|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kelly Hanson's job for Mr. North?
2. What punched a hole in the ship during the storm?
3. How tall was Josef?
4. What month was Bram born?
5. What was used to light the rooms of the hospital at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bram remember about his meeting with Atoul?
2. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
3. How did Bram and Gertie meet?
4. During the time "The Ghanjee" was caught during a storm and Bram tried to soothe the elephants, what advice did he remember his father saying?
5. What could Bram see when he left the hospital and went to the street?
6. What system was established after Mo found the survivors?
7. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
8. Describe the bull hook that Bram's father gave him when Bram was thirteen.
9. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
10. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kalli Gooma told Bram that there were two areas in the village that represented life and death. Discuss how certain places in the village represented life and death. Did either of these places represent both life and death?
Essay Topic 2
Bram promised his father that he would always take care of Modoc. Discuss how Bram decided to keep his promise, how he was helped to keep the promise, and how that promise changed his life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss life in Mayaua and how it changed when Bram and Mo came. Were these changes permanent?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)