|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queequeg see in the Spanish doubloon?
(a) the price of a bride.
(b) a pair of gold earrings.
(c) something to decorate his pipe.
(d) nothing of any value.
2. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
3. What does Ahab finally admit?
(a) that Starbuck is right and he is wrong.
(b) that he cannot look at the bright side of things.
(c) that he is an inept captain.
(d) that he has been wrong and should return home.
4. How does Ishmael describe the whales he sees in the ocean?
(a) like huge rocks in the water.
(b) like big lumps of gray.
(c) like big gray buses.
(d) like ships without sails.
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) shaving with his harpoon.
(b) smoking his pipe.
(c) selling a shrunken head.
(d) sharpening his hatchet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
2. What does Stubb get from the dead whale?
3. Why does Ishmael linger on the Biblical story of Jonah?
4. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
5. What does Ahab do in an excited state after visiting the Samuel Enderby?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)