|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim decide to leave his Indian family?
(a) He hears that his mother is sick and wants to go home to her.
(b) He wants to explore the world.
(c) He steals from an Indian, and is afraid the tribe will kill him.
(d) He sees a brave with a blond scalp, which angers him because his mother is blond.
2. Why does Jonnie need Jim's help?
(a) He needs Jim to help him build a cabin.
(b) He needs Jim to bury their mother.
(c) He is only seventeen, so can't claim land for himself. Jim can.
(d) He needs Jim to help him take care of their younger brother, Daniel.
3. What had Jim planned to do before he reunited with Jonnie?
(a) He had planned to find his uncle.
(b) He had planned to join the Crow in their war with the Sioux.
(c) He had planned to keep traveling with Tom Rivers.
(d) He had planned to join the Sioux in their war with the Crow.
4. What style of narration does McGraw uses in Moccasin Trail?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Fourth person.
5. Who comes to Jim and Tom's camp?
(a) Two Indians.
(b) Jim's uncle.
(c) Mr. Rutledge.
(d) Jim's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim take the letter from the man whom he paid to read it?
2. Who helps Jim after he is attacked by an animal?
3. How does Jim stop a man from shooting his dog?
4. When Jim says the word "medicine," what is he referring to?
5. What does Jim have to stop and do on his way to the Dalles?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)