|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does the Pequod escape at sea?
(a) Malay pirates.
(b) Japanese gun boats.
(c) an ocean whirlpool.
(d) a giant squid.
2. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) sharpening his hatchet.
(b) smoking his pipe.
(c) shaving with his harpoon.
(d) selling a shrunken head.
3. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
(a) changing the direction of the ship.
(b) balancing the ship.
(c) keeping the ropes from breaking.
(d) keeping the sharks away.
4. Why does the crew on the ship see Stubb's and Flask's boats coming fast toward them?
(a) they are caught in a rip tide.
(b) they are being pulled by a harpooned whale.
(c) they are running from Moby Dick.
(d) they are being chased by pirates.
5. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(a) merchant marine.
(c) bank clerk.
(d) newspaper reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
2. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
3. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
4. What does Ishmael say whale ship crew members often do with the bones of whales?
5. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)