|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why does Coin want Katniss, Finnick, Gale, and Boggs to go above ground and be filmed checking out the damage done by the Capitol bombs?
(a) To see if the Capitol has sent a message.
(b) To prove the rebel military and the mockingjay are still alive and well.
(c) To begin repairs.
(d) To see what damage has been done and how it can be repaired.
2. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(c) President Coin.
3. In Chapter 7, what appears to have been the Capitol Peacekeeper's main target in the bombing of District 8?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The weapons warehouse.
(c) The community food storage warehouse.
(d) The airstrip.
4. In Chapter 11, how much time does Bogg say Peeta's warning gave the leadership of District 13?
(a) An hour.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) A day.
(d) Five minutes.
5. In Chapter 5, whose voice is Katniss surprised to hear after the filming of the propos?
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
2. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
3. In Chapter 10, who did Snow kill in the past that Katniss truly loved?
4. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
5. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Katniss watches the new propos again with Finnick. What does Katniss see after the propos is over? Why does she lie about seeing it?
2. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
3. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
5. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
6. In Chapter 11, Katniss ponders the question of what it will take to break her. What does Katniss realize is the answer?
7. In Chapter 3, what conditions does Katniss place on her agreement to be the Mockingjay, a symbol for the rebellion?
8. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
9. In Chapter 7, why has Katniss come to District 8? What kind of welcome does she receive?
10. In Chapter 10, what instructions does Plutarch give to Katniss? For what reason?
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)