|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 47-83:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new mistress lack that the former one had?
(a) fine clothes.
2. What does the narrator say results from any wicked action in the book?
(a) an argument for clean living.
(b) an unhappy end.
(c) a lesson for the readers.
(d) a means to get away.
3. Why does the narrator say it is difficult to have a private biography taken seriously?
(a) because of being published anonymously.
(b) because of romances and novels.
(c) because of dull lives.
(d) because of lack of interest.
4. What is the assumption left up to the reader in the Preface?
(a) Whether the story takes place in England or America.
(b) Whether the narrator is Moll or not.
(c) Whether Moll Flanders is good or bad.
(d) Whether the story is true or fiction.
5. What does Mrs. Mayoress call Moll that she thinks is a bad name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator insist that the characters must eventually become?
2. Who does the young lady get to start the rumor that Moll is rich?
3. Why does Mrs. Mayoress come to the school?
4. Other people call Moll a handsome woman. What does she say about that?
5. What does the younger brother want to do?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)