|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader to expect in the story?
(a) sudden surprises of every sort.
(b) sudden shifts of the story line.
(c) sudden lapses in Mill's memory.
(d) sudden changes in location.
2. How does Moll compare herself to the gentleman at Bath?
(a) that she is more wicked.
(b) that she is more helpless.
(c) that she is more innocent.
(d) that she is more noble.
3. What does Moll finally find?
(a) a tradesman who is handsome but poor.
(b) a gentleman tradesman.
(c) a titled gentleman.
(d) a tradesman who is crude but rich.
4. What does the narrator say about the final scene in the story?
(a) it is Moll's best writing.
(b) it is still an unfinished work.
(c) it is not written by Moll herself.
(d) it makes the reader shed tears.
5. What is Moll's first recollection?
(a) leaving Newgate prison.
(b) being among the gypsies.
(c) learning how to sew.
(d) being hungry on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moll say she and the older brother behaved in the house of an acquaintance when they were alone?
2. After her son is born, where does the gentleman arrange apartments for Moll?
3. What does Mrs. Betty (aka Moll) know that makes her vain?
4. What shows the other brother's intentions that Moll does not understand?
5. What does Moll receive at the second home where she is kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes Moll in after the death of the Nurse?
2. What happens to Moll after her husband dies?
3. What are the stories her mother-in-law tells that eventually reveal she was herself transported from Newgate prison to America?
4. As a child what does Moll want that amuses the Mayor's wife and her Nurse?
5. What happens to Moll's heart when the older brother takes an interest in her?
6. How does Moll marry for the third time?
7. What is Moll's life like at first in Virginia?
8. Listening to her mother-in-law, what does Moll suddenly realize?
9. What is the final payoff and the conditions to Moll to release the gentleman to whom she had been mistress?
10. How does the gentleman react when he learns of Moll's pregnancy?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)