|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moll learn about her banker?
(a) he has a wife.
(b) he is a confirmed bachelor.
(c) he wants a mistress.
(d) he has no money himself.
2. What does she say he is probably most worried about now?
(a) that his wife will believe his story.
(b) that he might have the pox.
(c) that someone saw what actually happened.
(d) that Moll will find him again.
3. What do they call Mrs. B in her house?
4. Why does Mrs. B not abort Moll's pregnancy?
(a) her religion does not allow it.
(b) Moll wants to keep the baby.
(c) she is too far along.
(d) she has a buyer for Moll's child.
5. What does Mrs. B say she does for the newborns?
(a) kills them humanely.
(b) pays for their education.
(c) saves their lives.
(d) finds them good homes.
6. What does the governess manage for Moll's son?
(a) a good nurse that is not very expenisve.
(b) an adoption by a childless couple.
(c) a place in an orphanage.
(d) a shelter in a convent.
7. How does Mill say she came out of the charge of robbing the silversmith?
(a) with flying colors.
(b) with fear and trepidation.
(c) with her will to stop thieving.
(d) with shame and disgrace.
8. When a woman friend of Moll's wants her to meet her brother, what does the man want?
(a) a maid.
(b) a mistress.
(c) a nanny for his children.
(d) her money.
9. What does the banker say about himself and his wife?
(a) he is a cuckold and she is a whore.
(b) he is young and she is old.
(c) he is alone and she is in an asylum.
(d) he is unhappy and she is living a high life.
10. What happens to the governess to reduce her fortune?
(a) she has spent time in Newgate.
(b) she is charged with stealing a child.
(c) she has a long illness.
(d) she is disowned by the parish.
11. What happens to a woman caught with goods Moll had stolen?
(a) she kicks a policeman.
(b) she tells on Moll.
(c) she has a heart attack and dies.
(d) she is taken to Newgate.
12. What is Moll's first theft?
(a) the wallet of an old man asleep on a park bench.
(b) money left lying on a counter.
(c) a watch on the belt of an old lady.
(d) an unwatched parcel in an apothecary shop.
13. What happens to the sliver brought to the pawnbroker?
(a) it is smuggled to France.
(b) it is sold back to the people it was stolen from.
(c) it is melted down.
(d) it is sold to collectors.
14. What happens to save Moll?
(a) she buys her way out of prison.
(b) she is sentenced to being transported instead of death.
(c) she manages a great escape from Newgate.
(d) she agrees to go to France and never return to England.
15. What is in the letter Moll receives after the baby is born?
(a) a note from her husband.
(b) a request for a visit by her banker friend.
(c) a bill for her banker's services.
(d) a newspaper clipping about her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does she now admit to being?
2. Who does the governess introduce Moll to who can help her learn the art of thieving?
3. After moving back with the governess, what work does Mill do?
4. What does Moll say the passing jade thinks of?
5. What happens to Mill in the silversmith's shop?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)