|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael recount about the Samuel Enderby that occurs many years later?
(a) he hears that Moby Dick sank the ship.
(b) he meets a sailor who remembers Captain Ahab.
(c) he has a fine social evening on board the ship.
(d) he learns how the Samuel Enderby ran aground.
2. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(b) by saving a man who fell overboard.
(c) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(d) by climbing to the top of the mast.
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a teapot.
(b) a still for making rum.
(c) a caddy for ginger water.
(d) a barrel of lemonade.
4. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
5. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
(a) an unborn whale.
(b) timbers from a whaling boat.
(c) the remains of a man.
(d) a harpoon and cord and a stone lance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
2. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
3. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
4. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
5. To what does Ishmael compare the differences between land and sea?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)