|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Katniss learn Snow told the people of Panem was his reason for bombing District 8?
(a) To end the suffering of the District 8 wounded.
(b) To stop District 8 from building weapons.
(c) To teach the rebels a lesson.
(d) To kill Katniss.
2. In Chapter 9, what persists in disturbing Katniss' sleep after seeing Peeta on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Finnick's nightmares.
(d) Her mother's fear.
3. In Chapter 8, who interviews Peeta in a Capitol followup of Katniss' propo?
(a) Caesar Flickman.
(d) President Snow.
4. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
(a) The hospital.
(c) Their compartment.
(d) District 12.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss believe the game she plays with the cat is a metaphor of?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Snow's control over Peeta.
(c) Her life in general.
(d) Her role as the mockingjay.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
2. In Chapter 11, why does Finnick say he never told Annie anything about what Snow was forcing him to do as victor of the Hunger Games?
3. In Chapter 10, who tells Katniss that President Snow will more than likely not kill Peeta?
4. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
5. In Chapter 10, what reason has District 13 had to assume the Capitol would not attempt to bomb their district?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
2. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
3. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
4. At the end of Chapter 11, Haymitch tells Katniss that a rescue party has been formed. For what purpose?
5. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss rush out of the safety bunker as they are beginning to close the doors?
6. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
7. In Chapter 7, why has Katniss come to District 8? What kind of welcome does she receive?
8. In Chapter 3, what conditions does Katniss place on her agreement to be the Mockingjay, a symbol for the rebellion?
9. Who does Katniss find in the Victor's village house she once shared with her sister and mother? What is Katniss' relationship with this creature?
10. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
This section contains 1,352 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)