|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
(a) To reward him for warning them of the Capitol attack.
(b) They need Katniss to perform and she cannot as long as Snow has Peeta.
(c) To finally finish what was started during the Quarter Quell.
(d) To punish Snow for his attack on District 13.
2. In Chapter 17, why does Johanna decide to train with Katniss in order to qualify to go to the Capitol for the final invasion?
(a) To be present on a historic day.
(b) To find a family member.
(c) To force Snow to return money he owes her.
(d) To get revenge on Snow.
3. In Chapter 22, what happens to a group of Peacekeepers who come after Katniss and her squad?
(a) They disappear down a hidden tunnel.
(b) They are killed by the mutts.
(c) They fall to Gale's arrows.
(d) They are attacked by a pack of wild animals.
4. What is an Avox?
(a) Someone with a birth defect similar to Down's Syndrome.
(b) Someone born to wealth.
(c) Someone who has had their tongue removed as punishment.
(d) Someone who has had their eyes removed as punishment.
5. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
(a) They make too easy a target.
(b) They might frighten one another with their reactions to their individual pain.
(c) They might infect one another with undiagnosed illnesses.
(d) They are taking up space that could be used for something else.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss travel to District 8?
2. In Chapter 17, why does Peeta say that Gale saved his life on several occasions?
3. In Chapter 10, who doubts Peeta's warning at first due to his multiple requests that the rebels surrender?
4. In Chapter 5, who has become the weapons expert in District 13?
5. In Chapter 20, who immediately takes charge when it appears Boggs is dead?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)