Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They are carrying large carpetbags.
(b) They have on new Macintoshes.
(c) They look dazed.
(d) They do not know how to dress.
2. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Pequod.
(b) the Devil-dam.
(c) the Tit-bit.
(d) the Titanic.
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(b) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(c) an elephant of the ocean.
(d) an elongated fish with big eyes.
4. What is the name of the captain of the ship?
5. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
2. Why is Queequeg initially not allowed on the ship?
3. What was Father Mapple in his youth?
4. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
5. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)