|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, how do Katniss and the survivors of her squad escape the tunnels?
(a) Through a utility tunnel.
(b) Through a door to the underground train.
(c) Through a pipe that eventually leads into an apartment.
(d) Through a sewer grate.
2. In Chapter 17, what is Peeta wearing when he appears in the dining hall for the first time?
(b) Prison stripes.
(c) A straight jacket.
3. In Chapter 12, why is Katniss afraid she will lose both Peeta and Gale?
(a) She is afraid Peeta will kill Gale and be arrested.
(b) She has heard their hovercraft has crashed.
(c) Gale is part of the team trying to rescue Peeta.
(d) She is afraid Gale will kill Peeta and be arrested.
4. In Chapter 17, why does Coin tell Katniss will be with the rebel forces going to the Capitol but Katniss will not?
(a) Gale is a better soldier.
(b) Gale has trained, Katniss has not.
(c) Katniss is too important as the mockingjay.
(d) Gale has been given the assignment of executing Snow.
5. In Chapter 23, what does Katniss decide she must do to protect the rest of her squad members?
(a) Send her squad mates back to the base camp.
(b) Turn her squad members in.
(c) Call Coin for transport out of the Capitol.
(d) Turn herself in.
6. In Chapter 12, where does Cressida film Katniss talking about Peeta?
(a) In the underground bunker at District 13.
(b) In District 12.
(c) Above ground at District 13.
(d) In the hospital.
7. In Chapter 22, whose eyes does Katniss believe the mutts have?
(a) Those of the dead tributes.
(b) Those of her family members.
(c) Those of Haymitch and Peeta.
(d) Those of Snow and Coin.
8. What is nightlock?
(a) A type of herb used to cure colds.
(b) A poison that Snow has been known to use to kill his political enemies.
(c) The name of the poison berries Katniss threatened to eat at the end of the seventy-fourth Hunger Games.
(d) A type of stew.
9. In Chapter 16, where does Plutarch say the name Panem came from?
(a) A Latin phrase that translates to Bread and Circuses.
(b) A French phrase that translates to Parties and Payment.
(c) A Hemingway novel.
(d) A Shakespeare play.
10. In Chapter 27, who joins Katniss in District 12 after her return?
11. In Chapter 24, who begins to shoot as Katniss and Gale make their way to the City Circle?
(a) Frightened citizens.
(c) Confused government officials.
(d) The rebels.
12. In Chapter 13, what do Haymitch and Plutarch think the point was of distorting Peeta's memories of Katniss with tracker jacker venom?
(a) To force Katniss to choose Gale over Peeta.
(b) To turn him into her assassin.
(c) To take away Peeta's last happiness.
(d) To take away Katniss' final hope of happiness.
13. In Chapter 20, how does Peeta kill Mitchell?
(a) He beats him over the head.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He kicks him into a pod that encases him in a barbedwire net.
14. In Chapter 15, what memory does Katniss learn Peeta has had of the past that did not upset him?
(a) A memory of the day he gave her a loaf of bread.
(b) A memory of the first time he saw her in the classroom.
(c) A memory of her father singing.
(d) A memory of her mother helping a neighbor with an injury.
15. In Chapter 26, who does Katniss recall telling her that she is a liability to Coin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, who does Katniss see offering medical support to the children gathered in the City Circle?
2. In Chapter 27, who takes Katniss back to District 12?
3. In Chapter 20, why does Katniss instruct the squad to get off the street?
4. In Chapter 19, why is Katniss' squad laughing in the moments before Boggs sets off a bomb?
5. In Chapter 19, what does Peeta think was his fault do to his brainwashing at the hands of the Capitol?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)