|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 47-83:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the assumption left up to the reader in the Preface?
(a) Whether the story takes place in England or America.
(b) Whether the narrator is Moll or not.
(c) Whether the story is true or fiction.
(d) Whether Moll Flanders is good or bad.
2. What does Moll say marriages are the consequences of in the country?
3. What shows the other brother's intentions that Moll does not understand?
(a) he takes her out of the house.
(b) he gives her money.
(c) he proposes marriage.
(d) he kisses her and runs away.
4. What does the narrator insist is the value of the story?
(a) that it opens up a new kind of literature.
(b) that something just or religious may be learned.
(c) that it will put the reader to sleep.
(d) that it will teach child rearing to new parents.
5. What does Moll help the young woman next door do?
(a) learn how to steal.
(b) find a new man.
(c) get a job as a governess.
(d) get even with the unfair beau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll, called Mrs. Betty, do better than the daughters of the new family?
2. What does Moll want to become?
3. What does Moll finally find?
4. Why does she use the name of Moll Flanders?
5. Why does Mrs. Mayoress say Moll may become a gentlewoman for all they know?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)