Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a day did the teak elephants work?
2. How many steps did Bram climb to get to the palace doors?
3. What colors decorated the great hall of the maharajah's palace?
4. What was the staircase made from that led to the great doors of the palace?
5. After three weeks at sea, how many days ahead of schedule was "The Ghanjee"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
2. What did Josef do for a living?
3. What did the maharajah say about Bram taking Mo and leaving before Mr. North arrived?
4. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
5. Why was the cemetery where Josef buried called the Grenchin Hill Cemetery?
6. Describe Bram's and Sian's wedding.
7. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
8. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
9. How did Bram and Gertie meet?
10. Who was Atoul?
Discuss how Bram went from being a stowaway to being a valued member of the ship's crew.
In Chapters 6 and 8, two very different moods permeate the chapters. Discuss the mood in these chapters and compare and contrast these moods.
Using examples from the book, discuss who did and did not survive the shipwreck. Did the location of individuals during the shipwreck determine whether they lived or died?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)