|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Devil-dam.
(b) the Pequod.
(c) the Tit-bit.
(d) the Titanic.
2. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
(a) they swim away in terror.
(b) they rise to the surface.
(c) they group to attack the whale.
(d) they kill themselves.
3. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
(a) the way it shines in the sunlight.
(b) the astrological meaning of the engraving on the coin.
(c) the number of cigars it will buy.
(d) the plan he has for getting it for himself.
4. What is Ishmael's role during the flensing?
(a) The blubber hooker
(c) Queequeg's bow man
(d) Look out
5. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
(a) the door post.
(b) the monkey.
(c) the anchor.
(d) the cowboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahab discover the next morning after the storm?
2. What does Ahab use to chart the path of a sperm whale?
3. What does Charity bring for Stubb?
4. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
5. What do passing sailors say about the white whale?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)