|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 47-83:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the younger brother want to do?
(a) set Betty up in an apartment.
(b) sleep in Betty's bed.
(c) kill his brother.
(d) marry Betty.
2. Where does Moll go to dress in back as a widow and call herself Mrs. Flanders?
(b) the Mint.
(d) the bank.
3. What does the sister tell her older brother about having money but not great beauty when looking for a husband?
(a) the first will do without the last.
(b) a beautiful girl cannot buy money.
(c) her money is invested well.
(d) with money she can buy beauty.
4. Moving in with a friend, what does Moll come to be called?
(a) pretty widow.
(b) pretty pickpocket.
(c) pretty whore.
(d) pretty spinster.
5. What does the narrator tell the reader to expect in the story?
(a) sudden surprises of every sort.
(b) sudden changes in location.
(c) sudden lapses in Mill's memory.
(d) sudden shifts of the story line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mayoress say Moll may become a gentlewoman for all they know?
2. Why does Moll go to the aid of the young woman next door to her?
3. Where is Moll born?
4. What can Moll not consider doing?
5. What does the narrator say about Moll's being penitent?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)