|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(b) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(c) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(d) offering to work for less pay.
2. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(b) He uses history to honor whalers.
(c) He defends their crude manners.
(d) He explains why they are socially low.
3. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
(a) to a painting of a ship drawn from a shipwreck.
(b) to a painting of a house from another culture.
(c) to a painting of a tiger seen in a cage.
(d) to a painting of the moon.
4. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
5. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) a long stick.
(b) his long arms.
(c) a small lasso.
(d) his harpoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
2. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
3. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
5. Where does Ishmael say the brain of the sperm whale lies?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)