|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
(a) a bench in the dining room.
(b) a shared room with a harpooner.
(c) a closet.
(d) a bunk in a communal room.
2. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) Balam and the ass.
(b) Jonah and the whale.
(c) the creation of sea creatures.
(d) preparing for death.
3. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
(a) impetuousness and anger.
(b) ignorance and brashness.
(c) elegance and sophistication.
(d) common sense and intelligence.
4. Why does Pelag allow Queequeg on the ship?
(a) He is good with a tomahawk
(b) He is hardworking
(c) He is good with a harpoon
(d) He is strong and healthy
5. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) part owners of the Pequod.
(b) builders of the Pequod.
(c) crewmen on the Pequod.
(d) outfitters of the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
2. What is Queequeg counting when Ishmael returns to the inn?
3. What meal does Ishmael describe in Chapter 5?
4. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
5. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)