|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be distinctive about the truck that Bram was to hide in when he sneaked along with the American circus people?
2. Where was Marigold sent by her parents when she was young?
3. What was the hospital building used for at one time?
4. What did North's trainer change Modoc's name to?
5. Where did Josef work for a small village circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kelly help Bram?
2. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
3. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
4. How did Bram get on board "The Ghanjee"?
5. Why was the breeding bull tethered and tended by children from Calcutta?
6. What did the captain order Bram to do when he was discovered stowed away on the ship?
7. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
8. What did Josef do for a living?
9. What were Bram's living quarters like when he joined North's Circus?
10. What did the maharajah order to be made for Bram when he wanted to stay with Mo?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Gertie's feelings for Bram and how they changed throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the people in the sideshow and how their handicaps affected their lives.
Essay Topic 3
Kalli Gooma told Bram that there were two areas in the village that represented life and death. Discuss how certain places in the village represented life and death. Did either of these places represent both life and death?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)