|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 174-212:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the banker say about himself and his wife?
(a) he is alone and she is in an asylum.
(b) he is young and she is old.
(c) he is unhappy and she is living a high life.
(d) he is a cuckold and she is a whore.
2. How does the elder brother begin his chase of Moll?
(a) flirting with her in front of his mother.
(b) talking about her to his sisters.
(c) slipping into her room at night.
(d) buying her expensive gifts.
3. What does the younger brother retort to his sister's talk about money?
(a) an ugly lady with money is no prize.
(b) a beautiful gets money in the form of gifts.
(c) a beautiful maid is often taken by a wealthy friend.
(d) a beautiful maid will sometimes ride a carriage before her mistress.
4. What does Mrs. Betty (aka Moll) know that makes her vain?
(a) she had longer hair than most girls.
(b) she is a great beauty.
(c) she wears clothes well.
(d) she has superior intelligence.
5. What does Moll learn about her banker?
(a) he wants a mistress.
(b) he is a confirmed bachelor.
(c) he has no money himself.
(d) he has a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moll put off the banker who now has a divorce?
2. What shows the other brother's intentions that Moll does not understand?
3. What does the new mistress lack that the former one had?
4. Who does the wealthy man Moll robs in a coach turn out to be?
5. What happens when Moll's husband learns she is poor?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)