|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-15:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moll propose to make her own living?
(a) by dancing and singing.
(b) by selling violets.
(c) by begging on the streets.
(d) by sewing and spinning.
2. What does the narrator say results from any wicked action in the book?
(a) an argument for clean living.
(b) an unhappy end.
(c) a means to get away.
(d) a lesson for the readers.
3. What does the narrator say about Moll's being penitent?
(a) she does not know the meaning of the word.
(b) she never thinks she has done wrong.
(c) she is heartily sorry for her sins.
(d) she pretends to be.
4. At what age do the magistrates declare that Moll should go into service?
(a) age eight.
(b) age ten.
(c) age twelve.
(d) age six.
5. Where is Moll born?
(a) in a hospital.
(b) in prison.
(c) in a barn.
(d) in her grandmother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition under which Moll goes to a new house?
2. Who is assumed to be the narrator of the story?
3. What spared Moll's mother's life when she was condemned to die?
4. What does Moll persuade the mistress to allow her to do?
5. What problem does Moll have getting the money her old nurse had saved for her?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)