|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(b) sing and dance.
(c) tell sea tales.
(d) play cards.
2. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their willingness to sail for three years.
(b) their families back home.
(c) their procedure when they spot a whale.
(d) their experience in whaling.
3. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
4. What is Ahab aware of while he stands on the deck of the Pequod?
(a) all the crew thinks he has lost his mind.
(b) exactly where all the holes are made for his peg leg.
(c) all the crew are fearful of him.
(d) all eyes look to see lest he fall or hold onto anything to steady himself.
5. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(b) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(c) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(d) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pip is finally rescued after jumping the second time from the boat, what is his condition?
2. What do Ahab and the captain of the Samuel Enderby have in common?
3. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
4. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
5. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)