|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 83-99:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moll tell her suitor that he does not apparently believe?
(a) that she demands a diamond ring.
(b) that she is married already.
(c) that she has six children.
(d) that she is poor.
2. Why does the narrator say that the ugly and wicked part of a person's life must be presented?
(a) to warn people about living such a life.
(b) to show the beauty of penitence may be appreciated.
(c) to show the reasons penitence is needed.
(d) to make the story more interesting to readers.
3. What can Moll not consider doing?
(a) marry one brother and be the mistress of the other.
(b) marry a man she does not love.
(c) running away from both brothers.
(d) marry for money.
4. What does the sister tell her older brother about having money but not great beauty when looking for a husband?
(a) her money is invested well.
(b) the first will do without the last.
(c) with money she can buy beauty.
(d) a beautiful girl cannot buy money.
5. Why does Mrs. Mayoress come to the school?
(a) to find a new slave.
(b) to have some garments mended.
(c) to order a new dress.
(d) to look for the little gentlewoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age do the magistrates declare that Moll should go into service?
2. What do the ladies of the town do for Moll?
3. How does the landlady get the gentleman to offer money to Moll?
4. What does the new mistress lack that the former one had?
5. How does the landlady help out when Moll becomes pregnant?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)