|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim wear the Eagle feather?
(a) His Indian father gave it to him.
(b) His Indian mother gave it to him.
(c) He earned it by counting coup.
(d) He earned it by leading a coup.
2. What age is Jim when he leaves the Indians?
3. What does the group have to do to the wagons before crossing the river?
(a) Make repairs on them.
(b) Roll them onto the ferry.
(c) Disassemble them.
(d) Brace the wheels.
4. What does Jonnie think Jim will do after the family has settled?
(a) Camp nearby so he can visit the family often.
(b) Get a job in the nearest town.
(c) Leave the family and go back to the wilderness.
(d) Stay with the family to help with the farm.
5. In literature, what is a flashback?
(a) A narrative or description of a character's memory that provides background to the story.
(b) When an author uses past tense.
(c) A trick the author uses to get the readers to feel like they are living in the story.
(d) A memory of the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book we are currently studying?
2. How does Jim make sure Daniel is getting enough food?
3. Where is Jim camping as the story opens?
4. What does Jim do with Jonnie's boots?
5. Where is Tom planning to go after breaking camp?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)