|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what persists in disturbing Katniss' sleep after seeing Peeta on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Her mother's fear.
(b) Finnick's nightmares.
2. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(d) President Coin.
3. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
(a) She suffered a concussion when Johanna Mason hit her in the Hunger Games arena.
(b) She has begun drinking too much.
(c) She is suffering from the effects of a brain tumor.
(d) She is on anti-psychotic drugs.
4. In Chapter 5, who has become the weapons expert in District 13?
5. In Chapter 9, who taught Katniss the song she sings to the film crew?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why does Finnick say he never told Annie anything about what Snow was forcing him to do as victor of the Hunger Games?
2. Where is Mockingjay set?
3. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
4. In Chapter 6, what are the names of the pills Plutarch gives to Katniss before she leaves to make an appearance in District 8?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 21, Katniss and her squad begin to move deeper into the city. How do they travel? What trouble comes after them at the end of the chapter?
2. In Chapter 15, Katniss argues with Gale over his plan to trap hundreds of people inside a mountain compound in District 2 known as the Nut. Why does Gale want to do this? Why does Katniss argue against it? What is the result?
3. In Chapter 10, who rescues Katniss' personal items from her District 13 quarters? What is among these possessions?
4. In Chapter 14, what reasons does the author give for District 2 to remain on the side of the Capitol?
5. In Chapter 21, what does Peeta want the squad to do with him? Who promises to do just that if it becomes necessary?
6. In Chapter 17, Katniss is angered when she learns she will not be with one of the military teams going to the Capitol. Why is Katniss upset? What does she do about it?
7. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
8. In Chapter 12, what does Finnick accuse Snow of using to keep his political rivals away? How does this relate to the roses that have become Snow's symbol?
9. In Chapter 25, where does Katniss wake after suffering from burns in the bombing in the City Circle?
10. In Chapter 7, why has Katniss come to District 8? What kind of welcome does she receive?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)