|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season was it when Bram and Gertie rode Modoc for a picnic?
2. What type of moon was in the sky as Bram and Modoc floated alone in the sea after the others were rescued?
3. How many survivors eventually banded together after the ship wreck?
4. How long did Bram stay hidden on "The Ghanjee" before he decided to show himself?
5. What was the name of the captain aboard "The Ghanjee"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
2. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
3. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
4. Who was Atoul?
5. What could Bram see when he left the hospital and went to the street?
6. What was the second day in the water like for the survivors?
7. Why was the cemetery where Josef buried called the Grenchin Hill Cemetery?
8. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
9. Describe the bull hook that Bram's father gave him when Bram was thirteen.
10. What did Josef do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Bram struggled with feelings of guilt and whether these feelings were due to a real or imagined moral code that Bram felt he had broken.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Josef, the role that the circus played in his life, and how his life was connected to the circus.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Gertie's feelings for Bram and how they changed throughout the book.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)