|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Anne describe as "talented enough, but doesn't apply himself"?
(a) The man.
(b) Her child.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
2. When does the patronne tell the man that Anne and the child come there for music lessons?
(a) Every other Tuesday.
(b) Every Saturday.
(c) Every other Wednesday.
(d) Every Friday.
3. What does the patronne begin to do after Anne leaves the bar to go sit at a table in Chapter 3?
(a) Knits a sweater.
(b) Draws a picture.
(c) Knits a hat.
(d) Drinks tea.
4. What does Anne tell her child she will buy for him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A red motorboat.
(b) A blue tugboat.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A truck.
5. Where do Anne and the man go to sit after he approaches her in Chapter 4?
(a) Near a window.
(b) The backroom.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At a front table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does the child observe at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What does the man do right after Anne sits at the table?
3. How many years ago did Anne get married?
4. Where does Anne tell the man at the bar she usually goes on her walks instead of to the cafe?
5. What is described as "bouncing up and down" on the child's back at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Anne, the child, and the teacher see when they look outside the window to investigate the source of the scream.
2. Describe how Anne reacts after drinking her first two glasses of wine in Chapter 2.
3. What does Anne tell Chauvin regarding the beech tree near her bedroom window?
4. Describe the interaction between the child and the teacher in Chapter 1.
5. Describe what the dead woman's husband does just before he is taken off in the police van.
6. Describe the patronne's reaction toward the man and Anne's talking to one another.
7. How does Anne describe the dead woman's scream to the man in Chapter 3?
8. How does Anne react when Chauvin mentions her lying in bed in Chapter 4?
9. During their conversation in Chapter 4, how does Chauvin describe how Anne's house looked the previous night?
10. What do the child and Anne talk about on their way home from the cafe at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)