|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crew of The Delight about to do as the Pequod comes alongside?
(a) repair the masts.
(b) bury one of their men.
(c) man the whale boats.
(d) lower the sails.
2. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) by writing in a diary.
(b) by not thinking about it.
(c) with a great deal of tension.
(d) with his sense of humor.
3. Which of the characters keep watch on both the crew and the ocean?
(a) Ahab and Fedallah.
(b) Ishmael and Queequeg.
(c) Starbuck and Stubb.
(d) Pip and Starbuck.
4. How does Ahab react to the intrusion by Starbuck?
(a) he becomes concerned about the loss of oil.
(b) he raises a pistol as though to shoot Starbuck.
(c) he flies into a rage and threatens the carpenter.
(d) he does not understand what Starbuck tells him.
5. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to have dinner with him.
(b) to give him medical supplies.
(c) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(d) to get news of Moby Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
2. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
3. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
4. What does Ishmael say the head of the sperm whale contains?
5. How does Ishmael classify the oiling of the bottom of a boat?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)