|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, who joins Katniss in District 12 after her return?
2. In Chapter 17, why does Coin tell Katniss will be with the rebel forces going to the Capitol but Katniss will not?
(a) Gale has trained, Katniss has not.
(b) Gale has been given the assignment of executing Snow.
(c) Katniss is too important as the mockingjay.
(d) Gale is a better soldier.
3. In Chapter 22, how does Katniss stop the mutts momentarily from following them?
(a) She shoots an arrow into a gas pipe.
(b) She drops a bomb into the tunnels.
(c) She instructs the Holo to self destruct.
(d) She sets off an exploding arrow.
4. In Chapter 26, who does Katniss recall telling her that she is a liability to Coin?
5. In Chapter 12, where does Cressida film Katniss talking about Peeta?
(a) In the underground bunker at District 13.
(b) Above ground at District 13.
(c) In District 12.
(d) In the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, who does Katniss turn to for advice in deciding what to do about killing Snow?
2. In Chapter 22, how does the author use the scent of roses?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Haymitch say Snow could not use him after his win in the Hunger Games?
4. In Chapter 17, what is Peeta wearing when he appears in the dining hall for the first time?
5. In Chapter 22, what does Katniss recall a group of jabberjays did during one of the Hunger Games in which she was a tribute?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 27, Katniss is placed under arrest for what crime? What is her punishment?
2. In Chapter 24, who does Katniss see in the City Circle just as bombs begin to descend on them?
3. In Chapter 22, Katniss smells something on the mutts that causes her to feel true fear. What does she smell?
4. In Chapter 20, what lie does Katniss tell her squad? For what reason?
5. In Chapter 26, Katniss is set to execute Snow for his crimes against the districts. Why does Katniss suddenly suffer doubts? What does she do?
6. In Chapter 12, why does Katniss finally submit to an interview about Peeta?
7. In Chapter 20, why does Mitchell attack Peeta? What is the result of this attack?
8. At the end of Chapter 22, why does Katniss kiss Peeta and beg him to stay with her?
9. In Chapter 19, who does Katniss believe Coin has sent to kill her as she waits with her unit to go into the Capitol? Why?
10. In Chapter 15, Katniss argues with Gale over his plan to trap hundreds of people inside a mountain compound in District 2 known as the Nut. Why does Gale want to do this? Why does Katniss argue against it? What is the result?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)