|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ahab aware of while he stands on the deck of the Pequod?
(a) exactly where all the holes are made for his peg leg.
(b) all the crew thinks he has lost his mind.
(c) all eyes look to see lest he fall or hold onto anything to steady himself.
(d) all the crew are fearful of him.
2. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
(b) he adds comic relief to the story.
(c) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(d) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
3. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he takes the watch for more whales.
(b) he carves the teeth from the whale.
(c) he descends to hold it secure.
(d) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
4. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
(a) the anchor.
(b) the door post.
(c) the cowboy.
(d) the monkey.
5. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
(a) the remains of a man.
(b) timbers from a whaling boat.
(c) an unborn whale.
(d) a harpoon and cord and a stone lance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
2. What does Queequeg see in the Spanish doubloon?
3. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
4. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
5. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)