|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) with a great deal of tension.
(b) with his sense of humor.
(c) by writing in a diary.
(d) by not thinking about it.
2. What does Ishmael say the head of the sperm whale contains?
(a) soft tissue that contains no oil.
(b) a gigantic brain.
(c) the largest and the most pure quantity of sperm whale oil.
(d) hard bone used as a battering ram.
3. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
(a) a man who kills for sport.
(b) a man who has lost his valor.
(c) a man who disobeys orders.
(d) a man who thinks he knows everything.
4. Why does the crew on the ship see Stubb's and Flask's boats coming fast toward them?
(a) they are caught in a rip tide.
(b) they are being pulled by a harpooned whale.
(c) they are running from Moby Dick.
(d) they are being chased by pirates.
5. To what does Ishmael attribute the Sag Harbor man's disbelief in the story of Jonah?
(a) his personal experience inside a whale.
(b) his minute education and inability to reason.
(c) his custom of arguing with everyone.
(d) his listening to too many doubters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
2. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
3. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
4. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
5. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)