|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
(a) the plan he has for getting it for himself.
(b) the way it shines in the sunlight.
(c) the astrological meaning of the engraving on the coin.
(d) the number of cigars it will buy.
2. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
(a) they are pictured in false colors.
(b) they are imaginary and not true to life.
(c) they are too realistic.
(d) they are painted out of the water.
3. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to ask for another room.
(b) to keep his pistol loaded.
(c) to convert him to Christianity.
(d) to become his friend.
4. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they analyze too much.
(b) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(c) they become easily bored.
(d) they ask too many questions.
5. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) turns around three times.
(b) crawls under the bed.
(c) jumps up on top of the bed.
(d) sits on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger does Ishmael say the whale wields in particular?
2. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
3. From what does the Pequod escape at sea?
4. What reaction do both Ahab and Starbuck have to the Spanish doubloon still nailed to the mast?
5. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)