|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "do you think that it's possible for anyone to reach such a state except through despair"?
(a) The patronne.
(b) The man.
(d) The child.
2. What is Anne's husband the manager of?
(a) Cote de la Mer.
(b) Rue de la Mer.
(c) Founderies de Mer.
(d) Founderies de la Cote.
3. In Chapter 3, what does the child play with while Anne is in the cafe?
(a) Another child.
(b) The teacher.
(c) A boat.
(d) A dog.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, who is standing with Anne's child when she returns from the scene in the cafe?
(a) The teacher.
(b) A stranger.
(c) Another child.
(d) No one.
5. What objects does Anne see when she looks out the window of the teacher's apartment in Chapter 1?
(c) Cruise ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. The child ask Anne if they are going to walk where?
2. What does Anne tell her child she will buy for him at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Where does the child play while Anne drinks at the bar?
4. Near the end of Chapter 1, from whom do the police take a statement?
5. After the music lesson ends in Chapter 1, who does Anne see when she enters the cafe below the teacher's apartment?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)