|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim's dog bite him?
2. What is one way that Jim shows off for Daniel at the reunion?
3. How many siblings does Jim have?
4. In what way does Jim's dog help Daniel?
5. Which of these probably most influences Jim's view on farming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the trappers did not return to check on Jim after the grizzly attacked?
2. Why does Bad Medicine act strangely in chapter eight?
3. How does Daniel use Moki to help with his work?
4. What happens when Jim reaches the trading post?
5. How does Sally treat Jim at their first meeting?
6. Why do Jim and Daniel have to drive the animals through a pass?
7. Describe Jim's journey to the Dalles.
8. What are bourgeways, and what does Jim believe about them?
9. How do Jim's plans change in chapter two?
10. What does Jim think about in the first chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jim's and Jonnie's views of farming. How do Jim's beliefs about land relate to issues in our modern culture? Which view do you agree with and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting in "Moccasin Trail". How does it contribute to the story? Provide examples of ways the setting affects character's actions. How does the setting change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jim's character development. How do we learn about his personality, his beliefs and his inner struggles? What changes does Jim go through in the book?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)