|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the large hunting ground where the Pequod finds itself in the middle of a pod of sperm whales?
(a) near Japan.
(b) near Nantucket.
(c) near Capetown.
(d) near Jakarta.
2. From what does the Pequod escape at sea?
(a) an ocean whirlpool.
(b) Japanese gun boats.
(c) a giant squid.
(d) Malay pirates.
3. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
4. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) shaving with his harpoon.
(b) selling a shrunken head.
(c) sharpening his hatchet.
(d) smoking his pipe.
5. What does Stubb get from the dead whale?
(a) the tail fins.
(b) a substance known as Ambergis.
(c) the skull and teeth.
(d) the bones in the mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stubb regain a dead whale from a French whaling boat?
2. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
3. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
4. Although the other four strange men blend in with the crew, what does Ishmael observe about Fedallah?
5. What does Ishmael conclude about whales' olfactory and vocal systems?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)