|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What road do Anne and the child walk along at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Boulevard Louis.
(b) Boulevard de la Mer.
(c) Luane Drive.
(d) Wind Street.
2. What does the teacher use to strike the instrument at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A ruler.
(b) Her hand.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A stick.
3. What does Anne say "never fails" and "always comes back"?
(b) Her child.
(c) The wind.
(d) Her husband.
4. Who is waiting for Anne when she enters the cafe in Chapter 4?
(a) Anne's husband.
(b) The patronne.
(c) The man.
(d) The teacher.
5. What does the child question Anne about that she refuses to answer?
(a) When they are leaving.
(b) Who the man is.
(c) The source of the scream.
(d) Why they are at the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gesture does the man make towards Anne near the end of their conversation in Chapter 3?
2. What noise is heard outside the window of the teacher during the music lesson?
3. What landscape does Anne see when she looks out the window of the teacher's apartment in Chapter 1?
4. What is coming from the person's mouth whom Anne sees in the cafe just after the music lesson ends in Chapter 1?
5. Where does Anne tell the man the boulevard she lives on will be extended to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between the child and the teacher in Chapter 1.
2. Describe how the man at the bar acts as more people enter the cafe after the workday has ended.
3. Describe the patronne's reaction toward the man and Anne's talking to one another.
4. How does the man at the bar react toward Anne when she repeats his theories of the murder at the end of Chapter 2?
5. Describe the interaction between the man at the bar and the patronne just after Anne leaves in Chapter 2.
6. What does Anne say about the wind in Chapter 4?
7. What is the child's reaction when he and Anne arrive at the cafe at the beginning of Chapter 2?
8. Describe the teacher's reaction after Anne, the child, and the teacher investigate the scream outside the window.
9. How does Anne describe the dead woman's scream to the man in Chapter 3?
10. How does the man tell Anne the dead woman and her husband met?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)