|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a day did Bram work in the galley?
2. What was the name of the midwife who delivered Bram?
3. When the python went missing during the winter that many of the performers were staying in the barn, where was she found?
4. What was the name of Josef's doctor?
5. What type of vessel was the first to come to the survivors Bram was with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
2. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
3. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
4. Why did Josef fear Herr Gobel?
5. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
6. What did Josef do for a living?
7. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
8. What did Bram tell Mo when it appeared that they would drown?
9. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
10. What did the captain order Bram to do when he was discovered stowed away on the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss life in Mayaua and how it changed when Bram and Mo came. Were these changes permanent?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Elephantarium, how Bram was viewed by the maharajah and his staff, and why they viewed him that way.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dangers along the trail that Bram and Mo traveled when they left the Elephantarium and how Bram and Mo dealt with these dangers.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)