|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Pine.
(b) Father Elm.
(c) Father Maple.
(d) Father Sycamore.
2. How does Ishmael describe the whales he sees in the ocean?
(a) like huge rocks in the water.
(b) like big gray buses.
(c) like big lumps of gray.
(d) like ships without sails.
3. What is the condition of the baby whale they harpoon?
(a) it is still attached by an umbilical cord.
(b) it is sick from swallowing a turtle.
(c) it is dying from lack of milk.
(d) it is lost from its mother.
4. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
(a) a whale spout is seen only once every afternoon.
(b) no large fish are spotted near the Pequod.
(c) something keeps bumping the Pequod.
(d) a whale spout is seen at night every so often.
5. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
(a) he tells the story of the Bounty.
(b) he tells the story of Steelkilt and Radney.
(c) he tells the story of the Nautilus.
(d) he tells the story of Sinbad and Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
2. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
3. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
4. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
5. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)