|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument was played when Bram and Mo went through the testing process for Bram to become a mahout?
2. What job did Gertie accept with the North Circus?
3. Where did the North Circus spend winters?
4. How large was the compound where the breeding bull elephant was tethered?
5. How many mahouts did Bram believe were in Sian's village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Mo and other elephants at the North Circus sick in Chapter 35?
2. When did Bram and Mo die?
3. What realization did Bram have when he went to Sian's grave one last time?
4. What happened to the sideshow people after the North Circus shut down?
5. What did Ja write in one of his letters to Bram?
6. What did the men look like who tried to steal Mo?
7. How were criminals dealt with in the Sian's village?
8. What does it mean to "float" an animal's teeth?
9. How did Modoc kill Hamid?
10. What were some jobs that Bram and Mo did as they traveled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bram and Mo seemed to have a special bond between them. Discuss the bond between Bram and Mo and how it was developed and strengthened.
Essay Topic 2
Kalli Gooma told Bram that there were two areas in the village that represented life and death. Discuss how certain places in the village represented life and death. Did either of these places represent both life and death?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Bram left the Elephantarium and why the maharajah could not help Bram directly.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)