|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After four days of traveling with the guerrilla soldiers, why did an elephant go down?
(a) It was dehydrated.
(b) It pulled a muscle.
(c) It was overloaded.
(d) It stumbled.
2. Where did Mr. North take Mo rather than selling her to Bram?
3. What was the name of the breeding bull elephant in Sian's village?
4. How large were the palm spiders that frequented the banana plants?
(a) As large as a child's hand.
(b) As big as a man's hand.
(c) The size of a walnut.
(d) The size of a golf ball.
5. What day of the week were Bram and Mo tested to see if Bram could become a mahout?
6. What was the name of the village where Modoc's wound was tended?
7. What did North consider changing Modoc's name to when he took her back to America?
8. What was Ralph's wife's name?
9. When Sian's family asked Bram to join them for dinner in Chapter 26, how many of her siblings attended dinner?
10. Where did a bullet rip through Mo during the confrontation near the end of the pass?
(a) Her right eye.
(b) One of her back legs.
(c) Lower part of her ear.
(d) Her left flank.
11. How many elephants were in recovery after the guerrilla battle?
(a) 4 or 5.
(b) 5 or 6.
(c) 2 or 3.
(d) 7 or 8.
12. What color hair did Kalli Gooma have?
13. How long did Bram have to work with Kalli Gooma as an assistant?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
14. What was the cinch made of that help the rigging on Modoc?
(a) Braided silk.
(d) Heavy rope.
15. What colors was Sian wearing when she first met Bram?
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Red and yellow.
(c) Pink and purple.
(d) Brown and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 39, when was Ralph supposed to have an elephant in his possession and ready to perform?
2. How many soldiers did each elephant carry?
3. How underweight was Mo when Ralph went to get her?
4. Where were Gertie and Bram married?
5. How much did Bram agree to pay Mr. North to buy Mo?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)