|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
2. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) clam and cod chowder.
(b) ham and gravy.
(c) bacon and eggs.
(d) fish and chips.
3. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
(a) by Ahab's description of the white whale.
(b) in a dream he has about a white whale.
(c) with stories of the dangerous white whale.
(d) by suggesting the white whale is a myth.
4. Which of the following is a reason why whales are different from fish?
(a) They have spouts
(b) They can live on land
(c) They have lungs
(d) They have a sense of humor
5. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the duodecimo whale.
(b) the sperm whale.
(c) the albino whale.
(d) the octavo whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
2. Why is Queequeg initially not allowed on the ship?
3. What is Queequeg counting when Ishmael returns to the inn?
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
5. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)