|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
(a) he wore a grass skirt.
(b) he tried to kiss the bride.
(c) he used the punch bowl as a finger bowl.
(d) he danced on the table.
2. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
(a) they swim away in terror.
(b) they kill themselves.
(c) they rise to the surface.
(d) they group to attack the whale.
3. What do passing sailors say about the white whale?
(a) they do not believe it exists.
(b) they spotted it yesterday.
(c) they heard it was caught and killed.
(d) they think it has returned to the Indian Ocean.
4. What country does the Peqoud near at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What does Ishmael conclude about whales' olfactory and vocal systems?
(a) they can neither smell nor communicate.
(b) they have a keen sense of smell for communication.
(c) they use smell to find food and sing to tell other whales.
(d) they cannot smell but they communicate with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters keep watch on both the crew and the ocean?
2. Where does Ishmael's story about a sea monster take place?
3. What kind of whale does Ishmael claim an author had experience with?
4. Although the other four strange men blend in with the crew, what does Ishmael observe about Fedallah?
5. How did the watch on the mast of The Rachel know that Moby Dick had probably been harpooned.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)