|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim referring to when he uses the word "bourgeways"?
2. What do we learn from the first four chapters about Jim's physical appearance?
(a) He looks skinny and weak.
(b) He looks overweight.
(c) He looks like a white man.
(d) He looks like an Indian.
3. When Jim says the word "medicine," what is he referring to?
(a) Personal power.
(b) The Indian religion.
(c) Healing ointment.
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of Jim's first impressions of his siblings?
(a) He sees that his family needs his help and he wants to give it to them.
(b) He only likes Daniel because Daniel is the only sibling who is nice to him.
(c) He doesn't like his family at all because they are not like his Indian family.
(d) He feels Jonnie is not taking care of his family properly, so he should let Jim take over.
5. What do Jim and Daniel talk about?
(a) Jim's life in the wilderness.
(b) Daniel's schoolwork.
(c) Daniel's friends back home.
(d) Jim's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book we are currently studying?
2. What does Jim give Jonnie in place of his boots?
3. Where is Tom planning to go after breaking camp?
4. What fact does Jim try to hide from Daniel?
5. How does Jonnie feel about Jim's past act of thievery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we learn about Jim's family in the first four chapters?
2. Why do you think Jim plans to stay with his family even after he helps them claim the land?
3. What cultural adaptations does Jim have to make in chapters 5 through 8?
4. What happens when Jim reaches the trading post?
5. Describe Jim's occupation in chapter one and discuss why Jim feels it is time for a change.
6. What do the Indians do for Jim after the grizzly attack?
7. How does Daniel use Moki to help with his work?
8. How does the group plan to travel down the Columbia river?
9. How does Sally treat Jim at their first meeting?
10. Why does Jonnie need Jim's help?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)