|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Across whose property did Bram and Modoc travel when they went into the forest alone together for the first time?
2. What saved Kelly from dying when the ship went down?
3. What language did Marigold and Moonspirit speak together?
4. How many people could fit into the big top to watch the Wunderzircus?
5. What was the name of the sailor who hit Hands when Hands wanted to drag Modoc to safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Modoc kill Hamid?
2. What does it mean to "float" an animal's teeth?
3. Why was a man arrested in Sian's village?
4. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
5. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
6. What did the captain order Bram to do when he was discovered stowed away on the ship?
7. Why did Kelly help Bram?
8. What did Bram ask permission to do when the headman told him he could not work in the teak forest?
9. What did Bram believe he heard Kalli Gooma say after Ja told Bram he could not marry Sian?
10. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Josef, the role that the circus played in his life, and how his life was connected to the circus.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Gertie's feelings for Bram and how they changed throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Bram and Mo seemed to have a special bond between them. Discuss the bond between Bram and Mo and how it was developed and strengthened.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)