|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bram regained consciousness at the beginning of Chapter 31, how long had he been sleeping?
2. How many elephants were in North's circus?
3. How much did Ralph spend on a used trailer van to go get Mo?
4. Who started shooting at Mohinder's group as they neared the end of the pass?
5. In Chapter 40, where were Bram and Gertie looking for Modoc and work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bram believe he heard Kalli Gooma say after Ja told Bram he could not marry Sian?
2. In the village that Bram and Mo came to after the abduction, why did the villagers build the floors of their homes on the natural slant of the hill?
3. What did Ja write in one of his letters to Bram?
4. What did Bram ask permission to do when the headman told him he could not work in the teak forest?
5. How did Sian die?
6. How did Kelly help Mo to breath after she inhaled too much smoke?
7. Why did the man who attacked and blinded Mo turn to alcohol?
8. How did Modoc travel to the ship that transported her to America?
9. How were criminals dealt with in the Sian's village?
10. Why did Jagrat have Bram meet him by the lake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the people in the sideshow and how their handicaps affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss conflicts that Bram struggled with throughout the book and how they affected his life. Were these conflicts mostly internal or external?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss who did and did not survive the shipwreck. Did the location of individuals during the shipwreck determine whether they lived or died?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)