|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. B not abort Moll's pregnancy?
(a) she has a buyer for Moll's child.
(b) she is too far along.
(c) her religion does not allow it.
(d) Moll wants to keep the baby.
2. What does Moll manage to get from an ale house?
(a) a lady's purse.
(b) a man's wallet.
(c) a silver tankard.
(d) a set of silver spoons.
3. Who does Moll say put evil ideas into her head?
(a) the police.
(b) the devil.
(c) her highwayman husband.
(d) her governess.
4. What is Moll's first theft?
(a) the wallet of an old man asleep on a park bench.
(b) money left lying on a counter.
(c) an unwatched parcel in an apothecary shop.
(d) a watch on the belt of an old lady.
5. What reception does Moll get from the inmates at Newgate?
(a) they all wanted to meet her.
(b) they sympathized with her.
(c) they gloated over her capture.
(d) they ignored her.
6. What does Moll say the passing jade thinks of?
(a) a chance to marry.
(b) a love of their own.
(c) having many babies.
(d) not the man but the money.
7. What does Moll confess to the banker?
(a) that she trusted him but that was all.
(b) that she had no romantic ideas about him.
(c) that she had thought he was single.
(d) that she fell in love with him at the bank.
8. When Moll is well enough to go to Mrs. B's house, how is she surprised?
(a) by its value.
(b) by its comfort and cleanliness.
(c) by its small rooms.
(d) by its seculsion.
9. What do they call Mrs. B in her house?
10. Who does the governess introduce Moll to who can help her learn the art of thieving?
(a) a schoolmistress.
(b) a professional pickpocket.
(c) a house robber.
(d) a magician.
11. Who does Moll get to visit in Newgate?
(a) her old partner in crime.
(b) an accused assassin.
(c) her son Jemmy.
(d) her Lancashire husband.
12. What privilege do Moll and her husband get while anchored at Ireland?
(a) dining with the captain.
(b) staying on deck.
(c) sending letters to friends in England.
(d) going ashore to buy provisions.
13. When a woman friend of Moll's wants her to meet her brother, what does the man want?
(a) a mistress.
(b) a maid.
(c) a nanny for his children.
(d) her money.
14. How does Moll steal two rings she sees through a house window?
(a) she raises the window and takes the rings.
(b) she breaks the glass and takes the rings.
(c) she sends a child inside to get the rings.
(d) she enters the house and takes the rings.
15. What hardens Moll's heart to become a professional thief?
(a) the thrill of not getting caught.
(b) fear of going hungry.
(c) hoping to find her highwayman husband.
(d) the joy of having a profession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll say a woman is like when she is left desolate?
2. What does Moll admit to the lady who comes to help her?
3. What is the banker's house like?
4. What is the location when Moll is finally caught red handed?
5. Why does Moll put off the banker who now has a divorce?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)