|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
(a) The hospital.
(b) District 12.
(d) Their compartment.
2. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
(a) To punish Snow for his attack on District 13.
(b) To finally finish what was started during the Quarter Quell.
(c) They need Katniss to perform and she cannot as long as Snow has Peeta.
(d) To reward him for warning them of the Capitol attack.
3. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 2.
(b) Level 5.
(c) Level 1.
(d) Level 3.
4. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
5. In Chapter 5, whose voice is Katniss surprised to hear after the filming of the propos?
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what district does Katniss learn supplies a great many of the people who become Peacekeepers for the Capitol?
2. In Chapter 11, why does Coin want Katniss, Finnick, Gale, and Boggs to go above ground and be filmed checking out the damage done by the Capitol bombs?
3. In Chapter 10, who brings Prim into the bunker?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss dub the game she plays with the cat to pass the time?
5. In Chapter 11, why does Finnick say he never told Annie anything about what Snow was forcing him to do as victor of the Hunger Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
2. In Chapter 10, who rescues Katniss' personal items from her District 13 quarters? What is among these possessions?
3. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
4. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss rush out of the safety bunker as they are beginning to close the doors?
5. In Chapter 7, what excuse is given for Katniss' disappearance after the Quarter Quell and sudden reappearance in District 8?
6. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
7. Why has Katniss come to District 12 at the beginning of Chapter 1? What does she see?
8. In Chapter 10, what instructions does Plutarch give to Katniss? For what reason?
9. In Chapter 11, with whom does Katniss talk about her feelings for Peeta? What does this person have in common with Katniss' current circumstances?
10. In Chapter 10, how does Katniss react to the image of Peeta being beaten on the broadcast? How does Haymitch respond?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)