|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of wood was used to make the handle of Bram's first bull hook?
2. What colors decorated the great hall of the maharajah's palace?
3. How long was Modoc's trunk when she was born?
4. How much did Modoc weigh when she was five?
5. What type of moon was in the sky as Bram and Modoc floated alone in the sea after the others were rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kelly help Bram?
2. What was the second day in the water like for the survivors?
3. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
4. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
5. Why did the captain order all non-essential personnel below decks?
6. What did Josef do for a living?
7. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
8. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
9. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
10. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kalli Gooma told Bram that there were two areas in the village that represented life and death. Discuss how certain places in the village represented life and death. Did either of these places represent both life and death?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hinduism and what parts of Hinduism Bram embraced.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Bram struggled with feelings of guilt and whether these feelings were due to a real or imagined moral code that Bram felt he had broken.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)