|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
(a) cut out a tooth from the whale.
(b) take over securing the whale to the ship.
(c) carve his name on the whale's back.
(d) cut a steak from the tail of the whale.
2. Why does the crew on the ship see Stubb's and Flask's boats coming fast toward them?
(a) they are caught in a rip tide.
(b) they are being chased by pirates.
(c) they are running from Moby Dick.
(d) they are being pulled by a harpooned whale.
3. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
(a) he will die of old age.
(b) he will die of fright.
(c) he will die on land.
(d) he will die before Ahab.
4. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
5. How does Ishmael classify the oiling of the bottom of a boat?
(a) a ceremony performed for good luck.
(b) a ceremony performed for Neptune.
(c) a ceremony performed to attract whales.
(d) a ceremony of initiation of new sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the other four strange men blend in with the crew, what does Ishmael observe about Fedallah?
2. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
3. How is Starbuck a singular character on board the Pequod at this point?
4. What does Ahab discover the next morning after the storm?
5. What has the need for revenge done to Ahab's heart?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)