|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne lecture the child about at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) His attitude.
(b) Piano etiquette and respect.
(c) His clothes.
(d) Playing his lesson perfectly.
2. The child ask Anne if they are going to walk where?
(a) By the seashore.
(b) By a lake.
(c) To a store.
(d) By the mountains.
3. What does Anne say "never fails" and "always comes back"?
(a) The wind.
(b) Her child.
(c) Her husband.
4. Near the end of Chapter 1, from whom do the police take a statement?
(a) The teacher.
(b) The dead woman's husband.
(d) The bar patronne.
5. Who leads Anne home from the cafe in Chapter 4?
(a) The patronne.
(b) The child.
(c) The man.
(d) The teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man say is outside of Anne's house?
2. What kind of problems does Anne suggest the dead woman might have had?
3. What object does the patronne watch outside the cafe after Anne and the man sit at a table in Chapter 3?
4. What reason does Anne tell the man she closes her window at night?
5. What does Anne, the child, and the teacher do after they investigate the incident through the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the first chapter, what does Anne do just after the music lesson ends and they leave the teacher's apartment?
2. Describe the conversations between Anne and the patronne at the beginning of Chapter 3.
3. Describe how Anne reacts after drinking her first two glasses of wine in Chapter 2.
4. Describe the patronne's reaction toward the man and Anne's talking to one another.
5. What does Anne say about the wind in Chapter 4?
6. Describe what Anne, the child, and the teacher see when they look outside the window to investigate the source of the scream.
7. How does the man describe Anne as she looked at the factory worker's reception the previous year?
8. How do Anne and Chauvin react towards one another when she first enters the cafe in Chapter 4?
9. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Anne tell Chauvin she already knew about him?
10. Describe the interaction between the child and the teacher in Chapter 1.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)