|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of truck did Ralph use to tow the trailer he used to get Mo?
2. Where did Bram bury Sian?
3. How large was the compound where Bram and Mo were tested to see if Bram could become a mahout?
4. What was the cinch made of that help the rigging on Modoc?
5. What colors was Sian wearing when she first met Bram?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Modoc kill Hamid?
2. What did the maharajah say about Bram taking Mo and leaving before Mr. North arrived?
3. In the village that Bram and Mo came to after the abduction, why did the villagers build the floors of their homes on the natural slant of the hill?
4. Why did Jagrat have Bram meet him by the lake?
5. Why did the man who attacked and blinded Mo turn to alcohol?
6. How did Modoc travel to the ship that transported her to America?
7. What realization did Bram have when he went to Sian's grave one last time?
8. Why were Mo and other elephants at the North Circus sick in Chapter 35?
9. What judgment did Kalli Gooma say about Bram's test he took to become a mahout?
10. Why was the breeding bull tethered and tended by children from Calcutta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the land and sea trips that Bram took so that he could be with Modoc.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss conflicts that Bram struggled with throughout the book and how they affected his life. Were these conflicts mostly internal or external?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss who did and did not survive the shipwreck. Did the location of individuals during the shipwreck determine whether they lived or died?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)