|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bram saw the maharajah for the last time, how high was the dais that the maharajah's chair sat upon?
2. What did the villagers name the valley where so many died and were buried?
3. Where did a bullet rip through Mo during the confrontation near the end of the pass?
4. What instrument was played when Bram and Mo went through the testing process for Bram to become a mahout?
5. How large were the palm spiders that frequented the banana plants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean to "float" an animal's teeth?
2. Why was the breeding bull tethered and tended by children from Calcutta?
3. What were some jobs that Bram and Mo did as they traveled?
4. How did Modoc travel to the ship that transported her to America?
5. In the village that Bram and Mo came to after the abduction, why did the villagers build the floors of their homes on the natural slant of the hill?
6. What judgment did Kalli Gooma say about Bram's test he took to become a mahout?
7. What did Bram observe when he awoke in Chapter 31?
8. Why did Jagrat have Bram meet him by the lake?
9. What did the maharajah say and do the last time that Bram saw him?
10. Why did Bram weep when he staggered out of the structure where he was being cared for after the guerrilla war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Bram went from being a stowaway to being a valued member of the ship's crew.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Josef, the role that the circus played in his life, and how his life was connected to the circus.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Marigold, her life, and how her handicap affected her outlook on life.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)