|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
2. In Chapter 3, what activity does Katniss ask permission for she and Gale to take part in?
3. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
(a) A bow that responds to her voice.
(b) A knife with a propulsion system.
(c) A set of arrows with GPS.
(d) A gun with a laser sight.
4. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
(a) It seems too large for her.
(b) It looks decorative.
(c) It appears too small for her.
(d) It appears poorly constructed.
5. In Chapter 6, what are the names of the pills Plutarch gives to Katniss before she leaves to make an appearance in District 8?
(a) Jabber jay.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, in what type of building is the makeshift hospital Katniss' visits in District 8?
2. In Chapter 10, who does Katniss realize she has not spend much time speaking to in the past few weeks?
3. In Chapter 6, what type of weapon is Finnick known for using in the Hunger Games?
4. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
5. In Chapter 10, who once told Katniss that the Capitol could no longer hurt her because there was no one she loved left?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what happens as Katniss and her team leave the hospital at District 8?
2. Who does Katniss see on the Capitol television broadcast in Chapter 2? How does this make her feel?
3. In Chapter 11, with whom does Katniss talk about her feelings for Peeta? What does this person have in common with Katniss' current circumstances?
4. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
5. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
6. In Chapter 11, Katniss ponders the question of what it will take to break her. What does Katniss realize is the answer?
7. What did Katniss mean when she told the Capitol if 'we burn you burn with us'?
8. Where is Katniss living in Chapter 2? What does she think of this place?
9. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
10. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss rush out of the safety bunker as they are beginning to close the doors?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)