|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Jim he should stay with his family?
2. How does Jonnie's attitude change after seeing Jim's scars?
3. Which of these causes Jim to have mixed emotions about the Indians?
4. Which of the following conflicts is NOT resolved by the end of the book?
5. What does Jonnie accuse Jim of after he runs out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Jim left with Tom in chapter 16?
2. How does Jim's verbal defense of his Indian family conflict with his inner thoughts?
3. How do Jim and Joe Meek rescue Daniel?
4. What does Sally do with the childhood picture of Jim and Jonnie?
5. Explain Daniel's relationship with Jim throughout the book, and some of its consequences.
6. How does Jim trick Daniel into teaching him how to write his name?
7. How has Sally's attitude changed towards Jim since she first reunited with him?
8. What does Jim do after his ride?
9. How does Jim change after returning the horse?
10. How does Jonnie's attitude change when he sees Jim's scars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting in "Moccasin Trail". How does it contribute to the story? Provide examples of ways the setting affects character's actions. How does the setting change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
How are racial stereotypes and racial prejudice handled in "Moccasin Trail"? Do you believe these issues are handled appropriately by the author? Cite several examples to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Mr. Rutledge's role in "Moccasin Trail". Is he a crucial part of the story? Why or why not? Describe his relationship with Jonnie and with Jim. How would the book have been different without him?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)