|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
(a) they are too realistic.
(b) they are pictured in false colors.
(c) they are painted out of the water.
(d) they are imaginary and not true to life.
2. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
(b) It is covered with sharkskin.
(c) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
(d) It is double decked.
3. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Peter Coffin Inn.
(b) the Whale Bone Inn.
(c) the Spouter Inn.
(d) the Humpback Inn.
4. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(a) play cards.
(c) sing and dance.
(d) tell sea tales.
5. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
(a) his own experience with whales while he was at sea.
(b) other ships that have had bad encounters with whales.
(c) stories printed in British and American newspapers.
(d) interviews with survivors of whale attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
2. From what does the Pequod escape at sea?
3. Why does Pip join on one of the whaling boats?
4. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
5. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)