|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the teacher use to strike the instrument at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Her hand.
(b) A stick.
(c) A ruler.
(d) A pencil.
2. What does the bar patronne do once the workday has ended?
(a) Turns up the radio.
(b) Sets up glasses.
(c) Turns down the radio and sets up glasses on the bar.
(d) Wipes the counter.
3. What type of animal does the child observe at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bird.
4. Where does Anne tell the man her house is located?
(a) The blue one on the Boulevard de Sands.
(b) The first one on the Boulevard de Sands.
(c) The last one on the Boulevard de la Mer.
(d) The red one on the Boulevard de la Mer.
5. Where do Anne and her child go to after they leave the teacher's neighborhood in Chapter 1?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To their home in the port area.
(c) To their home in the affluent part of town.
(d) To a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Anne does when she enters the cafe for the first time?
2. What does Anne tell the patronne about her child when she enters the cafe in Chapter 3?
3. After the music lesson ends in Chapter 1, who does Anne see when she enters the cafe below the teacher's apartment?
4. What does the child question Anne about that she refuses to answer?
5. What does Anne do when she and the child leave the music lesson in Chapter 1?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)