|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Katrina give Bram and Gertie to take for a picnic lunch?
2. How many fans could Bram see as he left the hospital in an endless task to keep the hospital cool?
3. How many hours a day did Bram work in the galley?
4. How many languages could Marigold speak?
5. Where were Marigold and Schulz married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why weren't any lifeboats launched from "The Ghanjee"?
2. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
3. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
4. How did Bram and Modoc feed each other when they were little?
5. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
6. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
7. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
8. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
9. What could Bram see when he left the hospital and went to the street?
10. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Josef, the role that the circus played in his life, and how his life was connected to the circus.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Marigold, her life, and how her handicap affected her outlook on life.
Essay Topic 3
At one point Ja, Sian's father, told Bram that he could not marry Sian. Discuss the reasons why Ja did not want Bram to marry his daughter and what changed Ja's mind about a marriage.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)