|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 83-99:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the landlady get the gentleman to offer money to Moll?
(a) by saying that Moll doubts that he has money.
(b) by raising his rent at her house.
(c) by asking him for money to give to Moll.
(d) by telling a lie about her lost shpment.
2. What does Moll want to become?
(a) a wife and mother.
(b) a dancer.
(c) a singer.
(d) a gentlewoman.
3. What does the younger brother retort to his sister's talk about money?
(a) a beautiful maid will sometimes ride a carriage before her mistress.
(b) a beautiful maid is often taken by a wealthy friend.
(c) a beautiful gets money in the form of gifts.
(d) an ugly lady with money is no prize.
4. What does Moll say that women of her time had lost?
(a) the right to become wives.
(b) the right to forego having children.
(c) the right to say No.
(d) the right to stay single.
5. What is the assumption left up to the reader in the Preface?
(a) Whether the story is true or fiction.
(b) Whether the narrator is Moll or not.
(c) Whether Moll Flanders is good or bad.
(d) Whether the story takes place in England or America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assumed to be the narrator of the story?
2. What alteration does the narrator say has been made to the story?
3. What does the narrator hope the reader will be more pleased with?
4. What can Moll not consider doing?
5. How does Moll propose to make her own living?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)