|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
(a) hauling it back to the ship.
(b) removing its skin.
(c) estimating its weight.
(d) cutting off its head and tail.
2. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
(a) because it deals with whale stories.
(b) because it discusses the pecularities of Ahab.
(c) because it describes Moby Dick in detail.
(d) because it describes behaviors of whales.
3. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
(a) He has lost his appetite.
(b) He finds no pleasure in life.
(c) He cannot sleep at night.
(d) His hair has turned white.
4. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
(a) the cowboy.
(b) the door post.
(c) the anchor.
(d) the monkey.
5. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the sperm whale.
(b) the albino whale.
(c) the duodecimo whale.
(d) the octavo whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pip is finally rescued after jumping the second time from the boat, what is his condition?
2. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
4. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
5. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)