|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 174-212:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mill say she came out of the charge of robbing the silversmith?
(a) with her will to stop thieving.
(b) with fear and trepidation.
(c) with flying colors.
(d) with shame and disgrace.
2. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
(a) he laughs and says it is no important.
(b) he beats her.
(c) he gives her £1500.
(d) he deserts her.
3. What does Moll admit to the lady who comes to help her?
(a) that she has a husband.
(b) that she is not married.
(c) that she has a lot of money.
(d) that she does not want the child.
4. Why does Moll say she continues to steal?
(a) she has nothing better to do.
(b) she is in the power of the devil.
(c) if she stops others will turn her in to the police.
(d) it keeps her from being bored.
5. What does Moll say the passing jade thinks of?
(a) a love of their own.
(b) having many babies.
(c) not the man but the money.
(d) a chance to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll say that women of her time had lost?
2. Why does Moll cease to fear witnesses against her?
3. How does the landlady help out when Moll becomes pregnant?
4. What does Moll, called Mrs. Betty, do better than the daughters of the new family?
5. Who does Moll say put evil ideas into her head?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)