|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Pequod.
(b) the Titanic.
(c) the Devil-dam.
(d) the Tit-bit.
2. What does Ishmael recount about the Samuel Enderby that occurs many years later?
(a) he learns how the Samuel Enderby ran aground.
(b) he hears that Moby Dick sank the ship.
(c) he meets a sailor who remembers Captain Ahab.
(d) he has a fine social evening on board the ship.
3. What does Pip do when a whale is harpooned?
(a) he starts to cry.
(b) he jumps into the ocean.
(c) he hides in the bottom of the boat.
(d) he hits the whale with his oar.
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to get news of Moby Dick.
(b) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(c) to give him medical supplies.
(d) to have dinner with him.
5. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(b) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(c) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(d) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
2. To what does Ishmael attribute the hieroglyphic-like markings on the whale skin?
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
4. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
5. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)