|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Josef work for a small village circus?
2. Near what mountain were Bram and Modoc born?
3. How long did it take Bram to recover from a deadly virus?
4. How many stacks did the freighter "The Ghanjee" have?
5. How long was Modoc's trunk when she was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
2. What was the second day in the water like for the survivors?
3. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
4. What did Josef do for a living?
5. How did Bram and Gertie meet?
6. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
7. Who were the people in the circus sideshow, and why did they join together?
8. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
9. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
10. Why weren't any lifeboats launched from "The Ghanjee"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Bram's training as an elephant trainer and how that affected his training of Modoc. Did this style of training make Bram more successful than other elephant trainers?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Bram went from being a stowaway to being a valued member of the ship's crew.
Essay Topic 3
Kalli Gooma told Bram that there were two areas in the village that represented life and death. Discuss how certain places in the village represented life and death. Did either of these places represent both life and death?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)