|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab throws it overboard.
(b) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
(c) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(d) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
2. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(b) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(c) by saving a man who fell overboard.
(d) by climbing to the top of the mast.
3. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to give him medical supplies.
(b) to get news of Moby Dick.
(c) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(d) to have dinner with him.
4. What is Ahab's response to the call for help?
(a) he fires on The Rachel and runs away.
(b) he disbelieves the captain of The Rachel.
(c) he agrees to join in the search for the missing boat.
(d) he ignores the plea and sets out to find Moby Dick.
5. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
(a) Ahab will see one not made with human hands.
(b) Ahab will ride in a wooden hearse.
(c) Ahab will never ride in a hearse.
(d) Ahab will be saved by a hearse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
2. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
3. What does Ahab order the ship's blacksmith to do?
4. What occurs on the Pequod that sends Starbuck to see the captain?
5. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)