|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the breeding bull elephant in Sian's village?
2. What color blanket did Modoc wear during her first days performing in North's circus?
3. Who started shooting at Mohinder's group as they neared the end of the pass?
(a) Men in jeeps.
(b) Men on the cliffs.
(c) Men on foot.
(d) Men in planes.
4. Where did Kelly get a job after the fire?
(a) Working for another circus.
(b) On a ranch working horses.
(c) On a ship as a cargo handler.
(d) In a factory.
5. What colors were on the sailor cap the sailors had made for Mo?
(a) Purple and gold.
(b) Scarlet and black.
(c) Red and white.
(d) Blue and gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the crew of the ship that took Mo to America nickname her?
2. How deep was the wound where the robber's knife struck Modoc's chest?
3. How much did Mr. North sell Mo for?
4. When Sian's family asked Bram to join them for dinner in Chapter 26, how many of her siblings attended dinner?
5. In Chapter 39, when was Ralph supposed to have an elephant in his possession and ready to perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Mo and other elephants at the North Circus sick in Chapter 35?
2. What judgment did Kalli Gooma say about Bram's test he took to become a mahout?
3. What does it mean to "float" an animal's teeth?
4. When did Bram and Mo die?
5. What did Ja write in one of his letters to Bram?
6. What were Bram's living quarters like when he joined North's Circus?
7. How did Sian die?
8. What realization did Bram have when he went to Sian's grave one last time?
9. Why did the man who attacked and blinded Mo turn to alcohol?
10. Why was the breeding bull tethered and tended by children from Calcutta?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)