|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who did Peeta witness being tortured in the Capitol that finally gives a missing piece of a puzzle to Katniss and Gale regarding a girl they once saw snatch out of the woods by a Capitol hovercraft?
(a) Two Avox, Darius and Lavinia.
(b) Two designers, Cinna and Paulina.
(c) Two servants, Celia and Dory.
(d) Two guards, Daniel and Paul.
2. In Chapter 14, who suggests bombing all the entrances to the Nut and leaving the workers to die?
(b) President Coin.
3. In Chapter 18, what does Katniss learn caused Johanna to fail her final test to join the rebel military?
(a) Water; she was tortured with water in the Capitol.
(b) Bows and arrows; she never learned to shoot them.
(c) Peacekeepers; she is too traumatized of them from her captivity in the Capitol.
(d) Bombs; she is afraid of their noise.
4. In Chapter 19, what does Peeta think was his fault do to his brainwashing at the hands of the Capitol?
(a) The bombing of District 13.
(b) The bombing of District 8.
(c) The bombing of the Nut in District 2.
(d) The bombing of District 12.
5. In Chapter 26, who does Katniss turn to for advice in deciding what to do about killing Snow?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Finnick agree to talk about Snow in front of the cameras?
2. In Chapter 17, why does Johanna decide to train with Katniss in order to qualify to go to the Capitol for the final invasion?
3. In Chapter 13, what word does Katniss use to describe Peeta's mental condition after his return from the Capitol?
4. In Chapter 12, where does Cressida film Katniss talking about Peeta?
5. In Chapter 24, Katniss learns that the Peacekeepers are forcing people to take in strangers for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what reasons does the author give for District 2 to remain on the side of the Capitol?
2. In Chapter 24, Katniss and her squad hear a report on television about new policies in the Capitol. What are these policies and how does Katniss hope to use them?
3. Throughout the latter chapters of the book, what question does Peeta constantly ask and/or answer when he has memories that he is unsure of?
4. At the end of Chapter 19, why is Katniss' squad in the Capitol? What happens to Boggs?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Finnick accuse Snow of using to keep his political rivals away? How does this relate to the roses that have become Snow's symbol?
6. In Chapter 27, Katniss is placed under arrest for what crime? What is her punishment?
7. In Chapter 24, what does Gale say will be the deciding factor in Katniss choosing between Gale and Peeta as lovers?
8. In Chapter 24, how do Katniss and Gale become separated as they make their way to the Presidential mansion?
9. In Chapter 12, why does Katniss finally submit to an interview about Peeta?
10. In Chapter 16, Katniss is back in the hospital in District 13. How was Katniss injured? Who does she find in her room as she recovers?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)