|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Josef's doctor?
2. How many sideshow tents were in the Wunderzircus?
3. How many languages could Marigold speak?
4. How old was Bram when his father died?
5. Near what mountain were Bram and Modoc born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bram and Modoc feed each other when they were little?
2. When did Bram and Mo die?
3. Why weren't any lifeboats launched from "The Ghanjee"?
4. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
5. What did the maharajah say and do the last time that Bram saw him?
6. Who was Atoul?
7. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
8. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
9. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
10. Why was the breeding bull tethered and tended by children from Calcutta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Bram left the Elephantarium and why the maharajah could not help Bram directly.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Marigold, her life, and how her handicap affected her outlook on life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Bram's training as an elephant trainer and how that affected his training of Modoc. Did this style of training make Bram more successful than other elephant trainers?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)