|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to keep his pistol loaded.
(b) to become his friend.
(c) to convert him to Christianity.
(d) to ask for another room.
2. What is the encounter in the ocean that causes Ahab to come to the deck?
(a) they see a huge pod of whales.
(b) they meet another whaling ship.
(c) they are chased by pirates.
(d) they hear strange musical sounds in the ocean.
3. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
(a) a hole in the bottom of each whale boat.
(b) five men they had not seen before.
(c) Captain Ahab without his ivory peg leg.
(d) whales completely surrounding the ship.
4. How is Ahab's mental condition best described by this point?
(a) much more optimistic.
(b) finally sane.
(c) cheerful with expectation.
(d) truly morbid.
5. What occurs on the Pequod that sends Starbuck to see the captain?
(a) the rum ration has run out.
(b) there is a leak in one of the casks of whale oil.
(c) someone is stealing from the crew's lockers.
(d) Moby Dick is sighted off the starboard side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the large hunting ground where the Pequod finds itself in the middle of a pod of sperm whales?
2. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
4. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
5. What is the condition of the baby whale they harpoon?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)