|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one aspect of Jim's character or appearance about which Jonnie and Sally agree?
(a) They agree that his inability to read is appalling.
(b) They agree that Jim looks and acts like an Indian.
(c) They agree that Jim resembles Jonnie.
(d) They agree that Jim will be a good influence on Daniel.
2. What do the white trappers do when Jim is attacked by an animal?
(a) They try to fight the animal, but end up being killed.
(b) They run away.
(c) They kill the animal.
(d) They scare the animal away with their guns.
3. How does Jonnie feel about Jim's past act of thievery?
(a) He believes Jim had the right to steal, given the situation.
(b) He believes it was wrong for Jim to steal.
(c) He admires the bravery Jim displayed when stealing.
(d) He doesn't care one way or the other.
4. At the reunion, what does Sally tell Jim he should have done?
(a) He should have become a farmer.
(b) He should have come home to see their mother.
(c) He should have stayed in the forest.
(d) He should have learned to read.
5. How do Jim, Sally and Jonnie feel about chores?
(a) Jim hates the chores but Sally and Jonnie seem to like them.
(b) They all hate the chores.
(c) Jim and Sally hate the chores but Jonnie seems to like them.
(d) Jim and Jonnie hate the chores but Sally seems to like them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Daniel learning writing and arithmetic?
2. What happens when Jonnie rides Jim's horse?
3. What does Jim feel when the cabin is finished?
4. What is the most likely reason that Jonnie is defensive of Jim?
5. How does Jonnie seem to feel about Jim's physical appearance?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)