|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Plutarch and Fulvia.
(b) Her mother and Coin.
(c) Haymitch and Prim.
(d) Gale and Prim.
2. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
(a) It seems too large for her.
(b) It looks decorative.
(c) It appears too small for her.
(d) It appears poorly constructed.
3. In Chapter 10, what reason has District 13 had to assume the Capitol would not attempt to bomb their district?
(a) They manufacture nuclear weapons, a situation that would be too dangerous for the entire country.
(b) They were assumed destroyed over seventy years ago.
(c) They are underground and difficult to destroy.
(d) They never did anything to cause the Capitol to target them.
4. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
(a) To get her medicine bag.
(b) To get her family pictures.
(c) To get her father's death certificate.
(d) To get her cat.
5. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who films the entire attack by the Capitol Peacekeepers?
2. In Chapter 6, who defends District 13's decision to remain in hiding during the last seventy-five years since the Dark Days?
3. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
2. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
3. What did Katniss mean when she told the Capitol if 'we burn you burn with us'?
4. In Chapter 8, Katniss watches the new propos again with Finnick. What does Katniss see after the propos is over? Why does she lie about seeing it?
5. At the end of Chapter 5, what does Haymitch say when he hears the replay of the propos that Katniss has just made, her first propos as the Mockingjay?
6. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
7. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
8. In Chapter 9, Katniss sings a song that has a history in her family. What is the song about and why did her mother force her to stop singing it?
9. In Chapter 10, how does Katniss react to the image of Peeta being beaten on the broadcast? How does Haymitch respond?
10. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)