|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
(a) resign and jump ship.
(b) lead a mutiny.
(c) pray every day more urgently.
(d) make out his will.
2. What reaction do both Ahab and Starbuck have to the Spanish doubloon still nailed to the mast?
3. Why does Pip join on one of the whaling boats?
(a) because he was sleeping in the boat.
(b) because one of the crew is injured.
(c) because he begs to go along.
(d) because he angered Captain ahab.
4. What happens to the two men who turn on Steelkilt and come out of the locked scuttle?
(a) they walk the plank.
(b) they are flogged.
(c) they are hanged.
(d) they receive pardons.
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Devil-dam.
(b) the Titanic.
(c) the Pequod.
(d) the Tit-bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
2. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
3. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
4. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
5. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)