|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ishmael's religious affiliation?
2. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they ask too many questions.
(b) they become easily bored.
(c) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(d) they analyze too much.
3. How does Stubb regain a dead whale from a French whaling boat?
(a) by stealing the dead whale at night.
(b) by playing poker.
(c) by threatening to blow up their boat.
(d) by using humor and intelligence.
4. What is Ishmael's role during the flensing?
(b) The blubber hooker
(c) Queequeg's bow man
(d) Look out
5. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
(a) a prophet of the Neskyeuna Shakers.
(b) a savage from the islands.
(c) a defrocked priest.
(d) another man named Starbuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do passing sailors say about the white whale?
2. Which character wants to go against Ahab's orders?
3. What does Charity bring for Stubb?
4. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
5. What occurs on the Pequod that sends Starbuck to see the captain?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)