|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 174-212:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moll say she and the older brother behaved in the house of an acquaintance when they were alone?
(a) as proper as church ladies.
(b) as brave as soldiers.
(c) as nervous as cats.
(d) as wicked as they pleased.
2. How old does she now admit to being?
3. What shows the other brother's intentions that Moll does not understand?
(a) he proposes marriage.
(b) he kisses her and runs away.
(c) he takes her out of the house.
(d) he gives her money.
4. How does the governess get money from the baronet?
(a) by extortion.
(b) by returning his possessions.
(c) by begging.
(d) by picking his pocket.
5. What does Moll learn about her banker?
(a) he wants a mistress.
(b) he has no money himself.
(c) he is a confirmed bachelor.
(d) he has a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the banker promise Moll?
2. What can Moll not consider doing?
3. What does the sister tell her older brother about having money but not great beauty when looking for a husband?
4. Before they depart for Ireland, what does Moll's new husband ask her?
5. What does Moll do to the shopkeeper after she is exonerated by the capture of the real shoplifter?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)