|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the hotel the Spaniards were staying at?
(a) The Starry Night
(b) The Whalers Inn
(c) The Golden Inn
(d) The Yearbook
2. What happens to the two men who turn on Steelkilt and come out of the locked scuttle?
(a) they walk the plank.
(b) they receive pardons.
(c) they are hanged.
(d) they are flogged.
3. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he takes the watch for more whales.
(b) he descends to hold it secure.
(c) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
(d) he carves the teeth from the whale.
4. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
(a) he wore a grass skirt.
(b) he used the punch bowl as a finger bowl.
(c) he tried to kiss the bride.
(d) he danced on the table.
5. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
(a) a prophet of the Neskyeuna Shakers.
(b) a defrocked priest.
(c) a savage from the islands.
(d) another man named Starbuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What island is Queequeg's father the king of?
2. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
3. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
4. What does the landlady want Queequeg to leave downstairs?
5. What sea creature eats a squid?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)