|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
(a) A knife with a propulsion system.
(b) A bow that responds to her voice.
(c) A set of arrows with GPS.
(d) A gun with a laser sight.
2. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
(a) The Capitol is unaware that she is alive and well.
(b) The Capitol Peacekeepers might try to kidnap her.
(c) She might endanger the rebels with her.
(d) She might cause innocent bystanders to be injured.
3. In Chapter 9, what type of bird does Katniss sing to while filming in District 12?
(a) A jabber jay.
(b) A jay bird.
(c) A mockingjay.
(d) A mocking bird.
4. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss travel to District 8?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
(a) The arachnids.
(b) The insects.
(c) The cockroaches.
(d) The spiders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who has been assigned to act as Katniss' bodyguards while she is in District 8?
2. In Chapter 8, who comes into Katniss' hospital room to watch the latest propo with her?
3. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
4. In Chapter 8, who interviews Peeta in a Capitol followup of Katniss' propo?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
2. In Chapter 3, what conditions does Katniss place on her agreement to be the Mockingjay, a symbol for the rebellion?
3. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
4. In Chapter 11, with whom does Katniss talk about her feelings for Peeta? What does this person have in common with Katniss' current circumstances?
5. Why has Katniss come to District 12 at the beginning of Chapter 1? What does she see?
6. In Chapter 10, who rescues Katniss' personal items from her District 13 quarters? What is among these possessions?
7. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
8. At the end of Chapter 5, what does Haymitch say when he hears the replay of the propos that Katniss has just made, her first propos as the Mockingjay?
9. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
10. In Chapter 11, Katniss ponders the question of what it will take to break her. What does Katniss realize is the answer?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)