|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 47-83:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Moll's first recollection?
(a) being hungry on the street.
(b) leaving Newgate prison.
(c) being among the gypsies.
(d) learning how to sew.
2. How does the captain's lady help repay Moll for her services?
(a) by helping her rumored to be a wealthy widow.
(b) by giving her some money.
(c) by making Moll her secretary.
(d) by inviting other ship's captains to her home.
3. What does the narrator insist is the value of the story?
(a) that something just or religious may be learned.
(b) that it will put the reader to sleep.
(c) that it opens up a new kind of literature.
(d) that it will teach child rearing to new parents.
4. How does Moll talk about their next encounter?
(a) she says he went farther than decency allows her to recount.
(b) she says he paid her to disrobe for him to see.
(c) she says he smuggled her into his room and locked the door.
(d) she says he gave her £1000.
5. Why does the narrator say that the ugly and wicked part of a person's life must be presented?
(a) to warn people about living such a life.
(b) to make the story more interesting to readers.
(c) to show the beauty of penitence may be appreciated.
(d) to show the reasons penitence is needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Moll's being penitent?
2. How does Moll propose to make her own living?
3. What does the new mistress lack that the former one had?
4. Why does she use the name of Moll Flanders?
5. Why does Moll go to the aid of the young woman next door to her?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)