|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
(a) They might frighten one another with their reactions to their individual pain.
(b) They make too easy a target.
(c) They are taking up space that could be used for something else.
(d) They might infect one another with undiagnosed illnesses.
2. In Chapter 9, where did Peeta make his home prior to the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
(a) A shoe store.
(b) A drug store.
(c) A butcher's shop.
(d) A bakery.
3. In Chapter 10, who does Katniss realize she has not spend much time speaking to in the past few weeks?
(d) Her mother.
4. Where is Mockingjay set?
(a) The fictional country of Panem.
(b) A futuristic New York City.
(c) The fictional planet of Panem.
(d) A futuristic Chicago.
5. In Chapter 8, who comes into Katniss' hospital room to watch the latest propo with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who tells Katniss that President Snow will more than likely not kill Peeta?
2. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
3. In Chapter 7, who has been assigned to act as Katniss' bodyguards while she is in District 8?
4. In Chapter 6, who defends District 13's decision to remain in hiding during the last seventy-five years since the Dark Days?
5. In Chapter 10, what type of bomb does Prim tell Katniss the Capitol most likely used against District 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Katniss see on the Capitol television broadcast in Chapter 2? How does this make her feel?
2. Why has Katniss come to District 12 at the beginning of Chapter 1? What does she see?
3. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
4. In Chapter 9, Katniss sings a song that has a history in her family. What is the song about and why did her mother force her to stop singing it?
5. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
6. In Chapter 11, with whom does Katniss talk about her feelings for Peeta? What does this person have in common with Katniss' current circumstances?
7. In Chapter 7, what excuse is given for Katniss' disappearance after the Quarter Quell and sudden reappearance in District 8?
8. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
9. Where is Katniss living in Chapter 2? What does she think of this place?
10. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)