|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) standing on the deck.
(b) bringing up the rear.
(c) in his cabin.
(d) still at home in his bedroom.
2. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(b) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(c) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(d) they are ghosts and not real men.
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(b) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(c) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(d) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
4. What equipment does Ishmael discuss including their descriptions and uses?
5. From what does the Pequod escape at sea?
(a) Malay pirates.
(b) a giant squid.
(c) Japanese gun boats.
(d) an ocean whirlpool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
2. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
3. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
5. To what does Ishmael compare the differences between land and sea?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)