|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the whales in the oceans, what else does Ishmael include in his discussion?
(a) fossil remains of whales from centuries ago.
(b) the comparison of whales to elephants.
(c) the comparison of whales to dolphins.
(d) the collected myths about whales.
2. How does Stubb regain a dead whale from a French whaling boat?
(a) by playing poker.
(b) by stealing the dead whale at night.
(c) by using humor and intelligence.
(d) by threatening to blow up their boat.
3. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) with a great deal of tension.
(b) with his sense of humor.
(c) by writing in a diary.
(d) by not thinking about it.
4. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
(c) lamp oil.
5. What is the encounter in the ocean that causes Ahab to come to the deck?
(a) they see a huge pod of whales.
(b) they hear strange musical sounds in the ocean.
(c) they are chased by pirates.
(d) they meet another whaling ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
2. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
3. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
4. What equipment does Ishmael discuss including their descriptions and uses?
5. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)