|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 212-250:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Moll and her Lancashire husband discover about each other?
(a) they know the same people.
(b) they are both broke.
(c) they no longer love each other.
(d) they both have money.
2. What is the condition under which Moll goes to a new house?
(a) an agreement to remain unseen.
(b) a two-week trial period.
(c) making dresses for the daughters.
(d) staying away from the sons.
3. What happens at the Barnet Stage?
(a) Moll takes a woman's watch from her belt.
(b) Moll goes to Glasgow.
(c) Moll steals a bundle from a girl with a baby.
(d) Moll fakes an accident and demands compensation.
4. What does she say he is probably most worried about now?
(a) that his wife will believe his story.
(b) that someone saw what actually happened.
(c) that he might have the pox.
(d) that Moll will find him again.
5. What does the narrator say the problem is with writing such a story of three decades of crime?
(a) that vicious readers may turn it to the author's disadvantage.
(b) that the author has to keep his chronology straight.
(c) that readers may question how the author knows about crime.
(d) that the writer may become terribly depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a woman caught with goods Moll had stolen?
2. Where does Moll say her true name is known?
3. What does Moll fear about her current landlady who brings Mrs. B?
4. What does her tradesman turn out to be?
5. What spared Moll's mother's life when she was condemned to die?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)