|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who is the first to take Peeta's warning at face value?
(b) President Coin.
2. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
(a) They might infect one another with undiagnosed illnesses.
(b) They make too easy a target.
(c) They might frighten one another with their reactions to their individual pain.
(d) They are taking up space that could be used for something else.
3. In Chapter 10, who did Snow kill in the past that Katniss truly loved?
(d) Her father.
4. In Chapter 8, who interviews Peeta in a Capitol followup of Katniss' propo?
(a) President Snow.
(b) Caesar Flickman.
5. In Chapter 9, what is the significance of the lake where Katniss and Gale take the film crew?
(a) It is a place where Katniss's father once took her.
(b) It is where they got the food that helped their families survive before the Hunger Games.
(c) It is where Gale's father died.
(d) It is where they first met.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Katniss learn Snow told the people of Panem was his reason for bombing District 8?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Katniss learn that Peeta is still alive after being taken hostage by the Capitol out of the Quarter Quell arena?
3. In Chapter 8, where does Katniss learn that Coin and her advisers want to send her next?
4. In Chapter 6, what are the names of the pills Plutarch gives to Katniss before she leaves to make an appearance in District 8?
5. In Chapter 11, how long are the residents of District 13 forced to remain in their bunker before it is deemed safe to return to the higher levels of the compound?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 11, Haymitch tells Katniss that a rescue party has been formed. For what purpose?
2. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Katniss fear the most about the way in which Peeta is being treated by the Capitol? What does this say about Katniss' feelings for Peeta?
4. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
5. In Chapter 10, Katniss has a chance to speak with her sister for the first time in weeks. What does Katniss learn about her sister that both surprises her and makes her happy?
6. In Chapter 11, with whom does Katniss talk about her feelings for Peeta? What does this person have in common with Katniss' current circumstances?
7. Who does Katniss see on the Capitol television broadcast in Chapter 2? How does this make her feel?
8. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
9. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
10. At the end of Chapter 9, the Capitol airs Peeta once more. What message does Peeta give to Katniss via the broadcast? How does he offer this message? At what cost?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)