|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Moll is well enough to go to Mrs. B's house, how is she surprised?
(a) by its value.
(b) by its comfort and cleanliness.
(c) by its small rooms.
(d) by its seculsion.
2. What is the governess' new business?
(b) tax collector.
(c) drug dealer.
3. How is Moll married to the Irishman?
(a) in a Druid ceremony.
(b) by a Magistrate.
(c) in a Roman Catholic ceremony.
(d) in the Church of England.
4. What does Moll manage to get from an ale house?
(a) a lady's purse.
(b) a set of silver spoons.
(c) a silver tankard.
(d) a man's wallet.
5. What does Moll learn about her banker?
(a) he has no money himself.
(b) he has a wife.
(c) he is a confirmed bachelor.
(d) he wants a mistress.
6. What does Moll say a woman is like when she is left desolate?
(a) like a ship sinking in the ocean.
(b) like a child without parents.
(c) like a fish out of water.
(d) like a bag of money dopped on the street.
7. What happens to the sliver brought to the pawnbroker?
(a) it is smuggled to France.
(b) it is sold back to the people it was stolen from.
(c) it is melted down.
(d) it is sold to collectors.
8. Why does Moll not allow the maid Mrs. B sends to stay overnight?
(a) she fears she will hear her talk in her sleep.
(b) she fears she is a thief.
(c) she thinks the girl is adled.
(d) she fears she will be murdered in her sleep.
9. What effect does the movement of the prisoners to the gallows have on Moll?
(a) she has a moment of great relief.
(b) she laughs at the misfortune she has avoided.
(c) she has a fit of crying.
(d) she feels superior once again.
10. What does Moll say the passing jade thinks of?
(a) a chance to marry.
(b) not the man but the money.
(c) having many babies.
(d) a love of their own.
11. Who does Moll meet to help her with her money?
(a) a doctor.
(b) a banker.
(c) a merchant.
(d) a solicitor.
12. What happens to a woman caught with goods Moll had stolen?
(a) she is taken to Newgate.
(b) she kicks a policeman.
(c) she tells on Moll.
(d) she has a heart attack and dies.
13. How does the governess say the baronet explained his condition to his wife?
(a) he got drunk and was robbed.
(b) he was in a fire.
(c) he lost everything at gambling.
(d) he fell into the Thames.
14. What hardens Moll's heart to become a professional thief?
(a) the joy of having a profession.
(b) hoping to find her highwayman husband.
(c) fear of going hungry.
(d) the thrill of not getting caught.
15. What do Moll and her Lancashire husband discover about each other?
(a) they both have money.
(b) they are both broke.
(c) they know the same people.
(d) they no longer love each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. After moving back with the governess, what work does Mill do?
2. What does Moll admit to the lady who comes to help her?
3. Who does the wealthy man Moll robs in a coach turn out to be?
4. What happens to save Moll?
5. What privilege do Moll and her husband get while anchored at Ireland?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)