|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim sleep before he moves into the cabin?
2. How does Jonnie's attitude change after seeing Jim's scars?
3. Which of the following conflicts is NOT resolved by the end of the book?
4. How does Daniel feel about Tom?
5. What does Jim realize after killing the Indian and returning the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Jim's Eagle Feather.
2. How has Sally's attitude changed towards Jim since she first reunited with him?
3. How does Jim change after returning the horse?
4. How do the cabin walls make Jim feel?
5. How does Jim's verbal defense of his Indian family conflict with his inner thoughts?
6. What does Sally do with the childhood picture of Jim and Jonnie?
7. What is one way Jim's struggles in Moccasin Trail are similar to the struggles of some young people in our world today?
8. Why does Jim cut off his braids in the final chapter?
9. What happens when Jim tries to return the horse?
10. In chapter 17, what does Jim realize about the future of the region?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three of the following and discuss their use in the book. Discuss why they are important, how they are used to teach us about characters, how they affect character's actions and decisions, and, if applicable, what they symbolize. (Jim's braids, Jim's eagle feather, Moki, Jim's bear claw necklace, the Keath family's cabin)
Essay Topic 2
Jim learns several skills from his time with the Indians and in the wilderness. Discuss two of Jim's skills and how they are used to further the plot or provide important interactions between characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sally's character development. Sally often nags Jim about his braids. What motivates her to do this? What are Sally's attitudes towards the Indians? How does Sally change in the book and why?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)