|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 125-148:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mill learn about her cargo from Virginia when she reaches London?
(a) the ship lost most of its cargo.
(b) her cargo was seized by the government.
(c) the ship was captured by pirates.
(d) the ship sank off the coast of Ireland.
2. What does Moll suspect about her landlady and the gentleman?
(a) that the landlady is encouraging him to notice Moll.
(b) that the landlady and he are having an affair.
(c) that the landlady does not know what is going on.
(d) that the landlady is being bribed by the gentleman.
3. How does Moll get one last £50 from her brother/husband in Virginia?
(a) telling him the baby is ill.
(b) telling him it will keep her quiet.
(c) agreeing to sign a release.
(d) telling him she will go to Ireland.
4. How does Moll talk about their next encounter?
(a) she says he smuggled her into his room and locked the door.
(b) she says he paid her to disrobe for him to see.
(c) she says he gave her £1000.
(d) she says he went farther than decency allows her to recount.
5. Why does she use the name of Moll Flanders?
(a) her nurse gave the name to her.
(b) most people know that alias.
(c) she likes the sound of it.
(d) she read it in a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moll is well enough to go to Mrs. B's house, how is she surprised?
2. What does the governess manage for Moll's son?
3. What problem does Moll have getting the money her old nurse had saved for her?
4. What does Moll finally find?
5. How is the weather during Moll's trip back to England from Virginia?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)