|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
(a) There are ghosts on the Pequod.
(b) Moby Dick is sniffing out Captain Ahab.
(c) There is live bait in the hold.
(d) There are stowaways on board.
2. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
(a) he curses it.
(b) he drives a harpoon through it.
(c) he speaks to it.
(d) he watches it all night long.
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(b) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(c) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(d) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) preparing for death.
(b) the creation of sea creatures.
(c) Balam and the ass.
(d) Jonah and the whale.
5. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to become his friend.
(b) to convert him to Christianity.
(c) to ask for another room.
(d) to keep his pistol loaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
2. What does Pip do when a whale is harpooned?
3. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
4. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
5. When Tashtego accidentally falls into the oil-filled head of the whale, who rescues him?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)