|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(b) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(c) offering to work for less pay.
(d) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
2. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the albino whale.
(b) the sperm whale.
(c) the duodecimo whale.
(d) the octavo whale.
3. What is the next whaling ship the Pequod meets during the search for Moby Dick?
(a) The Nantucket.
(b) The Barbara Ellen.
(c) The Bounty.
(d) The Delight.
4. To what does Ishmael compare the differences between land and sea?
(a) to areas of the human soul.
(b) to men on a battlefield.
(c) to political conflicts.
(d) to the harmony of mind and body.
5. What does Ahab do in an excited state after visiting the Samuel Enderby?
(a) passes out rum to the crew.
(b) dances a jig on the Pequod.
(c) twists and damages his ivory peg leg.
(d) goes to his cabin to sulk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
2. Besides the whales in the oceans, what else does Ishmael include in his discussion?
3. What had one of the boats from The Rachel accomplished?
4. What danger does Ishmael say the whale wields in particular?
5. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)