|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Moll swept off her feet by an Irishman?
(a) by his appearance of great wealth.
(b) by his gifts of jewels.
(c) by his rakish good looks.
(d) by his smooth tongue.
2. What does Moll learn about her banker?
(a) he is a confirmed bachelor.
(b) he has no money himself.
(c) he wants a mistress.
(d) he has a wife.
3. What does Moll say the passing jade thinks of?
(a) a love of their own.
(b) having many babies.
(c) a chance to marry.
(d) not the man but the money.
4. Who does the governess introduce Moll to who can help her learn the art of thieving?
(a) a magician.
(b) a schoolmistress.
(c) a house robber.
(d) a professional pickpocket.
5. What does she say he is probably most worried about now?
(a) that Moll will find him again.
(b) that someone saw what actually happened.
(c) that he might have the pox.
(d) that his wife will believe his story.
6. What reception does Moll get from the inmates at Newgate?
(a) they gloated over her capture.
(b) they ignored her.
(c) they all wanted to meet her.
(d) they sympathized with her.
7. What happens to the governess to reduce her fortune?
(a) she has a long illness.
(b) she is disowned by the parish.
(c) she has spent time in Newgate.
(d) she is charged with stealing a child.
8. How much does Mrs. B say Moll's lying in will cost?
9. How does Moll steal two rings she sees through a house window?
(a) she sends a child inside to get the rings.
(b) she breaks the glass and takes the rings.
(c) she raises the window and takes the rings.
(d) she enters the house and takes the rings.
10. How does Moll take advantage of the fop who took her to bed one evening?
(a) she accuses him of raping her.
(b) she blackmails him.
(c) she gets him to fall asleep and takes everything he has.
(d) she charges him a large sum to keep quiet.
11. Who tries to help Moll get released from Newgate?
(a) the governess.
(b) her husband.
(c) her banker.
(d) the attorney.
12. What is the governess turned pawnbroker actually doing?
(a) teaching women how to shoplift.
(b) robbing from the rich to give to the poor.
(c) heading up a theft ring.
(d) fencing stolen goods.
13. Why does Moll not allow the maid Mrs. B sends to stay overnight?
(a) she fears she is a thief.
(b) she thinks the girl is adled.
(c) she fears she will hear her talk in her sleep.
(d) she fears she will be murdered in her sleep.
14. Why does Moll put off the banker who now has a divorce?
(a) she is not sure she wants to marry again.
(b) she wants to be sure he has the divorce.
(c) she has to divorce her husband.
(d) she is pregnant again.
15. Why does Moll cease to fear witnesses against her?
(a) they are all hanged or transported.
(b) she knows too much about them.
(c) no one knows her face.
(d) she works in several disguises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the landlady not offer the same help that Mrs. B offers?
2. What is the location when Moll is finally caught red handed?
3. How does the banker say his wife is a whore?
4. How long is Moll married to the banker before he dies?
5. After moving back with the governess, what work does Mill do?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)