|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, where does Katniss learn that Coin and her advisers want to send her next?
(a) To District 12.
(b) To the Capitol.
(c) Into confinement.
(d) Into combat.
2. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
(a) To get her father's death certificate.
(b) To get her family pictures.
(c) To get her medicine bag.
(d) To get her cat.
3. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss defy rebel leaders' orders?
(a) She draws attention to herself by standing on a rooftop and screaming.
(b) She causes Boggs to be injured by pushing him in front of a Peacekeeper.
(c) She removes her earpiece and participates in the defense of District 8.
(d) She orders the hovercraft to pick her up despite the danger.
4. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
5. In Chapter 11, why does Coin want Katniss, Finnick, Gale, and Boggs to go above ground and be filmed checking out the damage done by the Capitol bombs?
(a) To see what damage has been done and how it can be repaired.
(b) To begin repairs.
(c) To see if the Capitol has sent a message.
(d) To prove the rebel military and the mockingjay are still alive and well.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what reason has District 13 had to assume the Capitol would not attempt to bomb their district?
2. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
3. In Chapter 10, who does Katniss realize she has not spend much time speaking to in the past few weeks?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
5. In Chapter 4, who is one of the cooks in District 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
2. In Chapter 10, Katniss has a chance to speak with her sister for the first time in weeks. What does Katniss learn about her sister that both surprises her and makes her happy?
3. In Chapter 10, how does Katniss react to the image of Peeta being beaten on the broadcast? How does Haymitch respond?
4. In Chapter 7, what happens as Katniss and her team leave the hospital at District 8?
5. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
6. In Chapter 9, Katniss sings a song that has a history in her family. What is the song about and why did her mother force her to stop singing it?
7. Who does Katniss see on the Capitol television broadcast in Chapter 2? How does this make her feel?
8. In Chapter 7, what excuse is given for Katniss' disappearance after the Quarter Quell and sudden reappearance in District 8?
9. In Chapter 11, Katniss ponders the question of what it will take to break her. What does Katniss realize is the answer?
10. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
This section contains 1,421 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)