|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kelly Hanson's job for Mr. North?
2. Where was Bram going to met Jagrat so Jagrat could take him to Atoul?
3. How tall was Josef?
4. What color roses did Marigold wear on a tiara when she was married?
5. What other elephants were in the hold with Mo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
2. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
3. Where did Bram awake after he saw Atoul?
4. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
5. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
6. Why did Kelly help Bram?
7. How did Bram get on board "The Ghanjee"?
8. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
9. Why did the captain order all non-essential personnel below decks?
10. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the land and sea trips that Bram took so that he could be with Modoc.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss who did and did not survive the shipwreck. Did the location of individuals during the shipwreck determine whether they lived or died?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 6 and 8, two very different moods permeate the chapters. Discuss the mood in these chapters and compare and contrast these moods.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)