|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Modoc weigh when she was five?
2. After three weeks at sea, how many days ahead of schedule was "The Ghanjee"?
3. How many hours a day did Bram work in the galley?
4. What was the name of the sailor who hit Hands when Hands wanted to drag Modoc to safety?
5. What was one type of flowers that lined the pathways on the palace grounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
2. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
3. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
4. How did Bram get on board "The Ghanjee"?
5. Describe the bull hook that Bram's father gave him when Bram was thirteen.
6. Why did the captain order all non-essential personnel below decks?
7. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
8. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
9. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
10. Who were the people in the circus sideshow, and why did they join together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss conflicts that Bram struggled with throughout the book and how they affected his life. Were these conflicts mostly internal or external?
Essay Topic 2
At one point Ja, Sian's father, told Bram that he could not marry Sian. Discuss the reasons why Ja did not want Bram to marry his daughter and what changed Ja's mind about a marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dangers along the trail that Bram and Mo traveled when they left the Elephantarium and how Bram and Mo dealt with these dangers.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)