Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were Katrina and Josef married before they had their first child?
2. After three weeks at sea, how many days ahead of schedule was "The Ghanjee"?
3. What was the name of Josef's doctor?
4. How many elephants performed at the Wunderzircus?
5. How old was Bram when he met Gertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bram get on board "The Ghanjee"?
2. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
3. Why was a man arrested in Sian's village?
4. What judgment did Kalli Gooma say about Bram's test he took to become a mahout?
5. How did Modoc kill Hamid?
6. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
7. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
8. What did Ja write in one of his letters to Bram?
9. How did Modoc travel to the ship that transported her to America?
10. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Bram struggled with feelings of guilt and whether these feelings were due to a real or imagined moral code that Bram felt he had broken.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 6 and 8, two very different moods permeate the chapters. Discuss the mood in these chapters and compare and contrast these moods.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss who did and did not survive the shipwreck. Did the location of individuals during the shipwreck determine whether they lived or died?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)