|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Bram's favorite cookies?
2. What would be distinctive about the truck that Bram was to hide in when he sneaked along with the American circus people?
3. What type of moon was in the sky as Bram and Modoc floated alone in the sea after the others were rescued?
4. How tall was Bram when he was 5?
5. How many languages could Marigold speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
2. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
3. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
4. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
5. What did Bram tell Mo when it appeared that they would drown?
6. Why did a sailor on the boat that rescued the survivors hit Hands?
7. Who was Atoul?
8. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
9. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
10. What could Bram see when he left the hospital and went to the street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hinduism and what parts of Hinduism Bram embraced.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss life in Mayaua and how it changed when Bram and Mo came. Were these changes permanent?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Bram struggled with feelings of guilt and whether these feelings were due to a real or imagined moral code that Bram felt he had broken.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)