|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does the Pequod escape at sea?
(a) an ocean whirlpool.
(b) Japanese gun boats.
(c) a giant squid.
(d) Malay pirates.
2. How does Ishmael foreshadow Starbuck's behavior throughout the novel?
(a) He becomes fearful and mutinous.
(b) He changes into a madman.
(c) He loses all his moral values and tries to kill Ahab.
(d) He remains the valiant and moral person he first appears to be.
3. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
(a) because it deals with whale stories.
(b) because it discusses the pecularities of Ahab.
(c) because it describes Moby Dick in detail.
(d) because it describes behaviors of whales.
4. Although the other four strange men blend in with the crew, what does Ishmael observe about Fedallah?
(a) he stays apart because only Ahab understands his language.
(b) his ability as harpooner is questionable.
(c) he seems to like only Queequeg.
(d) his reasons for being on the voyage remained a mystery.
5. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
2. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
3. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
4. How does Stubb regain a dead whale from a French whaling boat?
5. Where is the large hunting ground where the Pequod finds itself in the middle of a pod of sperm whales?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)