|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
(a) the whale near Ahab is too far to reach the ship by nightfall.
(b) Ahab is too tired to return that evening.
(c) the ship cannot handle more than three whales at a time.
(d) the whale is too large for one boat to haul.
2. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
(a) whether the captain should go on the boats.
(b) whether captains know enough about whales.
(c) whether the captain should take the helm.
(d) whether captains should be harpooners.
3. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
(a) to a painting of a house from another culture.
(b) to a painting of a ship drawn from a shipwreck.
(c) to a painting of the moon.
(d) to a painting of a tiger seen in a cage.
4. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
5. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) Balam and the ass.
(b) the creation of sea creatures.
(c) Jonah and the whale.
(d) preparing for death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
2. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
3. What is the second objection the Sag Harbor man has for the veracity of the story of Jonah?
4. What is Ahab's response to the call for help?
5. What does Fedallah say is the advantage of having the Right Whale on the other side of the ship?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)