|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15-47:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moll receive at the second home where she is kept?
(a) £100 a month.
(b) hard labor.
(d) fire new garments.
2. What does the narrator say the problem is with writing such a story of three decades of crime?
(a) that vicious readers may turn it to the author's disadvantage.
(b) that the author has to keep his chronology straight.
(c) that readers may question how the author knows about crime.
(d) that the writer may become terribly depressed.
3. What does Mrs. Mayoress call Moll that she thinks is a bad name?
4. What does the narrator say has been left out of the story?
(a) some of the least colorful parts.
(b) some of the duplicate parts.
(c) some of the most boring parts.
(d) some of the more vicious parts.
5. To what does the narrator compare his novel?
(a) to school lessons.
(b) to religious pamphlets.
(c) to plays written for the stage.
(d) to narrative poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mayoress say Moll may become a gentlewoman for all they know?
2. How does Moll say she and the older brother behaved in the house of an acquaintance when they were alone?
3. What can Moll not consider doing?
4. What does the narrator hope the reader will be more pleased with?
5. Why does Mrs. Mayoress come to the school?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)