Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what symbolic item does Katniss find in her bedroom in the house at the Victor's village?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A carnation.
(c) A rose.
(d) A marigold.
2. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(d) President Coin.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Katniss learn Snow told the people of Panem was his reason for bombing District 8?
(a) To stop District 8 from building weapons.
(b) To teach the rebels a lesson.
(c) To end the suffering of the District 8 wounded.
(d) To kill Katniss.
4. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
(a) Plutarch's wife.
(b) Haymitch's girlfriend.
(c) The mayor of District 12.
(d) The president of District 13.
5. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
(a) An independent film.
(b) A propoganda film.
(c) A talk show.
(d) A sitcom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what causes a fight between Katniss and Gale?
2. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
3. In Chapter 7, who films the entire attack by the Capitol Peacekeepers?
4. In Chapter 2, why is District 13 mostly an underground community?
5. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
2. In Chapter 27, Katniss is placed under arrest for what crime? What is her punishment?
3. In Chapter 16, Katniss is back in the hospital in District 13. How was Katniss injured? Who does she find in her room as she recovers?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
5. In Chapter 10, how does Katniss react to the image of Peeta being beaten on the broadcast? How does Haymitch respond?
6. Why has Katniss come to District 12 at the beginning of Chapter 1? What does she see?
7. In Chapter 20, why does Mitchell attack Peeta? What is the result of this attack?
8. In Chapter 26, Katniss is set to execute Snow for his crimes against the districts. Why does Katniss suddenly suffer doubts? What does she do?
9. In Chapter 21, Katniss and her squad begin to move deeper into the city. How do they travel? What trouble comes after them at the end of the chapter?
10. In Chapter 21, what does Peeta want the squad to do with him? Who promises to do just that if it becomes necessary?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)