|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queequeg see in the Spanish doubloon?
(a) a pair of gold earrings.
(b) something to decorate his pipe.
(c) nothing of any value.
(d) the price of a bride.
2. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
(a) he does not like Ahab.
(b) he never leaves his own ship.
(c) his crew is ill.
(d) he is jealous of the Pequod's catch.
3. How does Ishmael classify the oiling of the bottom of a boat?
(a) a ceremony performed for Neptune.
(b) a ceremony performed for good luck.
(c) a ceremony performed to attract whales.
(d) a ceremony of initiation of new sailors.
4. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
(a) balancing the ship.
(b) keeping the sharks away.
(c) changing the direction of the ship.
(d) keeping the ropes from breaking.
5. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
(a) he tried to kiss the bride.
(b) he danced on the table.
(c) he wore a grass skirt.
(d) he used the punch bowl as a finger bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger does Ishmael say the whale wields in particular?
2. To what does Ishmael attribute the Sag Harbor man's disbelief in the story of Jonah?
3. How does Ishmael describe the whales he sees in the ocean?
4. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
5. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)