|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an accurate description of Sally's feelings toward Jim at the reunion?
(a) She is resentful to Jim for running away.
(b) She wishes Jim had died in the wilderness.
(c) She doesn't like the way Jim looks.
(d) She wants to protect Daniel from Jim's influence.
2. What will Jim and Daniel do with the animals?
(a) They will drive them along the river till they find a bridge.
(b) They will sale them to the Indians.
(c) They will take them across the river and watch over them while the others cross.
(d) They will take them around through a pass.
3. How does Jim view farming?
(a) He believes the Indians should start farming like the whites.
(b) He believes it is unnecessary because white people could wander around the wilderness for food.
(c) He believes it is a good choice for Jonnie but not for him -- he prefers wilderness living.
(d) He believes it is a good living for whites but not for Indians.
4. How do Jim, Sally and Jonnie feel about chores?
(a) They all hate the chores.
(b) Jim and Jonnie hate the chores but Sally seems to like them.
(c) Jim and Sally hate the chores but Jonnie seems to like them.
(d) Jim hates the chores but Sally and Jonnie seem to like them.
5. What does the group have to do to the wagons before crossing the river?
(a) Make repairs on them.
(b) Roll them onto the ferry.
(c) Disassemble them.
(d) Brace the wheels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim view the task of curing meat?
2. What do Jim and Tom do before breaking camp?
3. What is Jim referring to when he uses the word "bourgeways"?
4. What kind of shelter would Jim like the family to build?
5. What do the white trappers do when Jim is attacked by an animal?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)