Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 | Chapters 100-101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) Balam and the ass.
(b) Jonah and the whale.
(c) the creation of sea creatures.
(d) preparing for death.
2. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
3. Why does the crew on the ship see Stubb's and Flask's boats coming fast toward them?
(a) they are caught in a rip tide.
(b) they are being chased by pirates.
(c) they are being pulled by a harpooned whale.
(d) they are running from Moby Dick.
4. What kind of whale eats brit?
(a) The Hunchback Whale
(b) The Right Whale
(c) The Sperm Whale
(d) The Folio Whale
5. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
(a) to a painting of a tiger seen in a cage.
(b) to a painting of a house from another culture.
(c) to a painting of a ship drawn from a shipwreck.
(d) to a painting of the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stubb convince the French ship to leave?
2. What kind of whale is the largest of the whales?
3. What is the name of Bildad's sister?
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
5. Where is the large hunting ground where the Pequod finds itself in the middle of a pod of sperm whales?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)