|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 15-47:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with the younger brother?
(a) he blackmails Mrs. Betty and his brother.
(b) he spies of Betty when she leaves the house.
(c) he wants Betty for a mistress.
(d) he falls truly in love with Mrs. Betty.
2. What does the younger brother want to do?
(a) set Betty up in an apartment.
(b) marry Betty.
(c) kill his brother.
(d) sleep in Betty's bed.
3. What does the narrator say is the value of hard work as a convict?
(a) staying out of more trouble.
(b) coming out of it with a new cast for one's life.
(c) learning how not to get caught.
(d) keeping healthy until released.
4. How old is Moll when she is taken in by a kind woman?
(a) just turning twelve.
(b) only one year old.
(c) not above three-years-old.
(d) just a baby.
5. What does Moll persuade the mistress to allow her to do?
(a) run away.
(b) find a husband.
(c) live in her house.
(d) go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of instruction does the narrator say is included in the story?
2. What does the narrator say the problem is with writing such a story of three decades of crime?
3. What does Moll want to become?
4. What does Moll, called Mrs. Betty, do better than the daughters of the new family?
5. What does the younger brother retort to his sister's talk about money?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)