|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of Jim's first impressions of his siblings?
2. What is the most likely reason that Jonnie is defensive of Jim?
3. Who does Jim run away with at age eleven?
4. Where does Jim go first to find someone to read his letter?
5. When Jim says the word "medicine," what is he referring to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a flashback? Give an example from the book.
2. How do Sally and Jonnie feel about Jim's physical appearance?
3. Why does Bad Medicine act strangely in chapter eight?
4. What does Jim believe about Jonnie's banjo playing?
5. Why do you think Jonnie is defensive of Jim?
6. Why does Jim leave the Indian tribe?
7. What does Jim think about in the first chapter?
8. Describe Jim's occupation in chapter one and discuss why Jim feels it is time for a change.
9. Why does Jonnie need Jim's help?
10. How do Jim's plans change in chapter two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jim's relationships with each of these characters: Jonnie, Sally and Daniel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mr. Rutledge's role in "Moccasin Trail". Is he a crucial part of the story? Why or why not? Describe his relationship with Jonnie and with Jim. How would the book have been different without him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sally's character development. Sally often nags Jim about his braids. What motivates her to do this? What are Sally's attitudes towards the Indians? How does Sally change in the book and why?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)