|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
(a) his work in the galley.
(b) his experience in swabbing the deck.
(c) his time in the whaling boats.
(d) his first experience serving watch.
2. What is the mood on the Pequod?
(a) high with anticipation.
(b) light and cheerful.
(c) grim and somber.
(d) excited and tense.
3. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
(a) they way they always go to the same place to spawn.
(b) the way they follow certain routes to new feeding areas.
(c) the way they spout when finding schools of fish.
(d) the way they head south in the winter.
4. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
(a) the way it shines in the sunlight.
(b) the plan he has for getting it for himself.
(c) the number of cigars it will buy.
(d) the astrological meaning of the engraving on the coin.
5. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
(a) elegance and sophistication.
(b) common sense and intelligence.
(c) impetuousness and anger.
(d) ignorance and brashness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the harpoon especially made for Moby Dick?
2. What further detailed information does Ishmael record about the whale?
3. What does Ahab contemplate concerning the man who carves his peg leg and builds coffins?
4. What is the carpenter ordered to do with Queequeg's coffin?
5. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)