|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Ralph spend on a used trailer van to go get Mo?
2. In what language was the name of the ship written that took Bram and Mo to America?
3. How long had the head elephant trainer worked for Mr. North?
4. How much did Bram agree to pay Mr. North to buy Mo?
5. What was Ralph's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ja write in one of his letters to Bram?
2. Describe Bram's and Sian's wedding.
3. What did the maharajah say about Bram taking Mo and leaving before Mr. North arrived?
4. Why were Mo and other elephants at the North Circus sick in Chapter 35?
5. How did Modoc kill Hamid?
6. Why was a man arrested in Sian's village?
7. What were Bram's living quarters like when he joined North's Circus?
8. What did Bram ask permission to do when the headman told him he could not work in the teak forest?
9. What judgment did Kalli Gooma say about Bram's test he took to become a mahout?
10. What happened to the sideshow people after the North Circus shut down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Bram struggled with feelings of guilt and whether these feelings were due to a real or imagined moral code that Bram felt he had broken.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Elephantarium, how Bram was viewed by the maharajah and his staff, and why they viewed him that way.
Essay Topic 3
Bram promised his father that he would always take care of Modoc. Discuss how Bram decided to keep his promise, how he was helped to keep the promise, and how that promise changed his life.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)