|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim referring to when he uses the word "bourgeways"?
2. How does Jonnie feel about Jim's past act of thievery?
(a) He admires the bravery Jim displayed when stealing.
(b) He believes it was wrong for Jim to steal.
(c) He believes Jim had the right to steal, given the situation.
(d) He doesn't care one way or the other.
3. In the first four chapters, Jim is at a crossroads in his life. Which of the following paths does he NOT take into consideration before deciding where he would go next?
(a) Rejoining the Indian tribe.
(b) Going away with Tom.
(c) Traveling with his brother.
(d) Convincing Tom to stay with him.
4. Where is Jonnie headed with his family?
(a) By the Powder River.
(b) By the Columbia River.
(c) Willamette Valley.
(d) The Dalles.
5. What kind of animal attacks Jim when he is a boy?
(a) A bear.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mountain lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Jim after he is attacked by an animal?
2. What age is Jim when he leaves the Indians?
3. What had Jim planned to do before he reunited with Jonnie?
4. What does Jim's dog look like?
5. When Jim says the word "medicine," what is he referring to?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)