|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who taught Katniss the song she sings to the film crew?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
2. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
(a) It looks decorative.
(b) It appears poorly constructed.
(c) It seems too large for her.
(d) It appears too small for her.
3. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
(a) Propos talking about Katniss' relationship with Peeta.
(b) Propos talking about Katniss' childhood in District 12.
(c) Propos talking about the dead tributes.
(d) Propos talking about the abuses of Snow.
4. In Chapter 10, what reason has District 13 had to assume the Capitol would not attempt to bomb their district?
(a) They manufacture nuclear weapons, a situation that would be too dangerous for the entire country.
(b) They are underground and difficult to destroy.
(c) They never did anything to cause the Capitol to target them.
(d) They were assumed destroyed over seventy years ago.
5. In Chapter 1, what litters the road from District 12's village to the Victor's village?
(a) Fallen trees.
(b) Building debris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
2. In Chapter 5, who has become the weapons expert in District 13?
3. In Chapter 3, when Katniss is shown the plans for the mockingjay costume, who does she learn drew them?
4. In Chapter 8, where does Katniss learn that Coin and her advisers want to send her next?
5. In Chapter 11, why does Finnick say he never told Annie anything about what Snow was forcing him to do as victor of the Hunger Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Katniss living in Chapter 2? What does she think of this place?
2. Who does Katniss find in the Victor's village house she once shared with her sister and mother? What is Katniss' relationship with this creature?
3. In Chapter 7, why has Katniss come to District 8? What kind of welcome does she receive?
4. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
5. In Chapter 10, what instructions does Plutarch give to Katniss? For what reason?
6. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
7. In Chapter 7, what happens as Katniss and her team leave the hospital at District 8?
8. In Chapter 11, with whom does Katniss talk about her feelings for Peeta? What does this person have in common with Katniss' current circumstances?
9. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
10. At the end of Chapter 11, Haymitch tells Katniss that a rescue party has been formed. For what purpose?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)