|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why does Plutarch tell Katniss that Peeta has begun joining the training workouts?
(a) For the exercise.
(b) So he can join the rebels in the Capitol.
(c) So he can support Katniss.
(d) For the propos.
2. In Chapter 18, what is the biggest part of Katniss' test to determine her eligibility to join the rebel military?
(a) To see if she can kill Peacekeepers.
(b) To see if she is capable of using multiple types of weapons.
(c) To see if she can follow orders.
(d) To see if she can kill Snow.
3. In Chapter 17, why does Peeta say that Gale saved his life on several occasions?
(a) For honor.
(b) For District 12.
(c) For Katniss.
(d) For friendship.
4. In Chapter 24, Katniss learns that the Peacekeepers are forcing people to take in strangers for what reason?
(a) To protect the citizens from the rebels.
(b) To house the refugees from the districts.
(c) To hide government officials.
(d) To house prisoners.
5. In Chapter 15, what does the blocking of the entrances to the Nut remind Katniss of?
(a) Her fear of close spaces.
(b) The cave-in that led to her father's death in the coal mines.
(c) Her days in the Hunger Games.
(d) Her childhood nightmares.
6. In Chapter 21, who leads Katniss and her squad through the tunnels under the Capitol?
(a) Leeg 1.
7. In Chapter 26, who agrees that there should be another Hunger Games under Coin's presidency?
(a) Peeta and Johanna.
(b) Johanna and Enobaria.
(c) Haymitch and Katniss.
(d) Annie and Enobaria.
8. In Chapter 26, who does Katniss learn has been kept a prisoner throughout the rebellion and is still alive?
9. In the Epilogue, why does Katniss imply she wrote her story down?
(a) To never forget.
(b) To tell her kids about the past.
(c) To help her nightmares.
(d) To help Peeta remember.
10. In Chapter 19, what does Katniss tell Peeta about his past?
(a) He was writer.
(b) He was an painter.
(c) He was a brilliant chemist.
(d) He was a gourmet cook.
11. In Chapter 20, who argues with Katniss' attempt to take control of the squad?
(c) Leeg 1.
12. In Chapter 25, what stops Katniss from drowning in her fevered dreams?
(a) Her sister in the shape of a bird.
(b) Her mother's voice.
(c) Peeta in the shape of a mockingjay.
(d) Haymitch's voice.
13. In Chapter 26, who does Katniss turn to for advice in deciding what to do about killing Snow?
14. In Chapter 25, who promises Katniss that she may execute Snow?
15. In Chapter 22, how does Katniss stop the mutts momentarily from following them?
(a) She sets off an exploding arrow.
(b) She shoots an arrow into a gas pipe.
(c) She drops a bomb into the tunnels.
(d) She instructs the Holo to self destruct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what name is the mutts calling in the tunnels as Katniss and her squad rests in a small control room?
2. In Chapter 19, who becomes the expert in filling Peeta in on his two trips to the Hunger Games?
3. Why does Katniss tell the reader she decided to have children despite a decision early in her life not to?
4. In Chapter 21, why does Katniss think she does not want to kill Peeta?
5. In Chapter 20, why does the Capitol and the rebels come to believe Katniss and her squad are dead?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)