|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-15:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the final scene in the story?
(a) it is Moll's best writing.
(b) it is still an unfinished work.
(c) it is not written by Moll herself.
(d) it makes the reader shed tears.
2. At what age do the magistrates declare that Moll should go into service?
(a) age ten.
(b) age six.
(c) age twelve.
(d) age eight.
3. What does the narrator insist that the characters must eventually become?
(c) real people.
(d) hardened criminals.
4. What does Moll persuade the mistress to allow her to do?
(a) go to school.
(b) live in her house.
(c) find a husband.
(d) run away.
5. What does the narrator say about Moll's being penitent?
(a) she does not know the meaning of the word.
(b) she pretends to be.
(c) she never thinks she has done wrong.
(d) she is heartily sorry for her sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moll propose to make her own living?
2. What do the ladies of the town do for Moll?
3. Where does Moll say her true name is known?
4. Why does Mrs. Mayoress say Moll may become a gentlewoman for all they know?
5. Why does the narrator say it is difficult to have a private biography taken seriously?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)