|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of the coffin?
(a) a thing of death is so beautifully carved.
(b) a thing of death is an omen for the future.
(c) a thing of death is a visual reminder of Moby Dick.
(d) a thing of death is being turned into a thing of life.
2. What does Fedallah dream about?
3. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) standing on the deck.
(b) in his cabin.
(c) still at home in his bedroom.
(d) bringing up the rear.
4. Who watches everyone approach the gold coin?
5. What is the encounter in the ocean that causes Ahab to come to the deck?
(a) they see a huge pod of whales.
(b) they hear strange musical sounds in the ocean.
(c) they meet another whaling ship.
(d) they are chased by pirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Starbuck send Stubb to report the storm damage to Captain Ahab?
2. What is the ship's carpenter assigned to do?
3. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
4. Who stays with the whale through the night?
5. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)