|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the teacher ask the child to define in Chapter 1?
(a) La dolce vita.
(b) Moderato Cantabile.
(c) Carpe diem.
(d) Cinque terre.
2. Who says, "it would have been impossible for me not to come back"?
(b) The child.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The man.
3. What is the first subject the man at the bar brings up when he first addresses Anne?
(a) The weather.
(b) Her child.
(c) The murder the previous day.
4. After hearing the noise outside the window during the music lesson in Chapter 1, which character insists that no one investigate and the lesson continue?
(a) The child.
(b) The teacher.
(d) No one.
5. What kind of problems does Anne suggest the dead woman might have had?
(b) Stress related.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the teacher scold Anne about in Chapter 1?
2. Who says, "do you think that it's possible for anyone to reach such a state except through despair"?
3. What instrument does the child learn in the book?
4. At the end of Chapter 1, who is standing with Anne's child when she returns from the scene in the cafe?
5. When does the patronne tell the man that Anne and the child come there for music lessons?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)