|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
(a) Propos talking about the abuses of Snow.
(b) Propos talking about the dead tributes.
(c) Propos talking about Katniss' childhood in District 12.
(d) Propos talking about Katniss' relationship with Peeta.
2. In Chapter 9, what does the remnants of the gallows remind Gale of in District 12?
(a) Of when his brother was beaten for skipping school.
(b) Of when his father was hung for stealing.
(c) Of when he was imprisoned for stealing.
(d) Of when he was beaten for hunting.
3. In Chapter 3, with whom does Katniss discuss her decision to become the mockingjay, the symbol of the rebellion?
4. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
(a) A set of arrows with GPS.
(b) A knife with a propulsion system.
(c) A gun with a laser sight.
(d) A bow that responds to her voice.
5. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
(a) A sitcom.
(b) A talk show.
(c) A propoganda film.
(d) An independent film.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
2. In Chapter 7, who films the entire attack by the Capitol Peacekeepers?
3. In Chapter 6, what district does Katniss learn supplies a great many of the people who become Peacekeepers for the Capitol?
4. In Chapter 4, who is the only person Katniss trusts to care for her injured friends?
5. In Chapter 3, what activity does Katniss ask permission for she and Gale to take part in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Katniss mean when she told the Capitol if 'we burn you burn with us'?
2. In Chapter 10, what instructions does Plutarch give to Katniss? For what reason?
3. In Chapter 5, why does Katniss's prep team begin the process of beautifying her body?
4. Who does Katniss see on the Capitol television broadcast in Chapter 2? How does this make her feel?
5. At the end of Chapter 5, what does Haymitch say when he hears the replay of the propos that Katniss has just made, her first propos as the Mockingjay?
6. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
7. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
8. In Chapter 11, Katniss ponders the question of what it will take to break her. What does Katniss realize is the answer?
9. In Chapter 9, Katniss sings a song that has a history in her family. What is the song about and why did her mother force her to stop singing it?
10. In Chapter 10, Katniss has a chance to speak with her sister for the first time in weeks. What does Katniss learn about her sister that both surprises her and makes her happy?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)