Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Whale Bone Inn.
(b) the Peter Coffin Inn.
(c) the Humpback Inn.
(d) the Spouter Inn.
2. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They look dazed.
(b) They do not know how to dress.
(c) They are carrying large carpetbags.
(d) They have on new Macintoshes.
3. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(b) offering to work for less pay.
(c) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(d) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
4. What do Queequg and Ishmael use to smoke?
(a) Queequeg's tomahawk pipe
(b) Pages of a newspaper
(c) Ishamael's father's pipe
(d) Queequeg's harpoon pipe
5. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) in a wheelbarrow.
(b) on their backs.
(c) on a hay cart.
(d) in a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
2. What is it customary for a fisherman to do before he sets sail?
3. With what does Queequeg threaten Ishmael?
4. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
5. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)