|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many hours was an SOS sent before "The Ghanjee" went down?
2. What did Bram use for clothing when he left the hospital to find Mo?
3. Which country did the "The Ghanjee" sail under?
4. In what valley were Bram and Modoc born?
5. Who was the maid of honor at Marigold's and Schulz's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
2. Why did the captain order all non-essential personnel below decks?
3. What did the captain order Bram to do when he was discovered stowed away on the ship?
4. How did Bram and Gertie meet?
5. Why did Kelly help Bram?
6. Describe the bull hook that Bram's father gave him when Bram was thirteen.
7. Why did Josef fear Herr Gobel?
8. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
9. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
10. What did Bram tell Mo when it appeared that they would drown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the people in the sideshow and how their handicaps affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss conflicts that Bram struggled with throughout the book and how they affected his life. Were these conflicts mostly internal or external?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Josef, the role that the circus played in his life, and how his life was connected to the circus.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)