|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did it take to carry the bed the maharajah had made for Bram?
2. Across whose property did Bram and Modoc travel when they went into the forest alone together for the first time?
3. What did Katrina give Bram and Gertie to take for a picnic lunch?
4. How many stacks did the freighter "The Ghanjee" have?
5. How long had "The Ghanjee" been traveling the high seas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the maharajah order to be made for Bram when he wanted to stay with Mo?
2. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
3. What did Bram tell Mo when it appeared that they would drown?
4. How did Bram and Modoc feed each other when they were little?
5. How did Bram and Gertie meet?
6. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
7. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
8. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
9. What did Bram find inside the truck in which he stowed away so he could go to America with Modoc?
10. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 6 and 8, two very different moods permeate the chapters. Discuss the mood in these chapters and compare and contrast these moods.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dangers along the trail that Bram and Mo traveled when they left the Elephantarium and how Bram and Mo dealt with these dangers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Bram struggled with feelings of guilt and whether these feelings were due to a real or imagined moral code that Bram felt he had broken.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)