|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what valley were Bram and Modoc born?
2. What other elephants were in the hold with Mo?
3. How many elephants were in the hold of "The Ghanjee"?
4. When the python went missing during the winter that many of the performers were staying in the barn, where was she found?
5. How many people could fit into the big top to watch the Wunderzircus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
2. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
3. How did Bram and Modoc feed each other when they were little?
4. Where did Bram awake after he saw Atoul?
5. Who was Atoul?
6. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
7. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
8. How did Bram and Gertie meet?
9. What did the captain order Bram to do when he was discovered stowed away on the ship?
10. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bram and Mo seemed to have a special bond between them. Discuss the bond between Bram and Mo and how it was developed and strengthened.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Elephantarium, how Bram was viewed by the maharajah and his staff, and why they viewed him that way.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Gertie's feelings for Bram and how they changed throughout the book.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)