|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shelter would Jim like the family to build?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A longhouse.
(c) A grasshouse.
(d) A teepee.
2. What is Jim's Indian name?
(a) Talks Alot.
(b) Sits Alone.
(c) Talks Alone.
(d) Bad Medicine.
3. How does Jim feel about the land Jonnie has chosen?
(a) He wishes Jonnie had chosen land further from the lake because all the building will disturb the fish.
(b) He believes Jonnie has chosen well but is apprehensive about the plowing that will change the land.
(c) He believes Jonnie has chosen poorly and is apprehensive about the plowing that will change the land.
(d) He believes Jonnie has chosen well and is ready to start working to clear the land.
4. What is one way that Jim shows off for Daniel at the reunion?
(a) Jim shows how well he can shoot a gun.
(b) Jim shows how well he can throw a rock.
(c) Jim shows how well he can throw a knife.
(d) Jim shows how well he can shoot a bow and arrow.
5. What is the most likely reason Sally calls Jim "James"?
(a) Jim asks her to call him James.
(b) Sally wants to show respect to her brother.
(c) Their mother called him James.
(d) Sally wants to keep their relationship formal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim go first to find someone to read his letter?
2. Where is Jonnie headed with his family?
3. How do Sally and Jonnie feel about Jim's decision to stay with the family?
4. Why doesn't the group hire Indians to take care of the animals?
5. What does Jim's dog look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonnie need Jim's help?
2. What do we learn about Jim in chapter two when he receives a letter from his family?
3. Who is Tom Rivers?
4. How do Jonnie and Sally feel about Daniel going with Jim?
5. What cultural adaptations does Jim have to make in chapters 5 through 8?
6. What is Daniel's reaction to Jim at their first meeting?
7. Discuss Jim's bear claw necklace.
8. What disagreement do Jim and Jonnie have about the cabin?
9. How do Jim's plans change in chapter two?
10. Why do you think Jim plans to stay with his family even after he helps them claim the land?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)