|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ahab become more irritated as the Pequod sails in the Pacific Ocean?
(a) he begins having strange dreams about Moby Dick.
(b) he knows Moby Dick is swimming in the same ocean.
(c) he believes the crew are not watchful enough.
(d) he thinks Moby Dick has returned to the Indian ocean.
2. What happens to the two men who turn on Steelkilt and come out of the locked scuttle?
(a) they are flogged.
(b) they walk the plank.
(c) they receive pardons.
(d) they are hanged.
3. What happens to the mast of the Pequod during a typhoon?
(a) it breaks in two.
(b) it catches on fire.
(c) it loses all its sails.
(d) it glows in the dark.
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to have dinner with him.
(b) to give him medical supplies.
(c) to get news of Moby Dick.
(d) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
5. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) bringing up the rear.
(b) standing on the deck.
(c) in his cabin.
(d) still at home in his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs on the Pequod that sends Starbuck to see the captain?
2. What is the news from The Rachel as it nears the Pequod?
3. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
4. What is the next whaling ship the Pequod meets during the search for Moby Dick?
5. Although the other four strange men blend in with the crew, what does Ishmael observe about Fedallah?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)