|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(b) He uses history to honor whalers.
(c) He defends their crude manners.
(d) He explains why they are socially low.
2. What danger does Ishmael say the whale wields in particular?
(a) the whale never forgets.
(b) the whale can do great damage with its tail.
(c) the whale can fluke and land on a ship.
(d) the whale can call for other whales to attack a ship.
3. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
(a) he tells the story of the Bounty.
(b) he tells the story of the Nautilus.
(c) he tells the story of Steelkilt and Radney.
(d) he tells the story of Sinbad and Ali.
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) crewmen on the Pequod.
(b) builders of the Pequod.
(c) part owners of the Pequod.
(d) outfitters of the Pequod.
5. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
(a) in a dream he has about a white whale.
(b) by suggesting the white whale is a myth.
(c) with stories of the dangerous white whale.
(d) by Ahab's description of the white whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
2. Where is the large hunting ground where the Pequod finds itself in the middle of a pod of sperm whales?
3. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
4. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
5. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)