|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what reason does Boggs suggest for why Coin sent Peeta to join their squad?
(a) Katniss is more of an asset to the rebels dead.
(b) Katniss is a threat to Coin's future as president of Panem.
(c) Katniss is a personal annoyance to Coin.
(d) Katniss is a romantic rival to Coin with Haymitch.
2. In Chapter 9, what is the significance of the lake where Katniss and Gale take the film crew?
(a) It is where they first met.
(b) It is a place where Katniss's father once took her.
(c) It is where Gale's father died.
(d) It is where they got the food that helped their families survive before the Hunger Games.
3. In Chapter 20, why do Gale and Leeg 1 spray gunfire along the empty street?
(a) To set off more bombs in an attempt at minesweeping.
(b) To protect the squad from approaching Peacekeepers.
(c) Out of fright.
(d) Out of an attempt to let other squads know where they are.
4. In Chapter 19, what does Katniss tell Peeta about his past?
(a) He was an painter.
(b) He was writer.
(c) He was a gourmet cook.
(d) He was a brilliant chemist.
5. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
(a) Gale, because he is her oldest friend.
(b) Prim, because she is the reason Katniss came to know Peeta.
(c) Her mother, because she is always Katniss' rock of support.
(d) Haymitch, because he loves Peeta too.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does Katniss recall a group of jabberjays did during one of the Hunger Games in which she was a tribute?
2. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
3. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
4. In Chapter 20, who argues with Katniss' attempt to take control of the squad?
5. In Chapter 22, what happens to a group of Peacekeepers who come after Katniss and her squad?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)