|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of problems does Anne suggest the dead woman might have had?
(b) Stress related.
2. How many years ago did Anne get married?
3. What does the child stop and watch on his way home at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The lightning.
(b) The boats.
(c) The birds.
(d) The waves.
4. Whom does Anne describe as "talented enough, but doesn't apply himself"?
(a) The man.
(b) Her child.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
5. What type of flower does the man tell Anne was between her breasts at the factory worker's party the previous year?
(a) A magnolia.
(b) A violet.
(c) A carnation.
(d) A rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Anne home from the cafe in Chapter 4?
2. What is Anne's husband the manager of?
3. In Chapter 3, what does the child play with while Anne is in the cafe?
4. Which of the following does the patronne not say about the dead woman?
5. What objects does Anne see when she looks out the window of the teacher's apartment in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the man describe Anne as she looked at the factory worker's reception the previous year?
2. Describe what the dead woman's husband does just before he is taken off in the police van.
3. Describe the patronne's reaction toward the man and Anne's talking to one another.
4. What does Anne tell Chauvin regarding the beech tree near her bedroom window?
5. Describe the conversation between the man at the bar and Anne when they first meet.
6. How does the man at the bar react toward Anne when she repeats his theories of the murder at the end of Chapter 2?
7. How does the man tell Anne the dead woman and her husband met?
8. Describe the patronne's reaction when Anne and the man at the bar begin talking again in Chapter 3.
9. What do the child and Anne talk about on their way home from the cafe at the end of Chapter 3?
10. How do Anne and Chauvin react towards one another when she first enters the cafe in Chapter 4?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)