|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, who is Tigris?
(a) One of Katniss' squad members.
(b) A friend of Gale's.
(c) The owner of the shoe store.
(d) The owner of the fur shop.
2. In Chapter 24, Katniss learns that the Peacekeepers are forcing people to take in strangers for what reason?
(a) To hide government officials.
(b) To house the refugees from the districts.
(c) To protect the citizens from the rebels.
(d) To house prisoners.
3. What is the Nut?
(a) A gold mining operation.
(b) A coal mining operation.
(c) An underground nuclear power plant.
(d) An underground fortress controlled by the Capitol.
4. In Chapter 20, who immediately takes charge when it appears Boggs is dead?
(b) Leeg 1.
5. In Chapter 15, what does the blocking of the entrances to the Nut remind Katniss of?
(a) Her days in the Hunger Games.
(b) The cave-in that led to her father's death in the coal mines.
(c) Her fear of close spaces.
(d) Her childhood nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does Katniss decide she must do to protect the rest of her squad members?
2. In Chapter 27, why does Katniss' mother refuse to return to District 12?
3. In Chapter 20, why does Katniss instruct the squad to get off the street?
4. In Chapter 25, Snow tells Katniss he never would have targeted innocent children for what reason?
5. In Chapter 25, who promises Katniss that she may execute Snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 26, Katniss is set to execute Snow for his crimes against the districts. Why does Katniss suddenly suffer doubts? What does she do?
2. In Chapter 23, where does Cressida find refuge for Katniss' squad?
3. In Chapter 22, Katniss smells something on the mutts that causes her to feel true fear. What does she smell?
4. What are tracker jackers? How do the doctors believe in chapter 13 they were used to brainwash Peeta?
5. In Chapter 19, who tells Katniss to be nice to Peeta? How does she fulfill this demand?
6. In Chapter 12, what does Finnick accuse Snow of using to keep his political rivals away? How does this relate to the roses that have become Snow's symbol?
7. In Chapter 20, why does Mitchell attack Peeta? What is the result of this attack?
8. In Chapter 17, Katniss is angered when she learns she will not be with one of the military teams going to the Capitol. Why is Katniss upset? What does she do about it?
9. At the end of Chapter 19, why is Katniss' squad in the Capitol? What happens to Boggs?
10. In Chapter 24, who does Katniss see in the City Circle just as bombs begin to descend on them?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)