|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(b) they analyze too much.
(c) they become easily bored.
(d) they ask too many questions.
2. What is the name of the ship they are about to set sail on?
(a) The Virgin
(b) The Gogol
(c) The Pequod
(d) The Rachel
3. What Biblical character does Mapple deliver a sermon about?
(c) The Good Samaritan
4. Which of the following does a shark not use its tail for?
(b) A way to comunicate
(c) A sweeper
(d) A mace
5. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
(a) they swim away in terror.
(b) they kill themselves.
(c) they group to attack the whale.
(d) they rise to the surface.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is served last at the captain's table?
2. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
3. What meal does Ishmael describe in Chapter 5?
4. Which two characters own the ship?
5. What does Charity bring for the crew of the ship?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)