|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sally and Jonnie feel about Jim's decision to stay with the family?
(a) Sally is pleased but Jonnie isn't.
(b) Neither Sally nor Jonnie are pleased.
(c) Jonnie is pleased but Sally isn't.
(d) Sally and Jonnie are both pleased.
2. Before Jim receives the letter, Tom believes he is half _____.
3. What happens when Jonnie rides Jim's horse?
(a) He looses control and the horse goes too fast.
(b) The horse throws him off.
(c) He is too rough with the horse.
(d) He handles the horse well.
4. Which of the following is NOT an accurate description of Sally's feelings toward Jim at the reunion?
(a) She wants to protect Daniel from Jim's influence.
(b) She wishes Jim had died in the wilderness.
(c) She doesn't like the way Jim looks.
(d) She is resentful to Jim for running away.
5. What kind of animal attacks Jim when he is a boy?
(a) A mountain lion.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bear.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following conflicts is NOT resolved by the end of the book?
2. Why is Jim avoiding work?
3. What does Jim do with Jonnie's boots?
4. What does Jonnie believe about Jim?
5. Why do Mr. Rutledge, Jim and Jonnie quit working at the beginning of chapter nine?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)