|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bram bury Sian?
(a) He dug a hole and rolled a large boulder over the top.
(b) In a cave.
(c) Under a great old tree.
(d) He carried her to a village and buried her there.
2. When Sian's family asked Bram to join them for dinner in Chapter 26, how many of her siblings attended dinner?
3. How much did Mr. North sell Mo for?
4. How long did it take Bram to nurse Mo back to health after she was attacked by a drunk?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 7 months.
5. What instrument was played when Bram and Mo went through the testing process for Bram to become a mahout?
6. What creature did villagers tell Bram frequented the bamboo and were a danger?
(c) Bengal tigers.
7. What was the name of the village where Modoc's wound was tended?
8. Where did the North Circus spend winters?
(b) South Carolina.
9. How old did Ralph believe Modoc was when she died?
10. What was the name of the breeding bull elephant in Sian's village?
11. In Chapter 39, when was Ralph supposed to have an elephant in his possession and ready to perform?
12. How long did Bram have to work with Kalli Gooma as an assistant?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
13. What job did Gertie accept with the North Circus?
(a) Working with the acrobats.
(b) Working with the equestrian act.
(c) Working with the big cats.
(d) Working with the clowns.
14. How many elephants were in recovery after the guerrilla battle?
(a) 2 or 3.
(b) 7 or 8.
(c) 4 or 5.
(d) 5 or 6.
15. How large was the compound where the breeding bull elephant was tethered?
(a) 20 feet high, 25 feet long, and about 20 feet wide.
(b) 25 feet high, 40 feet long, and about 30 feet wide.
(c) 30 feet high, 10 feet long, and about 15 feet wide.
(d) 18 feet high, 14 feet long, and about 22 feet wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the head elephant trainer worked for Mr. North?
2. When Bram regained consciousness at the beginning of Chapter 31, how long had he been sleeping?
3. After the fire, how many years did the circus battle the legal system?
4. How long was the pass the soldiers were to use to cross through the mountains?
5. How many wagons were used during the test to determine whether Bram could become a mahout?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)