|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss dub the game she plays with the cat to pass the time?
(a) Stupid Cat.
(b) Trick the Cat.
(c) Crazy Cat.
(d) Light Madness.
2. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
(a) The president of District 13.
(b) Haymitch's girlfriend.
(c) The mayor of District 12.
(d) Plutarch's wife.
3. In Chapter 9, where did Peeta make his home prior to the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
(a) A shoe store.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A butcher's shop.
(d) A drug store.
4. In Chapter 11, how does Katniss spend a great deal of her time waiting to be released from the underground bunker?
(a) Trying to figure out how to better protect her mother and sister.
(b) Wondering how her sister became so mature.
(c) Wondering what it would take to break her.
(d) Helping her mother care for the sick and injured.
5. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Haymitch threaten to do if Katniss ever removes her earpiece again?
2. In Chapter 6, what are the names of the pills Plutarch gives to Katniss before she leaves to make an appearance in District 8?
3. In Chapter 11, how much time does Bogg say Peeta's warning gave the leadership of District 13?
4. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
5. In Chapter 6, what district does Katniss learn supplies a great many of the people who become Peacekeepers for the Capitol?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Katniss find in the Victor's village house she once shared with her sister and mother? What is Katniss' relationship with this creature?
2. In Chapter 3, what conditions does Katniss place on her agreement to be the Mockingjay, a symbol for the rebellion?
3. In Chapter 10, who rescues Katniss' personal items from her District 13 quarters? What is among these possessions?
4. What did Katniss mean when she told the Capitol if 'we burn you burn with us'?
5. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
6. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
7. In Chapter 9, Katniss sings a song that has a history in her family. What is the song about and why did her mother force her to stop singing it?
8. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
9. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
10. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss rush out of the safety bunker as they are beginning to close the doors?
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)