|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to save Moll?
(a) she buys her way out of prison.
(b) she agrees to go to France and never return to England.
(c) she is sentenced to being transported instead of death.
(d) she manages a great escape from Newgate.
2. When a woman friend of Moll's wants her to meet her brother, what does the man want?
(a) a mistress.
(b) a nanny for his children.
(c) her money.
(d) a maid.
3. What is in the letter Moll receives after the baby is born?
(a) a note from her husband.
(b) a bill for her banker's services.
(c) a request for a visit by her banker friend.
(d) a newspaper clipping about her husband.
4. How old does she now admit to being?
5. How does Mill say she came out of the charge of robbing the silversmith?
(a) with her will to stop thieving.
(b) with shame and disgrace.
(c) with fear and trepidation.
(d) with flying colors.
6. What does Mrs. B give to the parish officials?
(a) security that the women who come to her are married.
(b) money to keep them quiet.
(c) weekly donations of food.
(d) information on the missing husbands.
7. What does Moll say about her delivery?
(a) the baby is still born.
(b) it was expert and better than a mother's help.
(c) it nearly kills her.
(d) she learns she has twin girls.
8. What happens to Moll in her widow's dress outside a shop?
(a) she waits for the right moment to enter.
(b) she faints and is carried into the shop.
(c) she is accused of stealing from the shop.
(d) she witnesses another thief at work.
9. Before they depart for Ireland, what does Moll's new husband ask her?
(a) if she wants a large family.
(b) if she will wait for him in West chester.
(c) if she has affairs to finish in London.
(d) if she has brought any money with her.
10. What does Moll manage to get from an ale house?
(a) a lady's purse.
(b) a man's wallet.
(c) a silver tankard.
(d) a set of silver spoons.
11. When Moll is well enough to go to Mrs. B's house, how is she surprised?
(a) by its seculsion.
(b) by its value.
(c) by its small rooms.
(d) by its comfort and cleanliness.
12. How does Moll steal two rings she sees through a house window?
(a) she raises the window and takes the rings.
(b) she enters the house and takes the rings.
(c) she breaks the glass and takes the rings.
(d) she sends a child inside to get the rings.
13. Why do people suggest that Moll move out of St. John's Street?
(a) she is obviously pregnant with no husband.
(b) someone recognises her.
(c) she needs to go to a hsopital.
(d) people think she is a whore.
14. How does Moll take advantage of the fop who took her to bed one evening?
(a) she accuses him of raping her.
(b) she gets him to fall asleep and takes everything he has.
(c) she charges him a large sum to keep quiet.
(d) she blackmails him.
15. Who does the landlady send for to assist Moll?
(a) a midwife.
(b) a banker.
(c) a doctor.
(d) a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the banker say about himself and his wife?
2. Why does Moll not relate all the adventures of her Lancashire husband?
3. What do they call Mrs. B in her house?
4. After moving back with the governess, what work does Mill do?
5. What does the governess manage for Moll's son?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)