Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were Katrina and Josef married before they had their first child?
2. After three weeks at sea, how many days ahead of schedule was "The Ghanjee"?
3. What was the name of Josef's doctor?
4. How many elephants performed at the Wunderzircus?
5. How old was Bram when he met Gertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bram get on board "The Ghanjee"?
2. What did the hospital look like where Bram awoke after the shipwreck?
3. Why was a man arrested in Sian's village?
4. What judgment did Kalli Gooma say about Bram's test he took to become a mahout?
5. How did Modoc kill Hamid?
6. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
7. Describe Gertie's dance atop Modoc.
8. What did Ja write in one of his letters to Bram?
9. How did Modoc travel to the ship that transported her to America?
10. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
Essay Topic 1
Kalli Gooma told Bram that there were two areas in the village that represented life and death. Discuss how certain places in the village represented life and death. Did either of these places represent both life and death?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Gertie's feelings for Bram and how they changed throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Bram went from being a stowaway to being a valued member of the ship's crew.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)