|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jonnie seem to feel about Jim's physical appearance?
(a) He seems to like Jim's appearance.
(b) He seems to disapprove of Jim's appearance.
(c) He is unaffected by Jim's appearance.
(d) He approves of Jim's appearance, but is worried whether his siblings will feel the same.
2. Who helps Jim after he is attacked by an animal?
(a) The Crow Indians.
(b) The Sioux Indians.
(c) The Kiowa Indians.
(d) The Cherokee Indians.
3. What is the name of Jim's dog?
4. What does Jim steal from one of the Indians when he leaves the tribe?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bear claw necklace.
(c) A horse.
(d) A blond scalp.
5. What is Jim referring to when he uses the word "bourgeways"?
6. What is Jim's Indian name?
(a) Talks Alone.
(b) Talks Alot.
(c) Sits Alone.
(d) Bad Medicine.
7. How do Jim, Sally and Jonnie feel about chores?
(a) Jim and Jonnie hate the chores but Sally seems to like them.
(b) Jim hates the chores but Sally and Jonnie seem to like them.
(c) Jim and Sally hate the chores but Jonnie seems to like them.
(d) They all hate the chores.
8. Who finally reads Jim's letter to him?
(a) Jonnie Keath.
(b) The man who tries to shoot Jim's dog.
(c) Adam Russell.
(d) Mr. Rutledge.
9. Who takes Jim to his family?
(a) Mr. Rutledge.
(b) Tom Rivers.
(c) Joe Meek.
(d) Sam Mullins.
10. What is the first thing Daniel wants to do when the family reaches their new land?
(c) Play in the woods.
11. What fact does Tom learn about Jim that surprises him?
(a) Jim has a brother.
(b) Jim has lived with Indians.
(c) Jim is a trapper.
(d) Jim owns a dog.
12. What kind of physical shape are Jim's siblings in when he first meets them?
(a) They look like they haven't been eating enough.
(b) They look robust and healthy.
(c) They look like they are gaining to much weight.
(d) They are so sick they will die if they don't get medical attention.
13. What does Jonnie think Jim will do after the family has settled?
(a) Leave the family and go back to the wilderness.
(b) Camp nearby so he can visit the family often.
(c) Stay with the family to help with the farm.
(d) Get a job in the nearest town.
14. What is the title of the book we are currently studying?
(a) Moccasin River.
(b) Moccasin Mountain.
(c) Two Moccasins.
(d) Moccasin Trail.
15. What is the most likely reason that Jonnie is defensive of Jim?
(a) Jonnie believes Jim has the right to act however he chooses.
(b) Jim and Jonnie were close when they were younger.
(c) Jonnie believes Jim is well-suited to take over as head of the family.
(d) Jim reminds Jonnie of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonnie keeps telling Daniel to be careful. How does Jim react to this?
2. When Jim says the word "medicine," what is he referring to?
3. How does Sally feel about Daniel going with Jim?
4. What is the reason Jim gives for running away from home when he was a boy?
5. Which of the following is NOT an accurate description of Sally's feelings toward Jim at the reunion?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)