|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 125-148:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moll, called Mrs. Betty, do better than the daughters of the new family?
(d) speak German.
2. Why does Mrs. B not abort Moll's pregnancy?
(a) Moll wants to keep the baby.
(b) she has a buyer for Moll's child.
(c) her religion does not allow it.
(d) she is too far along.
3. How long is Moll married to the banker before he dies?
(a) one year.
(b) six months.
(c) eighteen weeks.
(d) five years.
4. What happens when Betty Flanders goes to live with another widow?
(a) the widow turns her in to the police.
(b) the widow finds a rich man and marries.
(c) the widwo dies and leaves her house to Mrs. Flanders.
(d) she meets all kinds of rich, available men.
5. What does Moll admit to the lady who comes to help her?
(a) that she is not married.
(b) that she has a husband.
(c) that she does not want the child.
(d) that she has a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the ladies of the town do for Moll?
2. When does Moll realize the older brother only wants her as a mistress?
3. What does Mrs. Betty (aka Moll) know that makes her vain?
4. After her son is born, where does the gentleman arrange apartments for Moll?
5. How much does Mrs. B say Moll's lying in will cost?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)