|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boat from the Pequod is the first to harpoon a whale?
2. What does Ishmael say the head of the sperm whale contains?
(a) a gigantic brain.
(b) hard bone used as a battering ram.
(c) the largest and the most pure quantity of sperm whale oil.
(d) soft tissue that contains no oil.
3. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
(a) a savage from the islands.
(b) a prophet of the Neskyeuna Shakers.
(c) a defrocked priest.
(d) another man named Starbuck.
4. What is the effect of Ahab's distraction on Starbuck?
(a) he hopes for the best.
(b) he walks sadly away.
(c) he continues to state his case.
(d) he shoves Ahab overboard.
5. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
(a) Ahab will never ride in a hearse.
(b) Ahab will ride in a wooden hearse.
(c) Ahab will be saved by a hearse.
(d) Ahab will see one not made with human hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the whales in the oceans, what else does Ishmael include in his discussion?
2. How does Stubb regain a dead whale from a French whaling boat?
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
4. How did the watch on the mast of The Rachel know that Moby Dick had probably been harpooned.
5. What is Ahab thinking about as he looks out to sea?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)