|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
(a) She might cause innocent bystanders to be injured.
(b) She might endanger the rebels with her.
(c) The Capitol is unaware that she is alive and well.
(d) The Capitol Peacekeepers might try to kidnap her.
2. In Chapter 6, what type of weapon is Finnick known for using in the Hunger Games?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A sickle.
(c) A trident.
(d) A gun.
3. In Chapter 9, why is it so important that the rebels gain control of District 3?
(a) It is the wealthiest district.
(b) It is the main food supply for the districts.
(c) It is the district that manufactures electronics.
(d) It is the district that manufactures weapons.
4. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss dub the game she plays with the cat to pass the time?
(a) Stupid Cat.
(b) Light Madness.
(c) Trick the Cat.
(d) Crazy Cat.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Katniss learn Snow told the people of Panem was his reason for bombing District 8?
(a) To kill Katniss.
(b) To teach the rebels a lesson.
(c) To stop District 8 from building weapons.
(d) To end the suffering of the District 8 wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
2. In Chapter 11, who else does Katniss learn the rescue team will attempt to rescue with Peeta?
3. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
4. In Chapter 2, how do the citizens of District 13 get their schedules each day?
5. In Chapter 10, who brings Prim into the bunker?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, why does Katniss kiss Peeta and beg him to stay with her?
2. In Chapter 9, Katniss sings a song that has a history in her family. What is the song about and why did her mother force her to stop singing it?
3. In Chapter 23, where does Cressida find refuge for Katniss' squad?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Katniss discover has been done to modify Gale's traps? How does she feel about this?
5. In Chapter 24, Katniss and her squad hear a report on television about new policies in the Capitol. What are these policies and how does Katniss hope to use them?
6. In Chapter 12, why does Katniss finally submit to an interview about Peeta?
7. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
8. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss rush out of the safety bunker as they are beginning to close the doors?
9. In Chapter 16, Katniss is back in the hospital in District 13. How was Katniss injured? Who does she find in her room as she recovers?
10. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)