|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who doubts Peeta's warning at first due to his multiple requests that the rebels surrender?
(b) President Coin.
2. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
(a) Katniss' decision to be a military leader in the rebellion.
(b) Katniss' role as assassin of Snow.
(c) The strategy the rebels plan to take against the Capitol.
(d) Immunity for the surviving tributes of the Quarter Quell.
3. In Chapter 1, what litters the road from District 12's village to the Victor's village?
(a) Fallen trees.
(b) Building debris.
4. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss travel to District 8?
5. In Chapter 10, who brings Prim into the bunker?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
2. In Chapter 7, who films the entire attack by the Capitol Peacekeepers?
3. In Chapter 4, who is one of the cooks in District 13?
4. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
5. In Chapter 1, what happened in District 12 as Katniss was rescued from the Quarter Quell arena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Katniss mean when she told the Capitol if 'we burn you burn with us'?
2. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
3. Who does Katniss find in the Victor's village house she once shared with her sister and mother? What is Katniss' relationship with this creature?
4. In Chapter 8, Katniss watches the new propos again with Finnick. What does Katniss see after the propos is over? Why does she lie about seeing it?
5. In Chapter 7, what happens as Katniss and her team leave the hospital at District 8?
6. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
7. In Chapter 7, why has Katniss come to District 8? What kind of welcome does she receive?
8. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss rush out of the safety bunker as they are beginning to close the doors?
9. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
10. Who does Katniss see on the Capitol television broadcast in Chapter 2? How does this make her feel?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)