|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these does Jim tell Tom?
2. What does Sally tell Jim that prompts him to leave the house?
3. Where did Daniel learning writing and arithmetic?
4. What does Jim teach Daniel while they are setting traps?
5. What does Jim believe about stealing the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim trick Daniel into teaching him how to write his name?
2. What is one way Jim's struggles in Moccasin Trail are similar to the struggles of some young people in our world today?
3. How does Jim's verbal defense of his Indian family conflict with his inner thoughts?
4. In chapter 17, what does Jim realize about the future of the region?
5. What rumors start to spread because of Jim's ride?
6. How do Jim and the men disagree about the way to retrieve the cattle?
7. What does Jonnie do when Jim starts shirking his chores in chapter 10?
8. What does Jim overhear Jonnie and Mr. Rutledge discussing at the beginning of chapter nine?
9. Discuss Jim's Eagle Feather.
10. How do the cabin walls make Jim feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jim's relationships with each of these characters: Jonnie, Sally and Daniel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sally's character development. Sally often nags Jim about his braids. What motivates her to do this? What are Sally's attitudes towards the Indians? How does Sally change in the book and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss cultural attitudes towards learning and education in "Moccasin Trail". Compare and contrast the Indian's view of learning with the white's, citing examples.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)