|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the man from who bought the circus?
2. Where did Josef work for a small village circus?
3. How many fans could Bram see as he left the hospital in an endless task to keep the hospital cool?
4. How long was Modoc's trunk when she was born?
5. What did Curpo put in water when he cleaned Emma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
2. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
3. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
4. What did Josef do for a living?
5. Why weren't any lifeboats launched from "The Ghanjee"?
6. Why did a sailor on the boat that rescued the survivors hit Hands?
7. Who were the people in the circus sideshow, and why did they join together?
8. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
9. What did Bram tell Mo when it appeared that they would drown?
10. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss conflicts that Bram struggled with throughout the book and how they affected his life. Were these conflicts mostly internal or external?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 6 and 8, two very different moods permeate the chapters. Discuss the mood in these chapters and compare and contrast these moods.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Bram left the Elephantarium and why the maharajah could not help Bram directly.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)