• In 1896 at the foot of the Olymstroem Mountain in Germany, two babies were born.
• The first was a human baby and the only son of Josef and Katrina Gunerstein, who was named Bram.
• The second was a baby elephant named Modoc, who was born to Emma, the star of the Wunderzircus, owned by Herr Gobel.
• Josef decided that his son would become a great elephant trainer someday.
• The owner of the circus, Herr Gobel, was an old man set in his ways who could be a very intolerable person.
• Condescendingly, Herr Gobel asked how the Emma and her baby were doing and told Josef there would be a few extra shekels in his pay for the week.
• Josef was determined to make Emma's baby the best trained elephant ever seen.
• Josef's whole family were circus people, and the last three generations had been elephant trainers.
This section contains 5,328 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)