|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hospital building used for at one time?
2. Where did Bram store his belongings on board ship?
3. What season was it when Bram and Gertie rode Modoc for a picnic?
4. What was the staircase made from that led to the great doors of the palace?
5. How many people could fit into the big top to watch the Wunderzircus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the maharajah say about Bram taking Mo and leaving before Mr. North arrived?
2. What did Bram ask permission to do when the headman told him he could not work in the teak forest?
3. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
4. How were criminals dealt with in the Sian's village?
5. What did the maharajah order to be made for Bram when he wanted to stay with Mo?
6. What was the second day in the water like for the survivors?
7. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
8. What were some jobs that Bram and Mo did as they traveled?
9. What did the captain order Bram to do when he was discovered stowed away on the ship?
10. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Bram went from being a stowaway to being a valued member of the ship's crew.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Elephantarium, how Bram was viewed by the maharajah and his staff, and why they viewed him that way.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dangers along the trail that Bram and Mo traveled when they left the Elephantarium and how Bram and Mo dealt with these dangers.
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)