|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-15:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition under which Moll goes to a new house?
(a) staying away from the sons.
(b) making dresses for the daughters.
(c) an agreement to remain unseen.
(d) a two-week trial period.
2. Why does Mrs. Mayoress say Moll may become a gentlewoman for all they know?
(a) she has a gentlewoman's hands.
(b) she speaks with proper English.
(c) she is very lovely.
(d) she has a gentlewoman's air about her.
3. How old is Moll when she is taken in by a kind woman?
(a) just a baby.
(b) just turning twelve.
(c) not above three-years-old.
(d) only one year old.
4. Where is Moll born?
(a) in prison.
(b) in her grandmother's house.
(c) in a barn.
(d) in a hospital.
5. What does the narrator say about the final scene in the story?
(a) it makes the reader shed tears.
(b) it is Moll's best writing.
(c) it is still an unfinished work.
(d) it is not written by Moll herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moll propose to make her own living?
2. What alteration does the narrator say has been made to the story?
3. Why does Mrs. Mayoress come to the school?
4. What does the narrator insist is the value of the story?
5. What type of instruction does the narrator say is included in the story?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)