|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Moll meet to help her with her money?
(a) a banker.
(b) a doctor.
(c) a solicitor.
(d) a merchant.
2. Why does Moll cease to fear witnesses against her?
(a) she knows too much about them.
(b) she works in several disguises.
(c) they are all hanged or transported.
(d) no one knows her face.
3. How old does she now admit to being?
4. What happens to the governess to reduce her fortune?
(a) she is disowned by the parish.
(b) she is charged with stealing a child.
(c) she has a long illness.
(d) she has spent time in Newgate.
5. What does the banker say about himself and his wife?
(a) he is unhappy and she is living a high life.
(b) he is young and she is old.
(c) he is alone and she is in an asylum.
(d) he is a cuckold and she is a whore.
6. Who tries to help Moll get released from Newgate?
(a) the governess.
(b) her husband.
(c) her banker.
(d) the attorney.
7. Who does Moll say put evil ideas into her head?
(a) her highwayman husband.
(b) the police.
(c) the devil.
(d) her governess.
8. Who does the wealthy man Moll robs in a coach turn out to be?
(a) a cousin of the king.
(b) a royal prince.
(c) a baronet from a good family.
(d) a pirate leading a double life.
9. What do they call Mrs. B in her house?
10. What does Moll admit to the lady who comes to help her?
(a) that she does not want the child.
(b) that she has a husband.
(c) that she has a lot of money.
(d) that she is not married.
11. What does Mrs. B give to the parish officials?
(a) weekly donations of food.
(b) money to keep them quiet.
(c) information on the missing husbands.
(d) security that the women who come to her are married.
12. What does Moll say the passing jade thinks of?
(a) a love of their own.
(b) a chance to marry.
(c) not the man but the money.
(d) having many babies.
13. How is Moll married to the Irishman?
(a) in the Church of England.
(b) in a Druid ceremony.
(c) by a Magistrate.
(d) in a Roman Catholic ceremony.
14. What privilege do Moll and her husband get while anchored at Ireland?
(a) staying on deck.
(b) going ashore to buy provisions.
(c) dining with the captain.
(d) sending letters to friends in England.
15. What does Moll say is worse than being in want?
(a) being old.
(b) being helpless.
(c) being in prison.
(d) being friendless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location when Moll is finally caught red handed?
2. Why does Moll say she continues to steal?
3. What does the governess manage for Moll's son?
4. What is in the letter Moll receives after the baby is born?
5. How long is Moll married to the banker before he dies?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)