|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What privilege do Moll and her husband get while anchored at Ireland?
(a) dining with the captain.
(b) going ashore to buy provisions.
(c) staying on deck.
(d) sending letters to friends in England.
2. What do they call Mrs. B in her house?
3. What is in the letter Moll receives after the baby is born?
(a) a note from her husband.
(b) a bill for her banker's services.
(c) a request for a visit by her banker friend.
(d) a newspaper clipping about her husband.
4. Why does Moll cease to fear witnesses against her?
(a) no one knows her face.
(b) they are all hanged or transported.
(c) she works in several disguises.
(d) she knows too much about them.
5. After her Bath lover deserts her, what does Moll have?
(a) a sick baby and no money.
(b) her apartment for one more month.
(c) above £450 and her possessions.
(d) bills in excess of £450.
6. What is the location when Moll is finally caught red handed?
(a) a private house.
(b) a silversmith's shop.
(c) a roadhouse.
(d) a drapers.
7. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
(a) he deserts her.
(b) he beats her.
(c) he laughs and says it is no important.
(d) he gives her £1500.
8. What does Moll steal from a child?
(a) a small gold necklace.
(b) a bag she is carrying for her mother.
(c) a bag containing a few coins.
(d) her shoes.
9. What happens to a woman caught with goods Moll had stolen?
(a) she has a heart attack and dies.
(b) she kicks a policeman.
(c) she tells on Moll.
(d) she is taken to Newgate.
10. What happens at the Barnet Stage?
(a) Moll goes to Glasgow.
(b) Moll fakes an accident and demands compensation.
(c) Moll takes a woman's watch from her belt.
(d) Moll steals a bundle from a girl with a baby.
11. Who does the wealthy man Moll robs in a coach turn out to be?
(a) a baronet from a good family.
(b) a pirate leading a double life.
(c) a royal prince.
(d) a cousin of the king.
12. Why does the landlady not offer the same help that Mrs. B offers?
(a) she is not a midwife.
(b) she cannot secure the parish.
(c) she lacks education.
(d) she does not have enough room.
13. What hardens Moll's heart to become a professional thief?
(a) fear of going hungry.
(b) the thrill of not getting caught.
(c) hoping to find her highwayman husband.
(d) the joy of having a profession.
14. What does Mrs. B give to the parish officials?
(a) security that the women who come to her are married.
(b) information on the missing husbands.
(c) weekly donations of food.
(d) money to keep them quiet.
15. What does Moll say the passing jade thinks of?
(a) not the man but the money.
(b) a love of their own.
(c) a chance to marry.
(d) having many babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Moll's first theft?
2. What does Moll admit to the lady who comes to help her?
3. How is Moll swept off her feet by an Irishman?
4. Who does Moll say put evil ideas into her head?
5. How old does she now admit to being?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)