|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Josef's doctor?
2. How did Kelly mark the crate that Bram hid inside in order to get on board "The Ganjee"?
3. How long was Modoc's trunk when she was born?
4. What did Katrina give Bram and Gertie to take for a picnic lunch?
5. What did Gertie do as they were riding Mo for an outing and a picnic lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
2. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
3. Describe the bull hook that Bram's father gave him when Bram was thirteen.
4. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
5. Where did Bram awake after he saw Atoul?
6. What did the maharajah order to be made for Bram when he wanted to stay with Mo?
7. What could Bram see when he left the hospital and went to the street?
8. How did Bram get on board "The Ghanjee"?
9. What did Josef do for a living?
10. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Josef, the role that the circus played in his life, and how his life was connected to the circus.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Bram struggled with feelings of guilt and whether these feelings were due to a real or imagined moral code that Bram felt he had broken.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the land and sea trips that Bram took so that he could be with Modoc.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)