|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 47-83:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Betty (aka Moll) know that makes her vain?
(a) she had longer hair than most girls.
(b) she is a great beauty.
(c) she wears clothes well.
(d) she has superior intelligence.
2. What does the narrator insist that the characters must eventually become?
(c) real people.
(d) hardened criminals.
3. What type of instruction does the narrator say is included in the story?
(a) how to escakpe from prison.
(b) how to steal without getting caught.
(c) how to avoid thieves and pickpockets.
(d) how to tell when someone is lying.
4. What does the narrator insist is the value of the story?
(a) that it will teach child rearing to new parents.
(b) that it will put the reader to sleep.
(c) that it opens up a new kind of literature.
(d) that something just or religious may be learned.
5. Who does the young lady get to start the rumor that Moll is rich?
(a) the inn keepers in the area.
(b) the women in the shops.
(c) her young captain husband.
(d) the newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll want to become?
2. What problem does Moll have getting the money her old nurse had saved for her?
3. What does the narrator admit about the text?
4. What does Moll say marriages are the consequences of in the country?
5. Why does the narrator say that the ugly and wicked part of a person's life must be presented?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)