|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what do the mutts remind Katniss of?
(a) Family pets.
(c) Old horror film monsters.
(d) Being in the Hunger Games arena.
2. In Chapter 23, who is Tigris?
(a) One of Katniss' squad members.
(b) The owner of the fur shop.
(c) A friend of Gale's.
(d) The owner of the shoe store.
3. In Chapter 15, why does Katniss confront the refugees rushing out of the Nut via the train tracks?
(a) To calm them and stop the fight between them and the rebels.
(b) To convince them their cause is the righteous one.
(c) To apologize for nearly killing them.
(d) To give them the option to return freely to the Capitol.
4. In Chapter 25, what stops Katniss from drowning in her fevered dreams?
(a) Haymitch's voice.
(b) Her sister in the shape of a bird.
(c) Her mother's voice.
(d) Peeta in the shape of a mockingjay.
5. In Chapter 22, how do Katniss and the survivors of her squad escape the tunnels?
(a) Through a sewer grate.
(b) Through a utility tunnel.
(c) Through a door to the underground train.
(d) Through a pipe that eventually leads into an apartment.
6. In Chapter 22, what name is the mutts calling in the tunnels as Katniss and her squad rests in a small control room?
7. In Chapter 26, why does Coin propose that there be a final Hunger Games?
(a) To get rid of a future generation of Capitol politicians.
(b) To decide who should inherit the presidency.
(c) To punish Snow and his remaining cabinet.
(d) To punish those who had the most power in the Capitol.
8. What is nightlock?
(a) The name of the poison berries Katniss threatened to eat at the end of the seventy-fourth Hunger Games.
(b) A type of stew.
(c) A poison that Snow has been known to use to kill his political enemies.
(d) A type of herb used to cure colds.
9. In Chapter 12, why does Finnick agree to talk about Snow in front of the cameras?
(a) To help Annie.
(b) To help rescue Peeta.
(c) To get some small revenge on Snow.
(d) To unburden himself.
10. In Chapter 23, who does Katniss overhear talking about her?
(a) Cressida and Pollux.
(b) Peeta and Gale.
(c) Peeta and Cressida.
(d) Pollux and Gale.
11. In Chapter 25, who promises Katniss that she may execute Snow?
12. In Chapter 24, who does Katniss see offering medical support to the children gathered in the City Circle?
(b) Her mother.
13. What is a Holo?
(a) A piece of equipment that requires a security clearance to operate.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A watch with a secret compartment for cyanide pills.
(d) A communicator.
14. In Chapter 16, what word does Katniss hear Peeta utter in a dream brought on by her medications?
15. In Chapter 19, why is there a film crew with Katniss' squad?
(a) To help the squad keep in touch with the rebel leaders.
(b) To make more propos.
(c) To record the end of the war.
(d) To record Snow's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, who is Katniss shocked to find has been assigned to her squad?
2. In Chapter 15, what does the blocking of the entrances to the Nut remind Katniss of?
3. In Chapter 26, who agrees that there should be another Hunger Games under Coin's presidency?
4. In Chapter 14, why is it important that the rebels control the Nut?
5. In Chapter 17, why does Coin tell Katniss will be with the rebel forces going to the Capitol but Katniss will not?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)