|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to load everything except the elephants?
2. How much time did Josef want Bram to allow Mo to spend in the flower field eating?
3. What was the name of the sailor who found Bram hiding with the elephants?
4. What saved Kelly from dying when the ship went down?
5. What did North's trainer change Modoc's name to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the people in the circus sideshow, and why did they join together?
2. How did Bram and Modoc feed each other when they were little?
3. Why did a sailor on the boat that rescued the survivors hit Hands?
4. What did Josef do for a living?
5. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
6. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
7. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
8. Why did Kelly help Bram?
9. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
10. How did Bram get on board "The Ghanjee"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Gertie's feelings for Bram and how they changed throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Bram promised his father that he would always take care of Modoc. Discuss how Bram decided to keep his promise, how he was helped to keep the promise, and how that promise changed his life.
Essay Topic 3
Kalli Gooma told Bram that there were two areas in the village that represented life and death. Discuss how certain places in the village represented life and death. Did either of these places represent both life and death?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)