|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Mesmera's python?
2. What was one type of flowers that lined the pathways on the palace grounds?
3. What season was it when Bram and Gertie rode Modoc for a picnic?
4. How tall was Bram when he was 5?
5. What type of vessel was the first to come to the survivors Bram was with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why weren't any lifeboats launched from "The Ghanjee"?
2. What was the second day in the water like for the survivors?
3. What did the maharajah order to be made for Bram when he wanted to stay with Mo?
4. What did Josef do for a living?
5. Describe the bull hook that Bram's father gave him when Bram was thirteen.
6. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
7. How did Bram and Gertie meet?
8. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
9. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
10. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Marigold, her life, and how her handicap affected her outlook on life.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss who did and did not survive the shipwreck. Did the location of individuals during the shipwreck determine whether they lived or died?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Gertie's feelings for Bram and how they changed throughout the book.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)