|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim's dog look like?
(a) A bear.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wolf.
2. What do Jim and Tom do before breaking camp?
(a) Run the traps.
(b) Hunt for bear.
(c) Clean their guns.
(d) Sing songs around the campfire.
3. Which of the following is NOT an accurate description of Jonnie's feelings toward Jim at the reunion?
(a) He doesn't like that Jim stole a horse.
(b) He wants Jim to take over as head of the family.
(c) He is glad that Jim is going to help his family claim land.
(d) He doesn't like the way Jim looks.
4. At the reunion, what does Sally tell Jim he should have done?
(a) He should have come home to see their mother.
(b) He should have learned to read.
(c) He should have stayed in the forest.
(d) He should have become a farmer.
5. What does Jim steal from one of the Indians when he leaves the tribe?
(a) A bear claw necklace.
(b) A blond scalp.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shelter would Jim like the family to build?
2. Who finally reads Jim's letter to him?
3. How does Jim stop a man from shooting his dog?
4. Where does Jim go first to find someone to read his letter?
5. How does Jim view the task of curing meat?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)