|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Daniel tells Jonnie about seeing a wolf and an Indian. Who has he actually seen?
(a) Jim Keath.
(b) Big Bull.
(c) Mr. Rutledge.
(d) The Crow Chief .
2. Why doesn't the group hire Indians to take care of the animals?
(a) They are afraid the Indians will steal all the animals.
(b) The whites are at war with the Indians.
(c) They know they will not get all the animals back if they hire Indians.
(d) There are no Indians available for the job.
3. What is Daniel worried about after Jonnie and Sally leave?
(a) That he didn't get to say goodbye to Sally.
(b) That Jim might not keep him safe.
(c) That the Indians might attack his family.
(d) That he lost his knife in the river.
4. Who is the author of the book we are currently studying?
(a) Joyce Louise Compton.
(b) Eloise Jarvis McGraw.
(c) James Ronald Harrington
(d) T. J. Remington.
5. In literature, what is a flashback?
(a) A trick the author uses to get the readers to feel like they are living in the story.
(b) When an author uses past tense.
(c) A narrative or description of a character's memory that provides background to the story.
(d) A memory of the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim challenge Daniel to do?
2. What does Jim tell himself about returning to Jonnie and Sally after his wild ride?
3. What does Jonnie promise Jim when he asks for his help?
4. What is Jim's Indian name?
5. Which of the following does Jim NOT do on his wild ride through the countryside?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)