|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) some whales have more solid bones.
(b) the reason is unknown.
(c) some whales take in more air.
(d) the reason has to do with size.
2. How did the watch on the mast of The Rachel know that Moby Dick had probably been harpooned.
(a) it happened right near The Rachel.
(b) he saw the White Whale attack the boat.
(c) he saw the boat being pulled away.
(d) he thought he could see it happen.
3. To what complaint does Ahab admit?
(a) phantom pain from his missing leg.
(b) mental instability at times.
(c) never being able to sleep.
(d) the fear of losing both legs.
4. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
(a) he tried to kiss the bride.
(b) he used the punch bowl as a finger bowl.
(c) he danced on the table.
(d) he wore a grass skirt.
5. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
(a) a dream Fedallah has while on Ahab's boat.
(b) a dream Ahab has while waiting out the night.
(c) a story Ahab remembers about Moby Dick.
(d) a story Fedallah tells while on Ahab's boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the harpoon especially made for Moby Dick?
2. What does Ahab finally admit?
3. What makes Ahab return quickly to the Pequod from the Samuel Enderby?
4. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
5. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)