|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Plutarch and Fulvia.
(b) Gale and Prim.
(c) Her mother and Coin.
(d) Haymitch and Prim.
2. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss defy rebel leaders' orders?
(a) She draws attention to herself by standing on a rooftop and screaming.
(b) She causes Boggs to be injured by pushing him in front of a Peacekeeper.
(c) She removes her earpiece and participates in the defense of District 8.
(d) She orders the hovercraft to pick her up despite the danger.
3. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
(a) She might cause innocent bystanders to be injured.
(b) She might endanger the rebels with her.
(c) The Capitol Peacekeepers might try to kidnap her.
(d) The Capitol is unaware that she is alive and well.
4. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
(a) To care for the orphaned children.
(b) To wait with her girlfriends.
(c) To help at the first aid station.
(d) To check on the elderly.
5. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss travel to District 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
2. In Chapter 6, what district does Katniss learn supplies a great many of the people who become Peacekeepers for the Capitol?
3. In Chapter 10, what type of bomb does Prim tell Katniss the Capitol most likely used against District 13?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
5. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
2. In Chapter 24, what does Gale say will be the deciding factor in Katniss choosing between Gale and Peeta as lovers?
3. In Chapter 3, what conditions does Katniss place on her agreement to be the Mockingjay, a symbol for the rebellion?
4. In Chapter 21, Katniss and her squad begin to move deeper into the city. How do they travel? What trouble comes after them at the end of the chapter?
5. In Chapter 25, who does Katniss find tending to roses in the Presidential mansion? What does this person say to Katniss?
6. In Chapter 20, what lie does Katniss tell her squad? For what reason?
7. At the end of Chapter 22, why does Katniss kiss Peeta and beg him to stay with her?
8. Throughout the latter chapters of the book, what question does Peeta constantly ask and/or answer when he has memories that he is unsure of?
9. What are tracker jackers? How do the doctors believe in chapter 13 they were used to brainwash Peeta?
10. In Chapter 10, how does Katniss react to the image of Peeta being beaten on the broadcast? How does Haymitch respond?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)