|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jonnie think Jim looks like?
(d) The Indian chief.
2. What is Jim's Indian name?
(a) Bad Medicine.
(b) Sits Alone.
(c) Talks Alone.
(d) Talks Alot.
3. Why doesn't the group hire Indians to take care of the animals?
(a) They are afraid the Indians will steal all the animals.
(b) They know they will not get all the animals back if they hire Indians.
(c) The whites are at war with the Indians.
(d) There are no Indians available for the job.
4. Who finally reads Jim's letter to him?
(a) Adam Russell.
(b) Jonnie Keath.
(c) The man who tries to shoot Jim's dog.
(d) Mr. Rutledge.
5. How does Jonnie feel about Jim's past act of thievery?
(a) He believes Jim had the right to steal, given the situation.
(b) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(c) He believes it was wrong for Jim to steal.
(d) He admires the bravery Jim displayed when stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tom planning to go after breaking camp?
2. What does Jim give Jonnie in place of his boots?
3. What fact does Jim try to hide from Daniel?
4. What do Jim and Daniel do with the mink?
5. Why does Jim take the letter from the man whom he paid to read it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Jim named his mule Bad Medicine?
2. What cultural adaptations does Jim have to make in chapters 5 through 8?
3. What are bourgeways, and what does Jim believe about them?
4. How does Sally treat Jim at their first meeting?
5. Why do Jim and Daniel have to drive the animals through a pass?
6. Why do you think Jonnie is defensive of Jim?
7. What do the Indians do for Jim after the grizzly attack?
8. What happens when Jim reaches the trading post?
9. How do Sally and Jonnie feel about Jim's physical appearance?
10. What is a flashback? Give an example from the book.
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)