|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15-47:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader to expect in the story?
(a) sudden shifts of the story line.
(b) sudden lapses in Mill's memory.
(c) sudden surprises of every sort.
(d) sudden changes in location.
2. What problem does Moll have getting the money her old nurse had saved for her?
(a) Moll cannot leave the house where she works and lives.
(b) the nurse left no written instructions about the money.
(c) the magistrates want reembursement for their expenses.
(d) after the nurse dies, her daughter does not want to give it.
3. What does Mrs. Mayoress call Moll that she thinks is a bad name?
4. Why does the narrator say that the ugly and wicked part of a person's life must be presented?
(a) to make the story more interesting to readers.
(b) to show the beauty of penitence may be appreciated.
(c) to show the reasons penitence is needed.
(d) to warn people about living such a life.
5. How does Moll propose to make her own living?
(a) by begging on the streets.
(b) by sewing and spinning.
(c) by dancing and singing.
(d) by selling violets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Moll's first recollection?
2. At what age do the magistrates declare that Moll should go into service?
3. What does the new mistress lack that the former one had?
4. How does Moll get away from the gypsies?
5. What happens with the younger brother?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)