessons.
(c) to narrative poems.
(d) to plays written for the stage.
2. What happens with the younger brother?
(a) he blackmails Mrs. Betty and his brother.
(b) he falls truly in love with Mrs. Betty.
(c) he wants Betty for a mistress.
(d) he spies of Betty when she leaves the house.
3. After the gentleman lover nearly dies, what happens to him?
(a) he is struck by remorse.
(b) he vows to find a new lover.
(c) he goes to France.
(d) he loses him membory of Moll.
4. What is Moll's first recollection?
(a) being among the gypsies.
(b) leaving Newgate prison.
(c) being hungry on the street.
(d) learning how to sew.
5. What can Moll not consider doing?
(a) running away from both brothers.
(b) marry for money.
(c) marry one brother and be the mistress of the other.
(d) marry a man she does not love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows the other brother's intentions that Moll does not understand?
2. How do Moll and the young woman next door get even with the young captain?
3. What does the narrator hope the reader will be more pleased with?
4. How does Moll talk about their next encounter?
5. When Moll's resolution breaks and she gives him permission to make love to her, how does she classify herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What passes through Moll's head as she marries the banker?
2. How does the governess try to prepare Moll for hanging?
3. How does Moll return to James?
4. Why does Moll stop stealing for a while?
5. Describe how Moll and James part.
6. How does the gentleman react when he learns of Moll's pregnancy?
7. Why does Moll put off the younger brother's proposal of marriage?
8. What excuse does the older brother give for not marrying Moll right away?
9. Why does Moll not make a play for the banker?
10. What solution do Moll and her husband-brother come up with to resolve the situation?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)