|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the banker promise Moll?
(a) to help her triple her money.
(b) to pay her well for occasional sex.
(c) not to offer her money to be his mistress.
(d) not to talk more until he has a divorce.
2. Why does Moll cease to fear witnesses against her?
(a) no one knows her face.
(b) she works in several disguises.
(c) they are all hanged or transported.
(d) she knows too much about them.
3. How is Moll married to the Irishman?
(a) in a Druid ceremony.
(b) in the Church of England.
(c) in a Roman Catholic ceremony.
(d) by a Magistrate.
4. What does Moll confess to the banker?
(a) that she fell in love with him at the bank.
(b) that she trusted him but that was all.
(c) that she had no romantic ideas about him.
(d) that she had thought he was single.
5. Why do people suggest that Moll move out of St. John's Street?
(a) people think she is a whore.
(b) she is obviously pregnant with no husband.
(c) she needs to go to a hsopital.
(d) someone recognises her.
6. What happens to a woman caught with goods Moll had stolen?
(a) she is taken to Newgate.
(b) she tells on Moll.
(c) she kicks a policeman.
(d) she has a heart attack and dies.
7. What effect does Moll's brushes with the law have on her activities?
(a) she takes a year off so that her face will be forgotten.
(b) she starts working with a partner.
(c) she becomes overconfident and continues her business.
(d) she becomes truly repentant and stops.
8. Who does Moll meet to help her with her money?
(a) a banker.
(b) a solicitor.
(c) a merchant.
(d) a doctor.
9. Who does the governess introduce Moll to who can help her learn the art of thieving?
(a) a magician.
(b) a professional pickpocket.
(c) a house robber.
(d) a schoolmistress.
10. Why does Moll put off the banker who now has a divorce?
(a) she is not sure she wants to marry again.
(b) she has to divorce her husband.
(c) she wants to be sure he has the divorce.
(d) she is pregnant again.
11. What happens to the sliver brought to the pawnbroker?
(a) it is melted down.
(b) it is sold back to the people it was stolen from.
(c) it is sold to collectors.
(d) it is smuggled to France.
12. What does Moll say allowed the devil to push her into crime?
(a) the plight of poverty.
(b) the challenge to the police.
(c) the thrill of the hunt.
(d) the influence of her missing husband.
13. When Moll is well enough to go to Mrs. B's house, how is she surprised?
(a) by its value.
(b) by its comfort and cleanliness.
(c) by its small rooms.
(d) by its seculsion.
14. What is the location when Moll is finally caught red handed?
(a) a roadhouse.
(b) a silversmith's shop.
(c) a drapers.
(d) a private house.
15. What is Moll tempted to do that frightens her?
(a) she is tempted to steal the girl.
(b) she is tempted to turn herself in.
(c) she is tempted to murder the girl.
(d) she is tempted to look for more children to rob.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the banker say his wife is a whore?
2. What does the governess manage for Moll's son?
3. What happens at the Barnet Stage?
4. What hardens Moll's heart to become a professional thief?
5. How does the governess get money from the baronet?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)