|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who defends District 13's decision to remain in hiding during the last seventy-five years since the Dark Days?
2. In Chapter 10, who did Snow kill in the past that Katniss truly loved?
(b) Her father.
3. In Chapter 11, who else does Katniss learn the rescue team will attempt to rescue with Peeta?
4. In Chapter 4, who is one of the cooks in District 13?
(a) Greasy Sae.
5. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
(a) To wait with her girlfriends.
(b) To care for the orphaned children.
(c) To check on the elderly.
(d) To help at the first aid station.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what symbolic image did Beetee add to the propos featuring Katniss in District 8?
2. In Chapter 10, who does Katniss realize she has not spend much time speaking to in the past few weeks?
3. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
4. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
2. Where is Katniss living in Chapter 2? What does she think of this place?
3. In Chapter 11, Katniss ponders the question of what it will take to break her. What does Katniss realize is the answer?
4. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
5. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
6. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
7. Why has Katniss come to District 12 at the beginning of Chapter 1? What does she see?
8. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
9. In Chapter 10, what instructions does Plutarch give to Katniss? For what reason?
10. In Chapter 11, with whom does Katniss talk about her feelings for Peeta? What does this person have in common with Katniss' current circumstances?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)