|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Marigold sent by her parents when she was young?
2. How much time did Josef want Bram to allow Mo to spend in the flower field eating?
3. How long was Mesmera's python?
4. How long was Marigold?
5. Which country did the "The Ghanjee" sail under?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
2. How did Bram and Gertie meet?
3. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
4. Who were the people in the circus sideshow, and why did they join together?
5. Why did a sailor on the boat that rescued the survivors hit Hands?
6. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
7. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
8. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
9. What was the second day in the water like for the survivors?
10. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Bram went from being a stowaway to being a valued member of the ship's crew.
Essay Topic 2
Bram and Mo seemed to have a special bond between them. Discuss the bond between Bram and Mo and how it was developed and strengthened.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss life in Mayaua and how it changed when Bram and Mo came. Were these changes permanent?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)