|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jonnie's attitude change after seeing Jim's scars?
(a) He begins to feel sorry for Jim.
(b) He begins to have more respect for Jim's beleifs about land.
(c) He begins to understand Jim's empathy toward the Indians.
(d) He beleives it might be best if Jim goes back to the Indians.
2. Why is Jim's mule acting strangely one afternoon?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He senses that someone is coming.
(c) He has a rock in his hoof.
(d) He doesn't like doing the farmwork.
3. What does Sally tell Jim when he returns to the cabin?
(a) She tells him her opinion about his stealing the horse.
(b) She admits she has been nagging him about things that don't really matter.
(c) She berates him for endangering himself and others.
(d) She tells him she wishes he would move into the cabin with the family.
4. How does Mr. Rutledge assure Jonnie?
(a) Tells him that all families argue sometimes.
(b) Tells him that Jim knows how to keep Daniel safe.
(c) Tells him that Daniel loves his home so he won't run away.
(d) Tells him that Jim can write an X instead of signing his name.
5. What do Jonnie and Sally do when Jim returns?
(a) Continue their argument with him.
(b) Avoid him.
(c) Act as if nothing happened.
(d) Treat him more harshly than ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact does Jim try to hide from Daniel?
2. What does Jonnie want Jim to do?
3. What instrument does Jonnie play?
4. How does Jonnie help Jim deal with his emotions?
5. What is Jim's reaction to his own childhood memories?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)