|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how did Boggs break his nose?
(a) Plutarch tripped him.
(b) Gale kicked him in the face as he climbed the latter to the roof.
(c) Katniss punched him.
(d) He ran into a door.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
(a) Propos talking about the dead tributes.
(b) Propos talking about Katniss' relationship with Peeta.
(c) Propos talking about Katniss' childhood in District 12.
(d) Propos talking about the abuses of Snow.
3. What genre is Mockingjay?
(d) Science fiction.
4. In Chapter 11, how long are the residents of District 13 forced to remain in their bunker before it is deemed safe to return to the higher levels of the compound?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three months.
5. What is an Avox?
(a) Someone who has had their tongue removed as punishment.
(b) Someone with a birth defect similar to Down's Syndrome.
(c) Someone born to wealth.
(d) Someone who has had their eyes removed as punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what reason has District 13 had to assume the Capitol would not attempt to bomb their district?
2. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
3. In Chapter 7, in what type of building is the makeshift hospital Katniss' visits in District 8?
4. In Chapter 6, who defends District 13's decision to remain in hiding during the last seventy-five years since the Dark Days?
5. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Finnick accuse Snow of using to keep his political rivals away? How does this relate to the roses that have become Snow's symbol?
2. In Chapter 19, who tells Katniss to be nice to Peeta? How does she fulfill this demand?
3. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
4. Why has Katniss come to District 12 at the beginning of Chapter 1? What does she see?
5. In Chapter 19, who does Katniss believe Coin has sent to kill her as she waits with her unit to go into the Capitol? Why?
6. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
7. In Chapter 7, why has Katniss come to District 8? What kind of welcome does she receive?
8. In Chapter 21, Katniss and her squad begin to move deeper into the city. How do they travel? What trouble comes after them at the end of the chapter?
9. What did Katniss mean when she told the Capitol if 'we burn you burn with us'?
10. In Chapter 21, whose death is announced twice on the special television broadcast in the Capitol? What impact does this announcement have?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)