|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 125-148:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moll say marriages are the consequences of in the country?
2. How does Moll say she and the older brother behaved in the house of an acquaintance when they were alone?
(a) as brave as soldiers.
(b) as proper as church ladies.
(c) as wicked as they pleased.
(d) as nervous as cats.
3. What does Mrs. B give to the parish officials?
(a) money to keep them quiet.
(b) security that the women who come to her are married.
(c) weekly donations of food.
(d) information on the missing husbands.
4. Why does Mrs. Mayoress say Moll may become a gentlewoman for all they know?
(a) she is very lovely.
(b) she has a gentlewoman's air about her.
(c) she has a gentlewoman's hands.
(d) she speaks with proper English.
5. What has Moll heard about the gentleman she is considering marriage to?
(a) that he owns a mill in Ireland.
(b) that he has a plantation in Virginia.
(c) that he is wanted by the police.
(d) that he buys and sells slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll agree to do for the gentleman during his sickness?
2. Why does the mistress come to talk with Moll while she sews a shirt?
3. Other people call Moll a handsome woman. What does she say about that?
4. When does Moll realize the older brother only wants her as a mistress?
5. What does Mrs. Mayoress call Moll that she thinks is a bad name?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)