|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 250-271:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does her tradesman turn out to be?
(a) rake, shopkeeper and beggar all in one.
(b) a hardened criminal .
(c) a bigamist.
(d) a con man who only wanted Moll's money.
2. Why does Moll say she continues to steal?
(a) she has nothing better to do.
(b) it keeps her from being bored.
(c) she is in the power of the devil.
(d) if she stops others will turn her in to the police.
3. How does the governess get money from the baronet?
(a) by extortion.
(b) by begging.
(c) by returning his possessions.
(d) by picking his pocket.
4. What happens to a woman caught with goods Moll had stolen?
(a) she tells on Moll.
(b) she has a heart attack and dies.
(c) she is taken to Newgate.
(d) she kicks a policeman.
5. What is the governess turned pawnbroker actually doing?
(a) fencing stolen goods.
(b) robbing from the rich to give to the poor.
(c) teaching women how to shoplift.
(d) heading up a theft ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll admit to the lady who comes to help her?
2. How is Moll married to the Irishman?
3. What does the gentleman at Bath give Moll?
4. What is Moll's first theft?
5. What does Moll learn about the gossip in Virginia?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)