|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) some whales take in more air.
(b) the reason has to do with size.
(c) some whales have more solid bones.
(d) the reason is unknown.
2. What does Ahab order the Pequod to do in violation of maritime tradition?
(a) ram the other ship.
(b) sail away before the burial at sea.
(c) make obscene gestures at the other crew.
(d) play music and dance.
3. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
(a) he drives a harpoon through it.
(b) he curses it.
(c) he speaks to it.
(d) he watches it all night long.
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
(b) It is covered with sharkskin.
(c) It is double decked.
(d) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
5. When the whale is harpooned, what action do the harpooner and the chief mate take?
(a) they join the rowers.
(b) they manhandle the harpoon line.
(c) they switch places from front to back.
(d) they switch from harpoons to lances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the captain of The Rachel appealing for help from the Pequod?
2. What is Ahab aware of while he stands on the deck of the Pequod?
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
4. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
5. How does Stubb convince the French ship to leave?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)