|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 47-83:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with the younger brother?
(a) he wants Betty for a mistress.
(b) he falls truly in love with Mrs. Betty.
(c) he spies of Betty when she leaves the house.
(d) he blackmails Mrs. Betty and his brother.
2. Why does the mistress come to talk with Moll while she sews a shirt?
(a) because she is always crying.
(b) because she is not doing a good job.
(c) because she has a new family for Moll.
(d) because she has bad news.
3. What does Moll tell her suitor that he does not apparently believe?
(a) that she demands a diamond ring.
(b) that she is poor.
(c) that she is married already.
(d) that she has six children.
4. What can Moll not consider doing?
(a) marry one brother and be the mistress of the other.
(b) marry for money.
(c) running away from both brothers.
(d) marry a man she does not love.
5. What does Moll want to become?
(a) a gentlewoman.
(b) a dancer.
(c) a wife and mother.
(d) a singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Moll have getting the money her old nurse had saved for her?
2. What does the narrator say results from any wicked action in the book?
3. What alteration does the narrator say has been made to the story?
4. What does Moll say that women of her time had lost?
5. At what age do the magistrates declare that Moll should go into service?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)