|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what did Katniss hear Gale say that upsets her?
(a) That she will choose the man she cannot live without.
(b) That she got them into this danger for a lie.
(c) That she will choose Peeta.
(d) That she should give herself up.
2. In Chapter 24, what does Katniss give to Peeta as they prepare to leave the security of their hiding spot?
(a) A cyanide pill.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
3. In Chapter 27, who takes Katniss back to District 12?
4. In Chapter 24, Katniss learns that the Peacekeepers are forcing people to take in strangers for what reason?
(a) To house the refugees from the districts.
(b) To protect the citizens from the rebels.
(c) To hide government officials.
(d) To house prisoners.
5. In Chapter 22, how does the author use the scent of roses?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who suggests bombing all the entrances to the Nut and leaving the workers to die?
2. In Chapter 23, why does Peeta refuse to allow Katniss to remove his handcuffs?
3. In Chapter 20, how does Peeta kill Mitchell?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Finnick agree to talk about Snow in front of the cameras?
5. In Chapter 18, what is the biggest part of Katniss' test to determine her eligibility to join the rebel military?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what lie does Katniss tell her squad? For what reason?
2. What are tracker jackers? How do the doctors believe in chapter 13 they were used to brainwash Peeta?
3. In Chapter 27, Katniss is placed under arrest for what crime? What is her punishment?
4. In Chapter 22, Katniss smells something on the mutts that causes her to feel true fear. What does she smell?
5. Throughout the latter chapters of the book, what question does Peeta constantly ask and/or answer when he has memories that he is unsure of?
6. In Chapter 18, who trains to go to the Capitol with Katniss? What is the result of this training?
7. At the end of Chapter 19, why is Katniss' squad in the Capitol? What happens to Boggs?
8. In Chapter 21, Katniss and her squad begin to move deeper into the city. How do they travel? What trouble comes after them at the end of the chapter?
9. In Chapter 19, who does Katniss believe Coin has sent to kill her as she waits with her unit to go into the Capitol? Why?
10. In Chapter 12, what does Finnick accuse Snow of using to keep his political rivals away? How does this relate to the roses that have become Snow's symbol?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)