|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 212-250:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mayoress call Moll that she thinks is a bad name?
2. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
(a) he gives her £1500.
(b) he laughs and says it is no important.
(c) he deserts her.
(d) he beats her.
3. After her Bath lover deserts her, what does Moll have?
(a) her apartment for one more month.
(b) above £450 and her possessions.
(c) a sick baby and no money.
(d) bills in excess of £450.
4. What alteration does the narrator say has been made to the story?
(a) more historical references.
(b) more graphic detail.
(c) more modest words.
(d) more stress on the law.
5. What does Moll help the young woman next door do?
(a) learn how to steal.
(b) find a new man.
(c) get even with the unfair beau.
(d) get a job as a governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Moll get to visit in Newgate?
2. Why does the landlady not offer the same help that Mrs. B offers?
3. What does Moll agree to do for the gentleman during his sickness?
4. What is Moll looking for after the death of her first husband?
5. When Moll's resolution breaks and she gives him permission to make love to her, how does she classify herself?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)