|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who becomes the expert in filling Peeta in on his two trips to the Hunger Games?
2. In Chapter 20, why does Katniss instruct the squad to get off the street?
(a) To hide from surveillance cameras.
(b) To regroup and decide what to do next.
(c) To escape the Peacekeepers.
(d) A pod filled with gel has set off other pods.
3. In Chapter 18, who is Katniss shocked to find has been assigned to her squad?
4. In Chapter 13, what kind of wound did Gale suffer while attempting to rescue Peeta?
(a) A gunshot wound.
(b) A broken nose.
(c) A dog bite.
(d) A shoulder wound.
5. In Chapter 13, who does Plutarch bring to see Peeta in hopes of helping him overcome the brainwashing he suffered at the hands of the Capitol?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
6. In Chapter 12, why does Haymitch say Snow could not use him after his win in the Hunger Games?
(a) He was already too much of an alcoholic.
(b) He cheated at the games.
(c) He was undesirable due to his depressing attitude.
(d) His family and lover were dead.
7. In Chapter 19, how does Boggs deal with the danger Peeta presents for Katniss?
(a) He assigns around the clock guards for him.
(b) He sends him back to District 13.
(c) He permanently handcuffs him.
(d) He removes all weapons from Peeta's reach.
8. In Chapter 23, what does Katniss decide she must do to protect the rest of her squad members?
(a) Turn herself in.
(b) Call Coin for transport out of the Capitol.
(c) Send her squad mates back to the base camp.
(d) Turn her squad members in.
9. What are mutts?
(a) Animals of unknown species.
(b) Dogs without breeding papers.
(c) Peacekeepers who have been specially trained to be ruthless killers.
(d) Genetically engineered creatures used to physically and mentally attack Capitol enemies or Hunger Game tributes.
10. In Chapter 18, what is the biggest part of Katniss' test to determine her eligibility to join the rebel military?
(a) To see if she can kill Peacekeepers.
(b) To see if she is capable of using multiple types of weapons.
(c) To see if she can follow orders.
(d) To see if she can kill Snow.
11. In Chapter 25, who promises Katniss that she may execute Snow?
12. In Chapter 14, who suggests bombing all the entrances to the Nut and leaving the workers to die?
(b) President Coin.
13. In Chapter 15, why does Katniss confront the refugees rushing out of the Nut via the train tracks?
(a) To apologize for nearly killing them.
(b) To convince them their cause is the righteous one.
(c) To calm them and stop the fight between them and the rebels.
(d) To give them the option to return freely to the Capitol.
14. In Chapter 23, where do Katniss and her remaining squad members take refuge after leaving the tunnels?
(a) A fur store.
(b) A shoe store.
(c) A woman's apartment.
(d) A hospital.
15. In Chapter 20, who immediately takes charge when it appears Boggs is dead?
(a) Leeg 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, why is Katniss' squad laughing in the moments before Boggs sets off a bomb?
2. In Chapter 22, why does Katniss want to leave her squad behind?
3. In Chapter 15, how do the rebels block the exits from the Nut?
4. In Chapter 22, how do Katniss and the survivors of her squad escape the tunnels?
5. In Chapter 27, how does Snow finally die?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)