|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Josef's doctor?
2. What type of wood was used to make the handle of Bram's first bull hook?
3. What did Katrina give Bram and Gertie to take for a picnic lunch?
4. What was the name of the captain aboard "The Ghanjee"?
5. What saved Kelly from dying when the ship went down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Josef fear Herr Gobel?
2. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
3. Who were the people in the circus sideshow, and why did they join together?
4. What was the second day in the water like for the survivors?
5. Who was Atoul?
6. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
7. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
8. What did Josef do for a living?
9. What did the maharajah order to be made for Bram when he wanted to stay with Mo?
10. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point Ja, Sian's father, told Bram that he could not marry Sian. Discuss the reasons why Ja did not want Bram to marry his daughter and what changed Ja's mind about a marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Bram's training as an elephant trainer and how that affected his training of Modoc. Did this style of training make Bram more successful than other elephant trainers?
Essay Topic 3
Bram promised his father that he would always take care of Modoc. Discuss how Bram decided to keep his promise, how he was helped to keep the promise, and how that promise changed his life.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)