|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
(a) It would be too emotional.
(b) He does not want to spend that much time with Katniss.
(c) He has few memories of his early life there.
(d) He has better things to do.
2. In Chapter 1, what symbolic item does Katniss find in her bedroom in the house at the Victor's village?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A marigold.
(c) A carnation.
(d) A rose.
3. In Chapter 9, what type of bird does Katniss sing to while filming in District 12?
(a) A mockingjay.
(b) A mocking bird.
(c) A jay bird.
(d) A jabber jay.
4. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 2.
(b) Level 3.
(c) Level 5.
(d) Level 1.
5. In Chapter 10, who tells Katniss that President Snow will more than likely not kill Peeta?
(b) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who has been assigned to act as Katniss' bodyguards while she is in District 8?
2. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
3. In Chapter 11, how much time does Bogg say Peeta's warning gave the leadership of District 13?
4. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Katniss react to the image of Peeta being beaten on the broadcast? How does Haymitch respond?
2. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
3. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
4. In Chapter 7, why has Katniss come to District 8? What kind of welcome does she receive?
5. In Chapter 7, what excuse is given for Katniss' disappearance after the Quarter Quell and sudden reappearance in District 8?
6. In Chapter 9, Katniss sings a song that has a history in her family. What is the song about and why did her mother force her to stop singing it?
7. At the end of Chapter 11, Haymitch tells Katniss that a rescue party has been formed. For what purpose?
8. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
9. Who does Katniss find in the Victor's village house she once shared with her sister and mother? What is Katniss' relationship with this creature?
10. In Chapter 8, Katniss watches the new propos again with Finnick. What does Katniss see after the propos is over? Why does she lie about seeing it?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)