|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the pass the soldiers were to use to cross through the mountains?
(a) About 20 miles long.
(b) About 10 miles long.
(c) About 30 miles long.
(d) About 15 miles long.
2. How long after the abduction did Bram and Modoc come to a village?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 1 day.
3. What color blanket did Modoc wear during her first days performing in North's circus?
4. How long did it take Bram and Modoc to travel through the bamboo?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 weeks.
5. How large was the python that Modoc encountered on the trail?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 30 feet or more.
(c) 20 feet or more.
(d) 35 feet.
6. What colors were on the sailor cap the sailors had made for Mo?
(a) Purple and gold.
(b) Red and white.
(c) Scarlet and black.
(d) Blue and gold.
7. How much did Ralph spend on a used trailer van to go get Mo?
8. How much did Mo agree to pay for Mo?
9. What did North consider changing Modoc's name to when he took her back to America?
10. What were Bram's water bags made from?
(a) Goat skin.
(b) Camel skin.
(c) Sheep skin.
11. What color hair did Kalli Gooma have?
12. When Sian's family asked Bram to join them for dinner in Chapter 26, how many of her siblings attended dinner?
13. How large was the compound where the breeding bull elephant was tethered?
(a) 25 feet high, 40 feet long, and about 30 feet wide.
(b) 30 feet high, 10 feet long, and about 15 feet wide.
(c) 20 feet high, 25 feet long, and about 20 feet wide.
(d) 18 feet high, 14 feet long, and about 22 feet wide.
14. How long did Bram want the headman to give him to get Mo ready to work in the teak forests?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
15. How many elephants were prepared to take Captain Mohinder and his men across the mountains?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Sian's elephant?
2. In Chapter 40, where were Bram and Gertie looking for Modoc and work?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 25, what color fabric did Bram use to make a sweat band to tie around his forehead?
4. What was the cinch made of that help the rigging on Modoc?
5. What did the crew of the ship that took Mo to America nickname her?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)