|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who taught Katniss the song she sings to the film crew?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
2. In what point of view is Mockingjay written in?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Authorial voice.
(d) First person.
3. In Chapter 11, why does Finnick say he never told Annie anything about what Snow was forcing him to do as victor of the Hunger Games?
(a) Because he was afraid she would do something rash.
(b) Because he did not think she would understand.
(c) To protect her from unnecessary information.
(d) To protect her from the Capitol.
4. In Chapter 3, when Katniss is shown the plans for the mockingjay costume, who does she learn drew them?
5. In Chapter 1, what symbolic item does Katniss find in her bedroom in the house at the Victor's village?
(a) A marigold.
(b) A rose.
(c) A daisy.
(d) A carnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss travel to District 8?
2. In Chapter 1, what happened in District 12 as Katniss was rescued from the Quarter Quell arena?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
4. In Chapter 10, who doubts Peeta's warning at first due to his multiple requests that the rebels surrender?
5. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
2. In Chapter 11, Katniss ponders the question of what it will take to break her. What does Katniss realize is the answer?
3. In Chapter 8, Katniss watches the new propos again with Finnick. What does Katniss see after the propos is over? Why does she lie about seeing it?
4. In Chapter 3, what conditions does Katniss place on her agreement to be the Mockingjay, a symbol for the rebellion?
5. In Chapter 9, Katniss sings a song that has a history in her family. What is the song about and why did her mother force her to stop singing it?
6. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
7. Who does Katniss see on the Capitol television broadcast in Chapter 2? How does this make her feel?
8. In Chapter 7, what happens as Katniss and her team leave the hospital at District 8?
9. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
10. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)