|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many survivors eventually banded together after the ship wreck?
2. How long had Bram been unconscious when Kelly came to see him?
3. How old was Bram's mother when he was born?
4. What type of wood was used to make the handle of Bram's first bull hook?
5. Where was Marigold sent by her parents when she was young?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
2. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
3. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
4. Why did Kelly help Bram?
5. What did Josef do for a living?
6. Who was Atoul?
7. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
8. How did Bram and Gertie meet?
9. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
10. What did Bram tell Mo when it appeared that they would drown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Elephantarium, how Bram was viewed by the maharajah and his staff, and why they viewed him that way.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hinduism and what parts of Hinduism Bram embraced.
Essay Topic 3
Bram promised his father that he would always take care of Modoc. Discuss how Bram decided to keep his promise, how he was helped to keep the promise, and how that promise changed his life.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)