|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punched a hole in the ship during the storm?
(a) A heavy crate.
(b) A crane.
(c) One of the elephants.
(d) A cannon.
2. What month was Bram born?
3. How many elephants performed at the Wunderzircus?
4. How large was the container that held Emma's mixture of oats, barley, and molasses?
(a) 6 gallons.
(b) 5 gallons.
(c) 4 gallons.
(d) 7 gallons.
5. What was the name of the in-house veterinarian at the elephantarium?
(a) Dr. Warren.
(b) Dr. Davis.
(c) Dr. Scharren.
(d) Dr. Smythe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many elephants were in the hold of "The Ghanjee"?
2. How old was Bram when he received his first bull hook?
3. Where did Josef work for a small village circus?
4. Where were Marigold and Schulz married?
5. Where was Bram going to met Jagrat so Jagrat could take him to Atoul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What alerted Josef to the fact that Bram was very sick?
2. Why was Josef especially suited to train Modoc?
3. What reasons did Gobel give for selling the circus?
4. What was the wedding like for Marigold and Karl Schulz?
5. What did the captain order Bram to do when he was discovered stowed away on the ship?
6. Why did Josef fear Herr Gobel?
7. How did Bram and Gertie dress themselves and Modoc for Josef's funeral?
8. Why was the cemetery where Josef buried called the Grenchin Hill Cemetery?
9. Where did the circus employees go when the circus closed for the winter?
10. Who was born on the same day that Bram was born?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)