|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Herr Gobel's first name?
2. What did Bram use for clothing when he left the hospital to find Mo?
3. Why was Schulz called the Seal Man?
4. How old was Bram when his father died?
5. What type of vessel was the first to come to the survivors Bram was with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the captain order Bram to do when he was discovered stowed away on the ship?
2. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
3. Where did Bram awake after he saw Atoul?
4. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
5. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
6. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
7. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
8. Why did Kelly help Bram?
9. Describe the bull hook that Bram's father gave him when Bram was thirteen.
10. What was the second day in the water like for the survivors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Bram's training as an elephant trainer and how that affected his training of Modoc. Did this style of training make Bram more successful than other elephant trainers?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hinduism and what parts of Hinduism Bram embraced.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dangers along the trail that Bram and Mo traveled when they left the Elephantarium and how Bram and Mo dealt with these dangers.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)