1. What is the assumption left up to the reader in the Preface?
Whether the story is true or fiction.
2. Who is assumed to be the narrator of the story?
3. What alteration does the narrator say has been made to the story?
more modest words.
4. What does the narrator say has been left out of the story?
some of the more vicious parts.
5. What does the narrator tell the reader to expect in the story?
sudden surprises of every sort.
This section contains 5,678 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)