|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how does Katniss spend a great deal of her time waiting to be released from the underground bunker?
(a) Helping her mother care for the sick and injured.
(b) Wondering how her sister became so mature.
(c) Wondering what it would take to break her.
(d) Trying to figure out how to better protect her mother and sister.
2. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(d) President Coin.
3. In Chapter 8, who comes into Katniss' hospital room to watch the latest propo with her?
4. In Chapter 10, who doubts Peeta's warning at first due to his multiple requests that the rebels surrender?
(b) President Coin.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Haymitch threaten to do if Katniss ever removes her earpiece again?
(a) Put her into combat.
(b) Make her wear a helmet or have the earpiece surgically implanted in her ear.
(c) Have her arrested.
(d) Give someone else the honor of being the mockingjay.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Katniss learn that Peeta is still alive after being taken hostage by the Capitol out of the Quarter Quell arena?
2. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
3. What is an Avox?
4. In Chapter 5, whose voice is Katniss surprised to hear after the filming of the propos?
5. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss defy rebel leaders' orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Katniss ponders the question of what it will take to break her. What does Katniss realize is the answer?
2. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
3. In Chapter 8, Katniss watches the new propos again with Finnick. What does Katniss see after the propos is over? Why does she lie about seeing it?
4. In Chapter 9, Katniss sings a song that has a history in her family. What is the song about and why did her mother force her to stop singing it?
5. In Chapter 10, who rescues Katniss' personal items from her District 13 quarters? What is among these possessions?
6. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
7. At the end of Chapter 5, what does Haymitch say when he hears the replay of the propos that Katniss has just made, her first propos as the Mockingjay?
8. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
9. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
10. In Chapter 10, what instructions does Plutarch give to Katniss? For what reason?
This section contains 1,456 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)