|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab throws it overboard.
(b) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(c) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
(d) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
2. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to keep his pistol loaded.
(b) to become his friend.
(c) to ask for another room.
(d) to convert him to Christianity.
3. What Biblical story does Ishmael discuss in Chapter 83?
(a) The Good Samaritan
(b) The Crucifixtion
(c) Jesus Walking on Water
(d) Jonah and the Whale
4. Which two characters lance the Right Whale?
(a) Stubb and Flask
(b) Ahab and Starbuck
(c) Flask and Queequeg
(d) Ishmael and Queequeg
5. What is the name of the German whaling vessel?
(a) The Moby Grape
(b) Super Docker
(c) The Kaiser
(d) The Virgin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Ahab doing as the Pequod sails away from The Delight?
2. What equipment does Ishmael discuss including their descriptions and uses?
3. Who does Ishmael say wrote about Greenland whales?
4. Who does Starbuck relinquish command of the whale to?
5. What does Fedallah dream about?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)