|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim practice signing his name?
(a) He has Daniel write his name on a piece of bark and uses that to practice.
(b) He finds where Daniel has written his name on some paper and uses that to practice.
(c) He asks Daniel to help him practice.
(d) He makes Daniel write his name over and over until he memorizes how to write it.
2. How does Sally use a picture of Jim and Jonnie?
(a) She tries to get Jim to be nicer to Jonnie.
(b) She tries to get Jim to work harder.
(c) She tries to make Jim tell her about his childhood.
(d) She tries to get Jim to cut his hair.
3. What offer does Meek make?
(a) He offers to become a trapper with Jim in the mountains.
(b) He offers Jonnie a deputy job.
(c) He offers Jim a deputy job.
(d) He offers to pardon Jim for stealing the horse.
4. Why is Jim surprised the thieves headed to the creek?
(a) Whites wouldn't think of heading to the creek.
(b) Indians wouldn't think of heading to the creek.
(c) It would be difficult for the theives to drive the cattle through the creek.
(d) The creek is too cold to swim in this time of year.
5. Which one of these is a disturbing memory that Jim has about the Indians?
(a) A man who with a necklace of scalps.
(b) His Indian mother beating him.
(c) The Indians stealing from each other.
(d) A woman who kills her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim plan to do after seeing Daniel safely home?
2. What does Jim think when he sees wagons about to head down a steep hill?
3. What does Jim realize when Tom talks to Mr. Rutledge?
4. How does Daniel feel about Tom?
5. Who throws pebbles at Jim?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jim and the men disagree about the way to retrieve the cattle?
2. How does Jim trick Daniel into teaching him how to write his name?
3. What is one way Jim's struggles in Moccasin Trail are similar to the struggles of some young people in our world today?
4. How do the cabin walls make Jim feel?
5. Explain Daniel's relationship with Jim throughout the book, and some of its consequences.
6. How does Jonnie's attitude change when he sees Jim's scars?
7. Why does Jim cut off his braids in the final chapter?
8. Discuss Jim's Eagle Feather.
9. Why do you think Jim goes on his wild ride?
10. How does Jim use his tracking skills to help the neighbors in chapter 12?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)