|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim challenge Daniel to do?
(a) Write Sally's and Jim's names.
(b) Do a math problem and write his name.
(c) Write his own name and Jim's name.
(d) Write Jim's and Jonnie's names.
2. What does Jim do with Jonnie's boots?
(a) Gives them to Daniel.
(b) Throws them in the fire.
(c) Throws them in the river.
(d) Repairs the holes in them.
3. What causes Jim to fear the Indians might retaliate against the settlers for his stealing the horse?
(a) An Indian woman sees him.
(b) An Indian brave see him.
(c) Several Indians see him.
(d) An Indian boy sees him.
4. What does Jim give Jonnie in place of his boots?
(a) New boots.
5. Where is Jim camping as the story opens?
(a) In the mountains above Columbia River.
(b) At the base of a mountain, by Powder River.
(c) In the mountains above Powder River.
(d) At the base of a mountain, by Columbia River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim realize after talking with the man from the wagon train?
2. What does Sally notice when Jim walks into the camp?
3. How does Jonnie's excitement over getting land affect Jim?
4. What does Jim plan to do after seeing Daniel safely home?
5. What does Jim think when he sees wagons about to head down a steep hill?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)