|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
(a) To get her family pictures.
(b) To get her father's death certificate.
(c) To get her cat.
(d) To get her medicine bag.
2. In Chapter 7, who films the entire attack by the Capitol Peacekeepers?
3. In Chapter 10, who tells Katniss that President Snow will more than likely not kill Peeta?
(c) Her mother.
4. In Chapter 8, what symbolic image did Beetee add to the propos featuring Katniss in District 8?
5. In Chapter 10, what reason has District 13 had to assume the Capitol would not attempt to bomb their district?
(a) They were assumed destroyed over seventy years ago.
(b) They manufacture nuclear weapons, a situation that would be too dangerous for the entire country.
(c) They never did anything to cause the Capitol to target them.
(d) They are underground and difficult to destroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who brings Prim into the bunker?
2. What genre is Mockingjay?
3. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember befriending during the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
4. In Chapter 1, what symbolic item does Katniss find in her bedroom in the house at the Victor's village?
5. In Chapter 6, what district does Katniss learn supplies a great many of the people who become Peacekeepers for the Capitol?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
2. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
3. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
4. In Chapter 7, why has Katniss come to District 8? What kind of welcome does she receive?
5. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss rush out of the safety bunker as they are beginning to close the doors?
6. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
7. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
8. In Chapter 10, Katniss has a chance to speak with her sister for the first time in weeks. What does Katniss learn about her sister that both surprises her and makes her happy?
9. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
10. In Chapter 10, what instructions does Plutarch give to Katniss? For what reason?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)