|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Plutarch and Fulvia.
(b) Haymitch and Prim.
(c) Her mother and Coin.
(d) Gale and Prim.
2. In Chapter 10, who did Snow kill in the past that Katniss truly loved?
(a) Her father.
3. In Chapter 5, whose voice is Katniss surprised to hear after the filming of the propos?
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
4. In Chapter 9, why is it so important that the rebels gain control of District 3?
(a) It is the wealthiest district.
(b) It is the district that manufactures weapons.
(c) It is the main food supply for the districts.
(d) It is the district that manufactures electronics.
5. In Chapter 2, why is District 13 mostly an underground community?
(a) They moved underground to survive after they were bombed after the Dark Days.
(b) They moved underground to escape mutts in the woods.
(c) They moved underground to hide from Capitol spies.
(d) They moved underground to mine coal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
2. In what point of view is Mockingjay written in?
3. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
4. In Chapter 6, what district does Katniss learn supplies a great many of the people who become Peacekeepers for the Capitol?
5. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Katniss's prep team begin the process of beautifying her body?
2. In Chapter 3, what conditions does Katniss place on her agreement to be the Mockingjay, a symbol for the rebellion?
3. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
4. In Chapter 8, Katniss watches the new propos again with Finnick. What does Katniss see after the propos is over? Why does she lie about seeing it?
5. At the end of Chapter 5, what does Haymitch say when he hears the replay of the propos that Katniss has just made, her first propos as the Mockingjay?
6. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
7. In Chapter 7, why has Katniss come to District 8? What kind of welcome does she receive?
8. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
9. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
10. In Chapter 10, Katniss has a chance to speak with her sister for the first time in weeks. What does Katniss learn about her sister that both surprises her and makes her happy?
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)