|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the staircase made from that led to the great doors of the palace?
2. What statue was centered on the front lawn of the palace?
3. How old was Bram when he met Gertie?
4. How old was Bram when he received his first bull hook?
5. Across whose property did Bram and Modoc travel when they went into the forest alone together for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
2. Describe the bull hook that Bram's father gave him when Bram was thirteen.
3. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
4. Why was the cemetery where Josef buried called the Grenchin Hill Cemetery?
5. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
6. Why weren't any lifeboats launched from "The Ghanjee"?
7. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
8. Why did a sailor on the boat that rescued the survivors hit Hands?
9. What did Bram tell Mo when it appeared that they would drown?
10. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the land and sea trips that Bram took so that he could be with Modoc.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Gertie's feelings for Bram and how they changed throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss who did and did not survive the shipwreck. Did the location of individuals during the shipwreck determine whether they lived or died?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)