|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair did Kalli Gooma have?
2. What did Gertie wear when she and Bram married?
3. How large was the compound where the breeding bull elephant was tethered?
4. How tall did the bamboo grow in the forest?
5. When Bram saw the maharajah for the last time, how high was the dais that the maharajah's chair sat upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Modoc kill Hamid?
2. Why was the breeding bull tethered and tended by children from Calcutta?
3. How did Sian die?
4. What realization did Bram have when he went to Sian's grave one last time?
5. What did Bram observe when he awoke in Chapter 31?
6. How did Kelly help Mo to breath after she inhaled too much smoke?
7. Why did Bram believe that he had to let Gertie go in Chapter 26?
8. What were some jobs that Bram and Mo did as they traveled?
9. How were criminals dealt with in the Sian's village?
10. What judgment did Kalli Gooma say about Bram's test he took to become a mahout?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Bram's training as an elephant trainer and how that affected his training of Modoc. Did this style of training make Bram more successful than other elephant trainers?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Bram struggled with feelings of guilt and whether these feelings were due to a real or imagined moral code that Bram felt he had broken.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hinduism and what parts of Hinduism Bram embraced.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)