|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonnie believe about Jim?
(a) He will kidnap Daniel.
(b) He will eventually fit in with the family.
(c) He will probably never fit in with the family.
(d) He will eventually want to build his own farm.
2. How does Jim treat Jonnie's injured feet?
(a) With alcohal.
(b) With warm water.
(c) With ointments.
(d) With herbs.
3. What argument do Jim and Jonnie have about the cabin?
(a) Jim doesn't like the idea of a cabin because it ties the family down to one place.
(b) Jim believes Jonnie should use pine for the cabin instead of cedar.
(c) Jim is working on a longhouse for the family to live in, but Jonnie wants him to help with the cabin.
(d) Jim and Jonnie disagree about where the cabin should be located.
4. Jim struggles with divided loyalties between______________.
(a) Tom Rivers and Mr. Rutledge.
(b) The Crow and the Sioux.
(c) His mother and his father.
(d) The whites and the Indians.
5. How does Jonnie's excitement over getting land affect Jim?
(a) Jim is so disgusted with Jonnie's excitement that he wants to leave immediately.
(b) Jim doesn't understand Jonnie's excitement because he believes land can't really be owned.
(c) Jim catches up in his excitement and helps with the cabin for several days.
(d) Jim is unaffected by Jonnie's excitement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these does Jim tell Tom?
2. What does Jim steal from one of the Indians when he leaves the tribe?
3. What does Jim feel when the cabin is finished?
4. Why does Daniel become unhappy with Jim?
5. How does Jonnie feel about Jim's past act of thievery?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)