|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the crew of the ship that took Mo to America nickname her?
2. How old did Sian think that Kalli Gooma was?
3. How large was the compound where the breeding bull elephant was tethered?
4. How underweight was Mo when Ralph went to get her?
5. What color was Sian's wedding dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some jobs that Bram and Mo did as they traveled?
2. How did Modoc kill Hamid?
3. How were criminals dealt with in the Sian's village?
4. Why did Bram weep when he staggered out of the structure where he was being cared for after the guerrilla war?
5. When did Bram and Mo die?
6. How did Sian die?
7. What did the maharajah say about Bram taking Mo and leaving before Mr. North arrived?
8. Why were Mo and other elephants at the North Circus sick in Chapter 35?
9. What were Bram's living quarters like when he joined North's Circus?
10. Why was the breeding bull tethered and tended by children from Calcutta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Bram struggled with feelings of guilt and whether these feelings were due to a real or imagined moral code that Bram felt he had broken.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 6 and 8, two very different moods permeate the chapters. Discuss the mood in these chapters and compare and contrast these moods.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Elephantarium, how Bram was viewed by the maharajah and his staff, and why they viewed him that way.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)