|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Moll not consider doing?
(a) marry for money.
(b) marry one brother and be the mistress of the other.
(c) running away from both brothers.
(d) marry a man she does not love.
2. When Moll's resolution breaks and she gives him permission to make love to her, how does she classify herself?
(a) as an innocent.
(b) as a defiled woman.
(c) as a fiancée.
(d) as a whore.
3. Who presses Betty to marry the younger brother?
(a) his sisters.
(b) the older brother.
(c) the parish priest.
(d) his mother.
4. What does Moll agree to do for the gentleman during his sickness?
(a) let him see her body.
(b) sleep with him on condition of no touching.
(c) give him his dialy bath.
(d) sleep in a chair by his bed.
5. What shows the other brother's intentions that Moll does not understand?
(a) he takes her out of the house.
(b) he kisses her and runs away.
(c) he gives her money.
(d) he proposes marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Moll when she is taken in by a kind woman?
2. Where does Moll learn that men find a mistress sometimes, but very rarely look for a wife?
3. How does the landlady help out when Moll becomes pregnant?
4. How does the captain's lady help repay Moll for her services?
5. Who does Moll meet at Bath?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the gentleman react when he learns of Moll's pregnancy?
2. What are the stories her mother-in-law tells that eventually reveal she was herself transported from Newgate prison to America?
3. What happens to Moll after her husband dies?
4. How does the novel begin?
5. How does Moll protest the older brother's suggestion?
6. What does Moll know about her mother?
7. What is the complication that arises in the new family where Moll lives?
8. Listening to her mother-in-law, what does Moll suddenly realize?
9. How does Moll marry for the third time?
10. After some repentance for their sleeping together, what do Moll and the gentleman do?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)