|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 39, when was Ralph supposed to have an elephant in his possession and ready to perform?
2. What were Bram's water bags made from?
3. Where did Bram bury Sian?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 25, what color fabric did Bram use to make a sweat band to tie around his forehead?
5. How underweight was Mo when Ralph went to get her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kelly help Mo to breath after she inhaled too much smoke?
2. How did Modoc travel to the ship that transported her to America?
3. How did Sian die?
4. What did the men look like who tried to steal Mo?
5. Why were Mo and other elephants at the North Circus sick in Chapter 35?
6. What judgment did Kalli Gooma say about Bram's test he took to become a mahout?
7. What did the maharajah say about Bram taking Mo and leaving before Mr. North arrived?
8. What happened to the sideshow people after the North Circus shut down?
9. Why was a man arrested in Sian's village?
10. Why was the breeding bull tethered and tended by children from Calcutta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 6 and 8, two very different moods permeate the chapters. Discuss the mood in these chapters and compare and contrast these moods.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the people in the sideshow and how their handicaps affected their lives.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss who did and did not survive the shipwreck. Did the location of individuals during the shipwreck determine whether they lived or died?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)