|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 174-212:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sister tell her older brother about having money but not great beauty when looking for a husband?
(a) with money she can buy beauty.
(b) the first will do without the last.
(c) her money is invested well.
(d) a beautiful girl cannot buy money.
2. What does Moll say is worse than being in want?
(a) being old.
(b) being friendless.
(c) being in prison.
(d) being helpless.
3. What happens with the younger brother?
(a) he spies of Betty when she leaves the house.
(b) he falls truly in love with Mrs. Betty.
(c) he blackmails Mrs. Betty and his brother.
(d) he wants Betty for a mistress.
4. What can Moll not consider doing?
(a) marry a man she does not love.
(b) marry for money.
(c) marry one brother and be the mistress of the other.
(d) running away from both brothers.
5. What happens to Mill in the silversmith's shop?
(a) she takes a handful of plate just as the owner enters.
(b) she resists taking anything for fear of getting caught.
(c) a man sees her enter and comes to accuse her of theft.
(d) she puts some spoons in her pocket and they fall to the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Moll meet to help her with her money?
2. When does Moll realize the older brother only wants her as a mistress?
3. How does Moll take advantage of the fop who took her to bed one evening?
4. What does Moll, called Mrs. Betty, do better than the daughters of the new family?
5. Who does the wealthy man Moll robs in a coach turn out to be?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)