|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
(a) he deserts her.
(b) he beats her.
(c) he laughs and says it is no important.
(d) he gives her £1500.
2. What does Moll manage to get from an ale house?
(a) a lady's purse.
(b) a man's wallet.
(c) a set of silver spoons.
(d) a silver tankard.
3. How does Moll begin looking at the banker's house?
(a) as if she could improve on it.
(b) as a place she likes to visit.
(c) as a problem she must solve.
(d) as if it were her own.
4. Why does the landlady not offer the same help that Mrs. B offers?
(a) she does not have enough room.
(b) she lacks education.
(c) she cannot secure the parish.
(d) she is not a midwife.
5. What does Moll say a woman is like when she is left desolate?
(a) like a fish out of water.
(b) like a child without parents.
(c) like a bag of money dopped on the street.
(d) like a ship sinking in the ocean.
6. What do Moll and her Lancashire husband discover about each other?
(a) they both have money.
(b) they know the same people.
(c) they no longer love each other.
(d) they are both broke.
7. Before they depart for Ireland, what does Moll's new husband ask her?
(a) if she has brought any money with her.
(b) if she has affairs to finish in London.
(c) if she will wait for him in West chester.
(d) if she wants a large family.
8. What does Mrs. B do with unwanted children?
(a) pays to have them taken away.
(b) smothers them at birth.
(c) throws them into the river.
(d) sells them to gypsies.
9. How is Moll swept off her feet by an Irishman?
(a) by his appearance of great wealth.
(b) by his rakish good looks.
(c) by his smooth tongue.
(d) by his gifts of jewels.
10. What happens to a woman caught with goods Moll had stolen?
(a) she has a heart attack and dies.
(b) she kicks a policeman.
(c) she is taken to Newgate.
(d) she tells on Moll.
11. Why does Moll not relate all the adventures of her Lancashire husband?
(a) she cannot know them all.
(b) it is her story, not his.
(c) she does not believe them all.
(d) she means to write another book.
12. After her Bath lover deserts her, what does Moll have?
(a) a sick baby and no money.
(b) above £450 and her possessions.
(c) bills in excess of £450.
(d) her apartment for one more month.
13. What is wrong with Moll's prayers?
(a) she has never prayed before.
(b) she thinks God cannot hear her.
(c) she never sees herself as a sinner.
(d) she has forgotten how to pray.
14. What does she say he is probably most worried about now?
(a) that his wife will believe his story.
(b) that he might have the pox.
(c) that someone saw what actually happened.
(d) that Moll will find him again.
15. How does Mill say she came out of the charge of robbing the silversmith?
(a) with fear and trepidation.
(b) with her will to stop thieving.
(c) with shame and disgrace.
(d) with flying colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the banker say his wife is a whore?
2. Why does Moll reproach herself after getting caught with the brocade silk?
3. Why does Moll put off the banker who now has a divorce?
4. Why does Mrs. B not abort Moll's pregnancy?
5. Who tries to help Moll get released from Newgate?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)