|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) still at home in his bedroom.
(b) bringing up the rear.
(c) in his cabin.
(d) standing on the deck.
2. How does Ishmael foreshadow Starbuck's behavior throughout the novel?
(a) He loses all his moral values and tries to kill Ahab.
(b) He remains the valiant and moral person he first appears to be.
(c) He becomes fearful and mutinous.
(d) He changes into a madman.
3. Besides the whales in the oceans, what else does Ishmael include in his discussion?
(a) the comparison of whales to elephants.
(b) fossil remains of whales from centuries ago.
(c) the collected myths about whales.
(d) the comparison of whales to dolphins.
4. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
5. What does Fedallah say is the advantage of having the Right Whale on the other side of the ship?
(a) to appease the sea gods.
(b) to attract other whales to the area.
(c) to draw the sharks away from the sperm whale.
(d) to keep the ship from capsizing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
2. What does Ahab order the ship's blacksmith to do?
3. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
4. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
5. What happens to Ahab's hat as he perches atop the mast?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)