|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tashtego accidentally falls into the oil-filled head of the whale, who rescues him?
2. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
(a) Ahab will ride in a wooden hearse.
(b) Ahab will be saved by a hearse.
(c) Ahab will never ride in a hearse.
(d) Ahab will see one not made with human hands.
3. Given the irony of the coffin turned life buoy, what is the feeling of foreshadowing?
(a) that there will be death and only one survivor.
(b) that death is just a part of life.
(c) that the White Whale will never be found.
(d) that Ahab will die before Moby Dick is spotted.
4. What is the ship's carpenter assigned to do?
(a) build a chair for Ahab on deck.
(b) repair all the boats to encounter Moby Dick.
(c) erect a tent so Ahab can stay on deck.
(d) carve a new ivory peg leg for Ahab.
5. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(b) leave the Pequod on a raft.
(c) return to shore in a small boat.
(d) go wake up Captain Ahab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
2. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
3. How is Ahab's mental condition best described by this point?
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
5. What reaction do both Ahab and Starbuck have to the Spanish doubloon still nailed to the mast?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)