|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what stops Katniss from drowning in her fevered dreams?
(a) Her sister in the shape of a bird.
(b) Her mother's voice.
(c) Peeta in the shape of a mockingjay.
(d) Haymitch's voice.
2. What is a Holo?
(a) A piece of equipment that requires a security clearance to operate.
(b) A watch with a secret compartment for cyanide pills.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A communicator.
3. In Chapter 18, what is the biggest part of Katniss' test to determine her eligibility to join the rebel military?
(a) To see if she can kill Peacekeepers.
(b) To see if she is capable of using multiple types of weapons.
(c) To see if she can kill Snow.
(d) To see if she can follow orders.
4. In Chapter 12, Finnick claims Snow used him in what way after his victory in the Hunger Games?
(a) As a slave in the Presidential mansion.
(b) As a reward to rich people who supported Snow.
(c) As a trainer to future Hunger Games contestants.
(d) As an unpaid advertiser for future Hunger Games.
5. In Chapter 18, why does Plutarch tell Katniss that Peeta has begun joining the training workouts?
(a) So he can join the rebels in the Capitol.
(b) For the exercise.
(c) For the propos.
(d) So he can support Katniss.
6. In Chapter 20, why does Katniss instruct the squad to get off the street?
(a) To hide from surveillance cameras.
(b) To regroup and decide what to do next.
(c) A pod filled with gel has set off other pods.
(d) To escape the Peacekeepers.
7. In Chapter 26, who does Katniss accuse of creating the bombs that went off in the City Circle?
(a) Plutarch and Beetee.
(c) Beetee and Gale.
8. In Chapter 23, who is Tigris?
(a) The owner of the fur shop.
(b) A friend of Gale's.
(c) One of Katniss' squad members.
(d) The owner of the shoe store.
9. In Chapter 26, who does Katniss recall telling her that she is a liability to Coin?
10. In Chapter 22, why does Katniss want to leave her squad behind?
(a) To protect Gale.
(b) To protect Peeta.
(c) To protect herself.
(d) To protect them.
11. In Chapter 19, why is there a film crew with Katniss' squad?
(a) To record Snow's death.
(b) To help the squad keep in touch with the rebel leaders.
(c) To record the end of the war.
(d) To make more propos.
12. In Chapter 15, what does the blocking of the entrances to the Nut remind Katniss of?
(a) Her days in the Hunger Games.
(b) Her fear of close spaces.
(c) Her childhood nightmares.
(d) The cave-in that led to her father's death in the coal mines.
13. In Chapter 22, what do the mutts remind Katniss of?
(b) Family pets.
(c) Old horror film monsters.
(d) Being in the Hunger Games arena.
14. In Chapter 19, how does Boggs deal with the danger Peeta presents for Katniss?
(a) He sends him back to District 13.
(b) He assigns around the clock guards for him.
(c) He permanently handcuffs him.
(d) He removes all weapons from Peeta's reach.
15. In Chapter 16, what word does Katniss hear Peeta utter in a dream brought on by her medications?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Katniss tell Peeta about his past?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Finnick agree to talk about Snow in front of the cameras?
3. In Chapter 15, where does Katniss take Gale while District 13 tries to decide what to do about the Nut?
4. In Chapter 22, what happens to a group of Peacekeepers who come after Katniss and her squad?
5. In Chapter 15, how do the rebels block the exits from the Nut?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)