|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who has become the weapons expert in District 13?
2. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
(a) To imprison her.
(b) To help her find her design team.
(c) To show her new weapons in development.
(d) To reveal how dangerous it is to cross Coin.
3. In Chapter 8, how did Boggs break his nose?
(a) He ran into a door.
(b) Katniss punched him.
(c) Plutarch tripped him.
(d) Gale kicked him in the face as he climbed the latter to the roof.
4. In Chapter 1, what happened in District 12 as Katniss was rescued from the Quarter Quell arena?
(a) It was torched.
(b) It was hit by a tornado.
(c) It suffered an earthquake.
(d) It was bombed.
5. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
(a) Her mother, because she is always Katniss' rock of support.
(b) Gale, because he is her oldest friend.
(c) Prim, because she is the reason Katniss came to know Peeta.
(d) Haymitch, because he loves Peeta too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an Avox?
2. In Chapter 8, who interviews Peeta in a Capitol followup of Katniss' propo?
3. In Chapter 11, how long are the residents of District 13 forced to remain in their bunker before it is deemed safe to return to the higher levels of the compound?
4. In Chapter 3, with whom does Katniss discuss her decision to become the mockingjay, the symbol of the rebellion?
5. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what excuse is given for Katniss' disappearance after the Quarter Quell and sudden reappearance in District 8?
2. In Chapter 10, how does Katniss react to the image of Peeta being beaten on the broadcast? How does Haymitch respond?
3. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
4. In Chapter 8, Katniss watches the new propos again with Finnick. What does Katniss see after the propos is over? Why does she lie about seeing it?
5. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss rush out of the safety bunker as they are beginning to close the doors?
6. At the end of Chapter 5, what does Haymitch say when he hears the replay of the propos that Katniss has just made, her first propos as the Mockingjay?
7. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
8. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
9. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
10. At the end of Chapter 11, Haymitch tells Katniss that a rescue party has been formed. For what purpose?
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)