|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large was the container that held Emma's mixture of oats, barley, and molasses?
2. How many elephants were in the hold of "The Ghanjee"?
3. In what body of water were the survivors of the shipwreck floating?
4. Where was the man from who bought the circus?
5. How tall was Atoul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bram and Modoc feed each other when they were little?
2. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
3. What did the captain order Bram to do when he was discovered stowed away on the ship?
4. What was the second day in the water like for the survivors?
5. Why was the cemetery where Josef buried called the Grenchin Hill Cemetery?
6. Who was Atoul?
7. Why did Kelly help Bram?
8. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
9. Why did Josef fear Herr Gobel?
10. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Josef, the role that the circus played in his life, and how his life was connected to the circus.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Bram left the Elephantarium and why the maharajah could not help Bram directly.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the people in the sideshow and how their handicaps affected their lives.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)