|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who has been assigned to act as Katniss' bodyguards while she is in District 8?
(a) Haymitch and Plutarch.
(b) Boggs and Plutarch.
(c) Gale and Haymitch.
(d) Boggs and Gale.
2. In Chapter 9, who taught Katniss the song she sings to the film crew?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. In Chapter 6, who defends District 13's decision to remain in hiding during the last seventy-five years since the Dark Days?
4. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
(a) To wait with her girlfriends.
(b) To check on the elderly.
(c) To care for the orphaned children.
(d) To help at the first aid station.
5. In what point of view is Mockingjay written in?
(a) Third person.
(b) Authorial voice.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what causes Katniss to finally fully comprehend Snow's control over her while he holds Peeta?
2. What is a mockingjay?
3. In Chapter 11, who else does Katniss learn the rescue team will attempt to rescue with Peeta?
4. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
5. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Katniss has a chance to speak with her sister for the first time in weeks. What does Katniss learn about her sister that both surprises her and makes her happy?
2. At the end of Chapter 19, why is Katniss' squad in the Capitol? What happens to Boggs?
3. In Chapter 24, who does Katniss see in the City Circle just as bombs begin to descend on them?
4. In Chapter 10, how does Katniss react to the image of Peeta being beaten on the broadcast? How does Haymitch respond?
5. In Chapter 18, who trains to go to the Capitol with Katniss? What is the result of this training?
6. Why has Katniss come to District 12 at the beginning of Chapter 1? What does she see?
7. In Chapter 10, who rescues Katniss' personal items from her District 13 quarters? What is among these possessions?
8. In Chapter 5, why does Katniss's prep team begin the process of beautifying her body?
9. In Chapter 19, who tells Katniss to be nice to Peeta? How does she fulfill this demand?
10. In Chapter 17, Katniss is angered when she learns she will not be with one of the military teams going to the Capitol. Why is Katniss upset? What does she do about it?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)