|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 174-212:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moll put off the banker who now has a divorce?
(a) she has to divorce her husband.
(b) she wants to be sure he has the divorce.
(c) she is pregnant again.
(d) she is not sure she wants to marry again.
2. What happens at the Barnet Stage?
(a) Moll steals a bundle from a girl with a baby.
(b) Moll goes to Glasgow.
(c) Moll takes a woman's watch from her belt.
(d) Moll fakes an accident and demands compensation.
3. When does Moll realize the older brother only wants her as a mistress?
(a) when he stops talking about love and marriage.
(b) when he gives her £1000 to leave town..
(c) when he gives her 100 guineas and a promise for that much each year.
(d) when he tells her he is engaged to another lady.
4. What does she say he is probably most worried about now?
(a) that Moll will find him again.
(b) that his wife will believe his story.
(c) that someone saw what actually happened.
(d) that he might have the pox.
5. What is the banker's house like?
(a) large and well furnished.
(b) small and comfortable.
(c) in need of a woman's touch.
(d) large but without much furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moll say the passing jade thinks of?
2. What happens to Mill in the silversmith's shop?
3. How does the governess say the baronet explained his condition to his wife?
4. How old does she now admit to being?
5. Who presses Betty to marry the younger brother?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)