|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Queequeg while he helps locate the oil leak?
(a) he falls into a cask of sperm whale oil.
(b) he slips on the oil and cracks open his head.
(c) he gets into a fight with Tashtego.
(d) he becomes ill and almost dies.
2. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
(a) he is murdered by Steelkilt.
(b) he is thrown overboard.
(c) he is eaten by the whale.
(d) he is promoted to harpooner.
3. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
(a) his own experience with whales while he was at sea.
(b) interviews with survivors of whale attacks.
(c) other ships that have had bad encounters with whales.
(d) stories printed in British and American newspapers.
4. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they analyze too much.
(b) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(c) they become easily bored.
(d) they ask too many questions.
5. What is the next whaling ship the Pequod meets during the search for Moby Dick?
(a) The Bounty.
(b) The Delight.
(c) The Barbara Ellen.
(d) The Nantucket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Ahab doing as the Pequod sails away from The Delight?
2. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
5. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)