|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jonnie and Sally know Sam Mullins?
(a) He camped with them at Powder river.
(b) He is from the same town they are from.
(c) He camped with them at the Dalles.
(d) He helped them down the Columbia river.
2. What is Jim's Indian name?
(a) Talks Alot.
(b) Talks Alone.
(c) Bad Medicine.
(d) Sits Alone.
3. Where is Tom planning to go after breaking camp?
4. What did Jim use to pay a man to read his letter?
(a) A beaver skin.
(b) A mule.
(c) A bear claw.
(d) A bear skin.
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of Jim's first impressions of his siblings?
(a) He feels Jonnie is not taking care of his family properly, so he should let Jim take over.
(b) He sees that his family needs his help and he wants to give it to them.
(c) He doesn't like his family at all because they are not like his Indian family.
(d) He only likes Daniel because Daniel is the only sibling who is nice to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jonnie and his family decide to travel west?
2. How will the group cross the Columbia River?
3. What is one aspect of Jim's character or appearance about which Jonnie and Sally agree?
4. Where is Jonnie headed with his family?
5. When Jim reunites with his family, he realizes he has seen Daniel before. Where has he seen him?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)