|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the circus sideshow, how was String billed?
2. What was the name of the sailor who hit Hands when Hands wanted to drag Modoc to safety?
3. For how many hours was an SOS sent before "The Ghanjee" went down?
4. How large was the container that held Emma's mixture of oats, barley, and molasses?
5. What was the name of the in-house veterinarian at the elephantarium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
2. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
3. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
4. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
5. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
6. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
7. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
8. Why was the cemetery where Josef buried called the Grenchin Hill Cemetery?
9. Why did Kelly help Bram?
10. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kalli Gooma told Bram that there were two areas in the village that represented life and death. Discuss how certain places in the village represented life and death. Did either of these places represent both life and death?
Essay Topic 2
At one point Ja, Sian's father, told Bram that he could not marry Sian. Discuss the reasons why Ja did not want Bram to marry his daughter and what changed Ja's mind about a marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the people in the sideshow and how their handicaps affected their lives.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)